Corporate Recruitment Spikes at HBCUs In the Wake of 2020 Civil Unrest

4,330 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by UTExan
TxTarpon
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

'At Least Something Positive Came from It': Corporate Recruitment Spikes at HBCUs In the Wake of Civil Unrest In America
"In my 24-year career in higher education, all in career services, I cannot recall a time when recruitment efforts at HBCUs have been this high and have stayed this high," said Seana Coulter, director of the center for career development at Morgan State University.

Since the highly publicized deaths of Black men and women in 2020, including George Floyd of Minneapolis, Black institutions have become the beneficiaries of Fortune 500 companies looking to build bridges to improving diversity. Those efforts have come in the form of multi-million-dollar donations, initiatives and partnerships all geared toward preparing Black students and graduates post-school life.
Well, well, well.....

Quote:

"We've seen tremendous growth in the number of firms and industries who want to recruit at Howard," Anthony Wilbon, dean of Howard University School of Business, told The Wall Street Journal in October of last year. "Many of them are instituting several diversity and inclusion initiatives."
Diversity is our strength.
Quality is just second or third in line.

Is this the payday they were looking for?

Meanwhile TAMU in Laredo, San Antonio, tu campuses in the Valley are what? Side guacamole?
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I've posted it before, but my wife's Fortune 100 company (she works in HR) has instituted hiring quotas this year. No surprise.
DallasAg 94
Dan Scott
AG
An educated black man has so many advantages right now.
Proc92
Best and brightest.
azul_rain
I want a Hispanic university where there are maragarita Mondays, taco Tuesdays, whisky wednesdays, tequila Thursdays and fiesta Fridays
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Cassius
BRIC is going to kick our azz. They don't do quotas.
YouBet
AG
Dan Scott said:

And women. If you are black with a degree you can pick which jobs you want. Fish in a barrel for them right now.
Cassius
This country is lost.
Cassius
Disgusting liberal garbage.
YouBet
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

I've posted it before, but my wife's Fortune 100 company (she works in HR) has instituted hiring quotas this year. No surprise.

They all are.
titan
S
Cassius said:

This country is lost.
The 50 states arrangement is, yes. Still have hope for some regional separation that preserves some of the best pre-Left. Like the Eastern Empire after 476.
My Name Is Judge
Capitalism will always bring to light who is smart & who is poor

Looking forward to more woke companies failing
TxTarpon
Texas A&M Laredo aka Tamale Tech mano
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

TxTarpon

Quote:

This country is lost.
Because black people are going to be middle class?

-BarronVonAwesome

TxTarpon

Quote:

You must be nuevo.
These companies are "too big to fail" remember?

-BarronVonAwesome

black_ice
TxTarpon said:

Texas A&M Laredo aka Tamale Tech mano

That's racist.
ChemEAg08
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

Capitalism will always bring to light who is smart & who is poor

Ag-Yoakum95
AG
YouBet said:

Dan Scott said:

And women. If you are black with a degree you can pick which jobs you want. Fish in a barrel for them right now.
...and keep those jobs forever in a lot of cases regardless of how toxic they may be in the workplace just because of their gender and/or race.
TxTarpon

Quote:

That's racist.
This whole thread is about racial preference.

Oh wait, they renamed it Texas A&M International in Laredo so no longer TAML tech.
All good now?

-BarronVonAwesome

YouBet
AG
Ag-Yoakum95 said:

YouBet said:

Dan Scott said:

...and keep those jobs forever in a lot of cases regardless of how toxic they may be in the workplace just because of their gender and/or race.
Yep. My brother lost a $15M account this year because of a token, black female they hired in the rush to meet diversity quotas. She sent emails containing documents that had disparaging internal commentary about the customer by herself. Customer fired them. Company simply shrugged shoulders and moved on. Nothing happened to her and my brother loses income.

I have examples from my own former employer as well. Just nothing to be done about it and it harms the minorities that work their ass off and are great at their jobs because everyone else is constantly questioning their legitimacy.
TxTarpon
Lost revenue over feelings?
Sounds like there is more to the story.

I am on the Hispanic Contractor's Email list and the stuff that I read can be summed up as:
"We need to ensure we have special status and exclude any white owned companies."

-BarronVonAwesome

hunter2012
AG
hedge said:

I want a Hispanic university where there are maragarita Mondays, taco Tuesdays, whisky wednesdays, tequila Thursdays and fiesta Fridays
Heck, I called that A&M.
azul_rain
Chimys is good times
YouBet
AG
TxTarpon said:

Lost revenue over feelings?
Sounds like there is more to the story.

I am on the Hispanic Contractor's Email list and the stuff that I read can be summed up as:
"We need to ensure we have special status and exclude any white owned companies."

There is not. He saw the commentary and tried to salvage. Long time customer and she was trashing them in documents. They had other options so they simply fired them and switched.
StandUpforAmerica
hedge said:

Isn't that UTSA?
BAP Enthusiast
Dan Scott said:

You just merely have to graduate as a black person and you'll get 400 job offers, many of which are way above your ability.

The entire system is a joke and I know my kids are going to be royally screwed as adults by it.
azul_rain
UTSA is a joke of a school, commuter college at best
Ags4DaWin
BAP Enthusiast said:

Dan Scott said:

You just merely have to graduate as a black person and you'll get 400 job offers, many of which are way above your ability.

The entire system is a joke and I know my kids are going to be royally screwed as adults by it.

I am going to encourage mine to work internationally in a racist country where ability and skills still mean something.

We are seriously on the front end of the last 1/3 of atlas shrugged.
WHOOP!'91
AG
Yeah, I don't get the whole thing. I mean, nobody will argue that the average graduate of TAMU and PVAMU have the same level of education, right? or FAMU and U Fla?

My company tries to paint it as giving everyone an equal chance, but I am pretty sure nobody buys that. If you're looking for the best qualified candidates, you recruit at the best schools.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Moe Jzyslak
AG
My old company had a Town Hall at the beginning of this year saying they were going to focus on hiring more women and minorities. Q&A after was immediately cut off when people started asking why we weren't just hiring the best people for the job.
YouBet
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

Yeah, I don't get the whole thing. I mean, nobody will argue that the average graduate of TAMU and PVAMU have the same level of education, right? or FAMU and U Fla?

My company tries to paint it as giving everyone an equal chance, but I am pretty sure nobody buys that. If you're looking for the best qualified candidates, you recruit at the best schools.
Current hiring practices do not value that. Diversity is king.

Also, you have a concurrent talent war going on so companies are desperate for people with a pulse in some cases. Helps these folks even more.
BAP Enthusiast
Big Johnson Ag said:

My old company had a Town Hall at the beginning of this year saying they were going to focus on hiring more women and minorities. Q&A after was immediately cut off when people started asking why we weren't just hiring the best people for the job.

Companies don't even value profit anymore. Literally nothing else matters behind diversity quotas and social justice.

I am convinced that if most Fortune 500 companies with huge numbers of blue collar workers could cut them all, they would do so if it helped push more of this garbage. Corporate and Investors absolutely despise the workers who make the company money.
Cassius
BAP Enthusiast said:

Big Johnson Ag said:

Ty old company had a Town Hall at the beginning of this year saying they were going to focus on hiring more women and minorities. Q&A after was immediately cut off when people started asking why we weren't just hiring the best people for the job.

Companies don't even value profit anymore. Literally nothing else matters behind diversity quotas and social justice.

I am convinced that if most Fortune 500 companies with huge numbers of blue collar workers could cut them all, they would do so if it helped push more of this garbage. Corporate and Investors absolutely despise the workers who make the company money.

That's why they will ultimately lose. Some company, somewhere around the world, in that same market, does value profit and excellence. And consumers, despite the nonsense they spout, make decisions based on value and price.
Spotted Ag
AG
Oh, so you mean all these fortune 500 companies whose leadership are woke liberals are finally coming around to hiring black folk? Interesting.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.