One picture/tweet that sums up Biden's failed foreign policy to date..

8,982 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by denied
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I'm guessing he didn't think about temps and oxygen levels at altitude.

Also likely he just didn't know to think about it. Sad all around.
thirdcoast
AG
So you can handle a still image of legs flopping against an airplane in OP, but not a video image of legs flopping against an airplane?

Or was it inserting Biden into the image that is really the problem?
rocky the dog
AG
One picture that sums up Biden's presidency...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Matt_ag98
LoudestWHOOP! said:

YouBet said:

Guess I'm blind. I don't see anything in that picture other than an engine.
Click the image, the person is at the bottom

I am sure Lord Zuck and the government will do it's best to scrub that image off the internet if they can, then we can go back to posts about "make sure to mask up at the grocery store because of the Epsilon Variant"
Casey TableTennis
AG
thirdcoast said:

So you can handle a still image of legs flopping against an airplane in OP, but not a video image of legs flopping against an airplane?

Or was it inserting Biden into the image that is really the problem?

You are off base here. I simply think a fair warning for others is appropriate. Not sure why that is hard to understand.
Nasreddin
I'm sure that Afghani would have liked some fair warning
Yesterday
AG
Why did my fair point post get deleted?
FriscoKid
AG
Yesterday said:

Why did my fair point post get deleted?
there is a lot of that taking place these days.
Casey TableTennis
AG
Robin Hood Was A Thief said:

I'm sure that Afghani would have liked some fair warning

Don't think anyone would argue with you on this. I believe deeply in freedom, and seeing our pitiful exit leaving the Taliban in control reducing Afghani's freedoms, especially women and children's, is incredibly disheartening.

As a minor example of freedom, I believe if someone chooses not to see a video of a deceased person, they should have reasonable opportunity to avoid doing so.

I don't need to shove my freedom down someone else's throat (or sear it into someone's mind in this case) just to make a point.
The Fife
titan said:

So tragic. Not least because he had some shot in hell of the desperate maneuver succeeding. If he somehow stayed clear of the gear drawing it back up into the plane, he might have been able to attract attention for them to open the wheel nacelle and get him out. Depends on the altitude and the physical structure of the landing gear nacelle.

Not a chance. IIRC when retracting the MLG there are a pair of doors per side that pivot outward first (above the pod doors), the gear which is in a fwd and aft section (3 wheels each) rotates 90 degrees beginning with the aft one, retracts into the pods (again aft one first) while the doors that pivoted outboard close, lastly the curved pod doors close. There really isn't extra space in there, it's a real efficient design.

I can't tell from the picture what exactly he's caught up in, whether it's the RH FWD MLG or one of the doors that pivots outward. Looks like the gear rotated partially and then stopped but something getting caught up in those doors might also cause a retraction fault.

It's kind of a funny design that's done to keep the plane low to the ground a lot of the structure and actuators you'd see in the wheel well of a commercial jet are out to the side of the cargo area instead. With gear down there are a pair of little doors on the two that pivot outward to make room for part of the actuation system (otherwise the whole larger door would be open), and I can just about guarantee you that's what people were hanging on to at least initially because otherwise the sides are smooth.

TexasAggie_02
AG
if you look through the comments to that tweet, the pic is a still from a video. i do not recommended watching it unless you need proof that it is not staged
IslanderAg04
Matt_ag98 said:

LoudestWHOOP! said:

YouBet said:

Guess I'm blind. I don't see anything in that picture other than an engine.
Click the image, the person is at the bottom

I am sure Lord Zuck and the government will do it's best to scrub that image off the internet if they can, then we can go back to posts about "make sure to mask up at the grocery store because of the Epsilon Variant"

Yup, had the link i sent to a friend this morning. It's now removed. Video is literally the dudes legs flailing around. Believe me, it's disturbing and not staged.

Just search c17 landing gear and youll see the video. .
Slyfox07
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I take it that's a body wedged in the landing gear. I'm guessing he didn't think about temps and oxygen levels at altitude.

Desperation blended with an elementary education level in all likelihood.

These people apparently don't understand that riding on a jetliner isn't the same as piling into a truck or a train.

It just isn't survivable.
scottimus
AG
May God rest his soul.
Ellis Wyatt
Gator92 said:

In before Ranger65
Ranger65 voted for Joe and would again. Guaranteed. He just might not brag about it.
Horn_in_Aggieland
titan
S

Very informative post. So the possibilities from larger nacelles in earlier aircraft to pull off such a stunt (and only if you did it before they reach higher altitude and get someone's attention) are just totally gone. What a poor wretched end.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
BigRobSA
XXXVII said:

johnrth said:

I would wager to guess these people who jumped on the outside of the plane probably thought it was like a train and they'd be able to hold on, with no knowledge of the speed, altitude, and temperatures.

Probably. Many of these people are illiterate and have IQs below 80.

Wait...they're Democrats!?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Horn_in_Aggieland
BigRobSA said:

XXXVII said:

johnrth said:

I would wager to guess these people who jumped on the outside of the plane probably thought it was like a train and they'd be able to hold on, with no knowledge of the speed, altitude, and temperatures.

Probably. Many of these people are illiterate and have IQs below 80.

Wait...they're Democrats!?
They are now.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/afghanistan/video-2482705/Video-Horrific-video-shows-Afghan-caught-landing-gear-evacuation.html

We have allowed our country to infiltrated and overrun with those who wish to see it fail. This is one of the results.
This is an untenable course. Blood is going to be shed sooner rather than later.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Gigemags382 said:

There is 0 chance we will see pictures of people being airlifted off of roofs. No chance at all. No, there will be pictures of people dangling from airplanes 5k feet in the air.

AND pictures of people being airlifted off of roofs.
Keller6Ag91
AG
cbr said:

Btw, biden is not failing, at all. He is doing what he is told and accomplishing his mission fairly well. You just didnt realize what his mission is.
I have a hard time believing that....but the cronies around him, absolutely.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
cbr
AG
Keller6Ag91 said:

cbr said:

Btw, biden is not failing, at all. He is doing what he is told and accomplishing his mission fairly well. You just didnt realize what his mission is.
I have a hard time believing that....but the cronies around him, absolutely.
How can it not be obvious.
Muy
AG
When the US President is so awful at his job that it's a far better death to be crushed by the landing gear than to stay on the ground.
titan
S

That's the real lesson of that poor man's death.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
El Chupacabra
Still better than flying Frontier.
AgRN16
AG
El Chupacabra said:

Still better than flying Frontier.

SAVAGE!!!!
Kenneth_2003
AG
I'm honestly surprised to see the plane that high unless they are in low clouds. The pilots need to get a clean profile for efficient flight. I'd figure if they don't get three greens the 1st step on the checklist would be to cycle the landing gear.
denied
They may also be under a directive that says if sustained flight is possible to just GTFO of Afghanistan.
coupland boy
AG
I'm just thankful none of those folks threw something into the engine
EX TEXASEX
I give you the two spirit animals of this admin . Jen Psaki's spirit animal and basically the whole admin's spirit animal

&f=1&nofb=1

the rest of the admin.
&f=1&nofb=1
The Fife
The only thing I can figure was maybe they needed to get up there to visit a KC-135 before continuing on to whatever country it sounds like they diverted to.

One article I read suggests they found out about the guy some time after they ran into trouble retracting the gear. It sounded like he was spotted by one of the pax later on.
TheEternalPessimist
Don't think that the left won't do this to you here in America..... they will. Vaccine passports are just the start.
bonfarr
AG
hedge said:

That guys has some serious ****ing balls

His balls were left on the tarmac when that jet lifted off.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Possible... I don't know if the C17 has a maximum landing gear speed or not. May be though that speed wasn't as important as altitude and fuel. I've heard Kabul is difficult to takeoff from due to altitude and summer temps so I could see them taking off with minimal fuel, especially if there wasn't much/any on the ramp to begin with. Wise to save what fuel was available for planes that couldn't inflight refuel.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.