It's about to get bad in Afghanistan.

67,763 Views | 619 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by will25u
Albatross Necklace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keep this thread focused on developments about Afghanistan

Flag all eric's attempts to derail the thread
Albatross Necklace
padreislandagfan
Keep in mind, this is the same Taliban that sheltered Bin Laden. They hate America. The Chinese will befriend them quickly and fund the radical Islamic attacks against America.
Eliminatus
AG
Albatross Necklace said:

Green on Blue attacks have been the most dangerous event to non trigger pullers for years now. What an absolute ****show this has become.

No matter where you lie on the politics spectrum, I hope everyone realizes that this is what failed politics looks like in third world countries. Bloodbaths. A lot of people are going to die in the next month and I am positive we won't even glimpse the tip of that iceberg here in the states.
richardag
Time to test more MOABs?

Check to see if they work best in steep mountain valleys or open flat land.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
denied
That was probably my biggest fear when I was in Afghanistan. Either a Taliban/HiG/Haqqani captured or green on blue attack utilizing a helicopter.
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
Good Poster
AG

We are saved
Gigem314
AG
Good Poster said:

We are saved
He looks asleep
Central Committee
AG
Biden no long has the mental capacity to handle an foreign policy situation, especially of this gravity. His backup, Heels-Up has zero experience. And we have a Biden-installed woke Pentagon.

This will not end well.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
Rockdoc
AG
Central Committee said:

Biden no long has the mental capacity to handle an foreign policy situation, especially of this gravity. His backup, Heels-Up has zero experience. And we have a Biden-installed woke Pentagon.

This will not end well.

Biden makes no decisions at all. Not sure who pulls his string.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Central Committee said:

This will not end well.

This is what it boils down to. Children are in charge. 2020 was littered with getting sides together and working toward a satisfactory exit that at least initially leaves the country in a reasonable state. Then in 2021 this clueless idiot admin just went with a plug-pull with no plan
YouBet
AG
Central Committee said:

This will not end well.
No, if we want any semblance of real foreign policy leadership next cycle the Democrats absolutely can't win. However, I have no faith any Republican challenger can win going forward. My only hope is that the Democrats continue down the path of isolating and sidelining Kamala to the point that they abort mission with her as the next candidate and put someone out there with at least a semblance of intelligence.

God help me but give me Hillary back before Kamala gets in there.
FriscoKid
AG
Rockdoc said:

Central Committee said:

This will not end well.

This is true. I wonder who is in charge.
Tanya 93
FriscoKid said:

Rockdoc said:

Central Committee said:

This will not end well.

Edith

I mean Jill
richardag
FriscoKid said:

Rockdoc said:

Central Committee said:

This will not end well.

Depends on what policy and payments to the Biden crime family

Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Good Poster
AG
Ernest Tucker
AG
Is there no fight in these people at all? I mean they know what they are getting under the Taliban, how do you not fight till the death when faced with something like this?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ernest Tucker said:

Is there no fight in these people at all? I mean they know what they are getting under the Taliban, how do you not fight till the death when faced with something like this?

It is a completely ****ed up place that we will never understand.
Love Gun
jteAg said:

Love Gun said:

jteAg said:

DallasAg 94 said:

JFK - Bay of Pigs

LBJ - Tet, Viet Nam

Carter - Iran Hostages, Oil Embargo

Clinton - Blackhawk Down

Obama/Hillary - Benghazi (among others), Arab Summer

Biden - Afghanistan., Hong Kong, among others.
You forgot the main one Sherlock...
Who got us involved in Afghanistan in the first place?

That was some dude named Bin Laden.
Then again, if you really wanted to get technical, that was Bill Clinton when he launched strikes against Taliban and Al Qaeda targets in Afghanistan after the embassy attacks in 1998.

Got anymore questions?
Oh, so Bin Laden ordered our troops to Afghanistan? Oh, OK.
Geez....

Since you're looking for an argument, I was ordered by three different presidents to six different ****holes around the world - many before the GWOT - during my service.

How about you?
i is smart
AG
Is there 4 provinces left that aren't under Taliban control? Seems like an additional province has fallen or is about to.
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
tremble
AG
Ernest Tucker said:

It sounds like the tribal elders are negotiating surrenders. The national government is so corrupt and inept that nobody is really interested in dying for it.
Ernest Tucker
AG
tremble said:

Ernest Tucker said:

It sounds like the tribal elders are negotiating surrenders. The national government is so corrupt and inept that nobody is really interested in dying for it.

Yeah, but what about just dying for yourself, your family and your neighbors?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Ernest Tucker said:

tremble said:

Ernest Tucker said:

Yeah, but what about just dying for yourself, your family and your neighbors?
They probably believe it's the will of allah
Burdizzo
AG
tremble said:

Ernest Tucker said:

I sure hope they are wearing masks and social distancing. That is what is important to this administration.
i is smart
AG
Likely too hopped up on poppy to even care.
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
cbr
AG
Ernest Tucker said:

A population of like minded people need to stand and fight for their way of life or be ruled. It's always been like this. The problem is having the chance to organize at all. We were given this opportunity due to the British being an ocean away. The Afghan people were given 20 years. At some point you have to stand on your own, even if is just to carve out a small defensible position and nation, doesn't have to be the full land mass you started off with.

Unfortunately, these people have not put themselves in a position to stand on their own and have consequently consented to being ruled by a brutal regime. You could see the writing on the wall. People who wanted to get out should have gotten out 5 years ago.
Lol, we were so much better off under british rule then than we are today its a ****ing joke.

We destroyed our government by ww1. Then they destroyed our culture by 2000. Now its the end game.

The stan never had a decent culture. Just typical mix of warlords and islam, they were never going to do anything but fracture, be crooked, and fail. But our leaderships' goal was accomplished.

This sad end is just a sideshow now.
Love Gun
Dad Jokes said:

Likely too hopped up on poppy to even care.

I didn't even think about that. I bet heroin makes a raging comeback, and more opiates pills will be abused more often.

Thanks, Joe
Texarkanaag69
AG
BlackLab said:

Another Benghazi unfolding?
Bingo! Hope some "non PC" expedient battlefield commander will commit to and execute an effective plan in time. Sounds like time is critical.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.