It's about to get bad in Afghanistan.

67,772 Views | 619 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by will25u
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eliminatus
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Looks like us and UK might try to hold Kabul?

Might work if you can slow the blitz and then bring in heavy air power. To those who deployed there- how often did you have a chance at a full size fight?
Doubtful. Just trying to delay the Taliban at best to safeguard as many Westerners out as possible. As bad as this thing has been, can you imagine if the Taliban manages to capture more than a few westerners? Even the Dems recognize the PR disaster that would be. More troops is just a stopgap to buy time.

Second part was fairly common at my part of the war, circa '08. Things changed a lot in the years following though. It was not uncommon for us to engage forces of similar size to us. Squad on squad essentially. Three ambushes of 50+ enemy and one rather hairy night where they made an actual attempt on overrunning our FOB. That was a memorable night. Since then though, I think the kinetic phase of the war slowed down considerably.
Who?mikejones!
Also, taliban has stolen some helicopters and apparently flying them around
FriscoKid
AG
This is a horrible moment in our military history. What a ****ing disaster.
Eliminatus
AG
Dad Jokes said:

I move on Taiwan yesterday if I'm China.
Without a doubt and something I have worried about for months now. In my mind, it is just a matter of time and probably sooner rather than later. I feel that way because I would do it if I were the leader of China. Just makes the most sense to do it now.
FriscoKid
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Also, taliban has stolen some helicopters and apparently flying them around

Sounds like target practice to me.
Who?mikejones!
Every have Battalion size fights
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
BadMoonRisin
AG
Joe Biden is a disgrace. Congrats Concerned Moderates.
Who?mikejones!
So, how do the troops get out? If the taliban gets near the airport and we happen to have gotten the westerners out, who protects the troops exit?
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Who?mikejones!
I think we're going to have to push the taliban out of Kabul before this is over
tremble
AG
This is an absolute ****ing disaster. Pray for the warfighters on the ground at Hamid Karzai because there are a lot of good men in there about to be involved in a very tense situation.

How they are going to keep the civilians from trying to overrun **** is beyond me.
Seabreeze
Starting to look like no one. Our Dunkirk, with no navy
DannyDuberstein
AG
So many Kabul civilians about to be brutalized and killed.
Who?mikejones!
Gonna be like a Guadalcanal drop the Marines off and come back in a month.
JABQ04
AG
Man. You're going to have 5000 pissed off troops in Kabul. You need to feel sorry for the taliban. You ever been in combat with a pissed off 23 year old E4, who lives off nothing but smokes, Copenhagen and energy drinks? Not to mention these dudes WANT to get into a fight. That's why they joined the infantry.
FriscoKid
AG
I'm thinking they need air support right now. Bomb the hell out of them before they enter the city.
Who?mikejones!
Gonna need to go on the offensive
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
xiden and the woke military doesn't have the stones. Just like Hussein, they're likely going to leave them out to dry with the least amount of support. It's pathetic. Hope the military supporting dems and cms are paying attention to what they put in office.
Bubblez
FriscoKid said:

I'm thinking they need air support right now. Bomb the hell out of them before they enter the city.

I'm sure there is a military contractor or two that would agree with this in order to get another big order for bombs
Seabreeze
They are in certain parts of the city now
Carlo4
AG
Seabreeze said:

Read an AP article stating that their were Afghan army and 2 Warlords with thousands of troops defending the city.

The warlords left and can't be found. The Afghan leader then surrendered all weapons to the Taliban.
Irish 2.0
About to witness mass genocide that the media will ignore
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Yep
Who?mikejones!
Irish 2.0 said:

About to witness mass genocide that the media will ignore

Taliban has the cards. They can pretty simply walk through the streets. When we fight and civilians are killed, it will be blamed on us

Who?mikejones!
Bubblez
It's foolish to think we can resolve other country's civil conflicts.
Raiderjay
Why would we not carpet the roadways full of Taliban coming into Kabul until we get everyone out??? what the hell are we doing????
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
Who?mikejones!
zoneag
Bubblez said:

It's foolish to think we can resolve other country's civil conflicts.
It's not foolish to think that we are capable of withdrawing our troops and civilians in a safe manner. That is, until our government was hijacked by incompetent leftist marxists who are more worried about using our military to fight climate change and white rage.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.