Paxton clears himself of wrongdoing; FBI investigation on-going

2,221 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CanyonAg77
Carolin_Gallego
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In a report totaling 374 pages with exhibits, Paxton's office found that the former employees alleging otherwise have "no evidence" of a "quid pro quo"--that Latin phrase meaning "this for that," the type of transactions forbidden by public office holders under anti-corruption law.

Several of Paxton's ex-top aidesdescribed in the report as the "Complainants"accused him of improper influence in the case of Austin real estate investor Nate Paul, who donated to the attorney general's 2018 re-election campaign. They claimed the attorney general performed a series of favors for Paul, allegedly in return for a job for Paxton's mistress, according to the Houston Chronicle. Paul has been under a lengthy FBI investigation, and the investor's properties in the Lone Star State's capital were raided on Aug. 19, 2020.

Paxton's ex-aidesJeff Mateer, Ryan Bangert, Lacey Mase, Ryan Vassar, Mark Penley, Blake Brickman, and Darren McCart -- were fired or resigned.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/ag-paxton-committed-no-crime-texas-attorney-general-clears-self-of-bribery-accusations-in-unsigned-report/

Imagine that.

He was indicted 6 years ago for securities fraud, but has not had a trial, and has been added to another securities fraud case this year.
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
DrEvazanPhD
Hi Keith!
Teslag
AG
Good post. Going to totally vote for a pro gun control, pro mask in school, anti liberty Democrat for Texas AG ASAP
DallasAg 94
Looks like he learned from Team Biden and Team Obama.

Kudos to him.

Congrats on being cleared.
Rockdoc
AG
Where were you yesterday?
Rapier108
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3219863
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Layne Staley
AG
Keith - your stuff is embarrassing. If I hadn't met you in person I would think this was an act, but sadly its not.
Cassius
Thanks Keef. Have a great day!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Given the left's penchant for giving a total of zero sh**s about the rule of law, pardon me when I say I. Don't. F--king. Care. What. Libs. Think. Of. Paxton.
Carolin_Gallego

Staff, Per your warning, I'm trying to discuss the links that I posted but am only receiving trolls.
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
CanyonAg77
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Staff, Per your warning, I'm trying to discuss the links that I posted but am only receiving trolls.

No one wants to discuss with a troll, which is all you are. You are reaping what you sow.

I am still amazed that you can bash TexAgs on every available online discussion, ye they allow you to post here.

If this Forum is as bad as you tell the rest of the world it is, why are you here?
Teslag
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

There's already a thread on this, ergo your thread is a troll.
Gigem314
AG
#AnyDayNow

This time they really mean it! No more messing around!!!
Carolin_Gallego

I did not notice it. It had fallen off page one.
FriscoKid
AG

Any day now Paxton will finally be in cuffs!
Tailgate88
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Carolin_Gallego

What about his own staff? Most people would not consider them libs.
fooz
Carolin_Gallego said:

You are the troll.
Satellite of Love
Rockdoc said:

Where were you yesterday?
He didn't have the correct talking points yet.
Squadron7
AG
Afghanistan is the fall of Saigon 2.0.

Cuomo is disgraced.

But....but...but...Paxton!!1!1!!!

Sucks to be Keef.
Carolin_Gallego

All these responses and all of them are trolls.

If Texags believes progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, then this behavior needs to be moderated.
CanyonAg77
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

When is the last time you had an actual discussion here?

You post troll topics.

The regulars recognize your schtick.

You whine that we're not discussing.

You go back to your blogs and your Twitter and your daily kos pages, and whine about what a terrible forum this is.

All you come for, is to catch some new guy saying something you interpret as racist/sexist/homophobic, so you can use it to denounce TexAgs on your other social media.

It's tiresome.

DrEvazanPhD
You would be a guard at the camps, not an inmate, and you'd be so sure of your rightness and superiority that you'd never question what you were doing.

Take your troll elsewhere
Ag with kids
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

If Texags believes progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, then this behavior needs to be moderated.
This was discussed yesterday, but the thread wasn't an obvious attack troll by the OP so it went decently.

Sorry your thread lost.
CanyonAg77
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

It's not trolling to point out your past behaviors, your TexAgs bashing on other sites, your bias, and your incessant trolls.
Slicer97
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

If you want more discussion, present better ideas, not the terrible ones you keep bringing here.
TexAgs91
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

In a report totaling 374 pages with exhibits, Paxton's office found that the former employees alleging otherwise have "no evidence" of a "quid pro quo"--that Latin phrase meaning "this for that," the type of transactions forbidden by public office holders under anti-corruption law.

Several of Paxton's ex-top aidesdescribed in the report as the "Complainants"accused him of improper influence in the case of Austin real estate investor Nate Paul, who donated to the attorney general's 2018 re-election campaign. They claimed the attorney general performed a series of favors for Paul, allegedly in return for a job for Paxton's mistress, according to the Houston Chronicle. Paul has been under a lengthy FBI investigation, and the investor's properties in the Lone Star State's capital were raided on Aug. 19, 2020.

Paxton's ex-aidesJeff Mateer, Ryan Bangert, Lacey Mase, Ryan Vassar, Mark Penley, Blake Brickman, and Darren McCart -- were fired or resigned.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/ag-paxton-committed-no-crime-texas-attorney-general-clears-self-of-bribery-accusations-in-unsigned-report/

Imagine that.

He was indicted 6 years ago for securities fraud, but has not had a trial, and has been added to another securities fraud case this year.
A lib lecturing us on the law? LOL That's rich.
You voted for a racist pedo. When Trump was impeached for a phone call, the subject of the phone call was actual quid pro quo that your guy committed. Your guy's son is a crack addict that sells access to the VP and now the president*. And that asterisk is because your guy stole an election.

THAT is who you support.

Sorry your party of slavery lost in its attempt to open the southern border of our country wide open to import more illegal voters into this country.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Get Off My Lawn
There was a time when an ongoing FBI investigation would have been persuasive. It now carries about as much weight as an MFBarnes hot take.
CanyonAg77
AG
Staff, everyone can Google Keith DB and find his crap.

Why are you protecting an enemy of your site?

By the way, to those Googling, KeithDB that posts as Caroline Galeeigo is NOT Keith deBolt.

Please don't annoy Mr. DeBolt.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.