Cruz goes Nuclear

12,272 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Keller6Ag91
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
valvemonkey91 said:

Space-Tech said:

valvemonkey91 said:

Space-Tech said:

Sorry, I lost any shred of respect for Cruz after he decided to dip out to Cancun in February.

Get bent, dude. I watched libs get all twisted over this. What exactly could Cruz have done if he were here? The fault lies with ERCOT and "green energy" subsidies that do nothing more than line the pockets of politicians on the take. By the way, where are the democrats now? Why aren't they here demanding the end to ERCOT?
AOC did more for Texas than Cruz did, and she had zero obligation to do so. But you do make an excellent point, why isn't Cruz demanding the end of ERCOT and get on the national grid, that would of substantially increased Texas's ability to draw in extra power from outside the State to alleviate the blackouts and rolling brownouts.

Its also funny how a State dominated by Republicans is suspiciously subverted by Democrats anytime something goes wrong. It's almost like they're the go to scapegoat. But I'm sure that's just conjecture.

Quoted wrong person
Ellis Wyatt
Space-Tech said:

Sorry, I lost any shred of respect for Cruz after he decided to dip out to Cancun in February.
What was he dipping out from in DC?
Tanya 93
Space-Tech said:

valvemonkey91 said:

Space-Tech said:

Get bent, dude. I watched libs get all twisted over this. What exactly could Cruz have done if he were here? The fault lies with ERCOT and "green energy" subsidies that do nothing more than line the pockets of politicians on the take. By the way, where are the democrats now? Why aren't they here demanding the end to ERCOT?
AOC did more for Texas than Cruz did, and she had zero obligation to do so. But you do make an excellent point, why isn't Cruz demanding the end of ERCOT and get on the national grid, that would of substantially increased Texas's ability to draw in extra power from outside the State to alleviate the blackouts and rolling brownouts.

Its also funny how a State dominated by Republicans is suspiciously subverted by Democrats anytime something goes wrong. It's almost like they're the go to scapegoat. But I'm sure that's just conjecture.
No

She did good for AOC who may not have a district in a couple of years

She flew down, made a photo op, and left.

Where was her concern about the people becoming ill or dying from the extreme heat in the PNW?

They don't matter. They have Democrat governments and Senators.

It was pure and perfect social media gamesmanship.
Nothing more
agclassof08
AG
You do realize the national grids were having the same issue Texas had, right? All the way from the PNW to the Deep South to Appalachian region were without power.

But Texas makes a big red target for the simpletons.
Ex-liberalag12
I ran into him in Boulder at a restaurant during the primaries in CO years ago called The Rio in Boulder. I had an A&M sweatshirt on (as usual) and he basically called me over. Obviously I'm a lib (get **** for wearing Aggie gear out here in CO even though I'm a lib -LOL) and ACTUALLY, he is a pretty normal guy. He gets alot of flack but we had a really good conversation. Good guy, even if I disagree with his policies.
captkirk
AG
taxpreparer
AG
Space-Tech said:

How do you feel about the Democrat legislators taking a vacation in D.C. when they are supposed to be in Austin?
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
azul_rain
Space-Tech said:

do you feel the same about your pals fleeing to DC?
jac4
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Space-Tech said:

valvemonkey91 said:

Space-Tech said:

No

She did good for AOC who may not have a district in a couple of years

She flew down, made a photo op, and left.

Where was her concern about the people becoming ill or dying from the extreme heat in the PNW?

They don't matter. They have Democrat governments and Senators.

It was pure and perfect social media gamesmanship.
Nothing more

People like Space Tech eat that up because they are obligate partisans.
schmellba99
AG
hedge said:

Not everything needs to be a 15 second soundbite

Unfortunately in today's,world, it,really kina does need to be a 15-30 second soundbite.
schmellba99
AG
Space-Tech said:

You cant lose what you never had.

I suppose you have lost all respect,for your overlord Pelosi for not living in the same squalor as most of those in her district as well? Or is your outrage only aimed at those not o your side?
Rongagin71
AG
schmellba99 said:

hedge said:

Not everything needs to be a 15 second soundbite

Unfortunately in today's,world, it,really kina does need to be a 15-30 second soundbite.
You are right, but I'd like to note that Fla Gov Desantis has been very good at speaking on a variety of topics in a way that goes beyond "the soundbite". He actually is well informed and well spoken.

SlimM
AG
How come Lyin' Ted can commit fraud to illegally win elections and everyone loves him, but when Biden tries it, it's wrong?
Cassius
That was pure honesty and a logical beatdown. Unfortunately, libs don't do logic or honesty.

"That makes no sense!"

None of it does, Ted. The children are in charge.
Science Denier
AG
LOL, no wonder he can't win anyone over. What "concerned moderate" would listen to all of that? Hell, I turned it off about 5 min in.

Trump could get his point across so the masses would listen to it.
azul_rain
You're the definition of uninformed voter
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
sanangelo
AG
lataqueria said:

He ran a lousy campaign. He was very assertive when he first won the seat. That's how he took out the establishment candidate (Dewhurst).

I'm not sure what happened in the re-election campaign.
Cruz lost support in the Energy Corridor (Katy Freeway, west Houston) to Beto, among other suburban areas near the metros. He was slow to realize he was in trouble. A week-long bus tour from Amarillo to Lubbock to Midland/Odessa and San Angelo/Abilene right before the election energized turnout enough to overcome the lost votes in the newly called "purple" rings around deep blue urban areas.

Lots of questions about ballot integrity, especially in Tarrant County, that flipped blue in November 2018.

Beto was a test case for the November 2020 steal, IMO. But I'm too busy to find specific concerns. I just smell something. I have a good nose.
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Space-Tech said:

What would you have wanted from him? A grandstanding press-conference like SJL and AOC? Walking around shaking hands and kissing babies while getting in the way of people doing their jobs? It was an internal state issue to deal with and tackle. Dumb decision, optics-wise? Sure. But if your wife is adamant about going to Cancun, you'll go; happy wife, happy life.
cecil77
AG
Fox, at the time, published some research indicating that it was actually Texas "immigrants" (those moving in from other states) that pushed Cruz over the top. Texas natives didn't.
azul_rain
Please show me these polls
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
cecil77
AG
They weren't polls, it was post election research that Fox published, I don't know who conducted the research. It was in an article discussing the purpling of Texas by blue immigrants.
sanangelo
AG
" Exhibit A in the argument that Texas is turning blue is U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz' 2.6 percent reelection win in 2018 over former Congressman Beto O'Rourke. This win followed on President Trump's 9-point victory over Hillary Clinton in 2016, down from the almost 16-point margin Mitt Romney received over President Obama in 2012. Pundits draw a straight line from 16 percent to 9 percent to 2.6 percent and claim Texas' days as a red state are over because immigrants, both domestic and international, are pushing the state to the left."

https://www.texaspolicy.com/will-texas-flip-because-of-blue-state-migrants-dont-bet-on-it/
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
C@LAg
did he go

New clee ir

or

noo coo ler
Little Rock Ag
AG
Excellent speech. But, when will Ted Cruz, along with others elected to represent us and who have sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution start taking real action against tyrants like Pelosi? The best I can tell, he and all other conservatives talk a great game, but they won't risk their cushy positions by actually using force to tear down tyranny. I want to see someone slap Pelosi's face, or find a way to have her arrested. Just do something, Ted. We need you to take action.
Petrino1
I like Ted Cruz a lot. I think he is probably the smartest politician in Washington DC. However, his speaking style makes him sound like a typical Southern Baptist Preacher!
Burnsey
AG
SlimM said:

How come Lyin' Ted can commit fraud to illegally win elections and everyone loves him, but when Biden tries it, it's wrong?

Nobody knows wtf you're saying. I mean nobody.
SlimM
AG
Burnsey said:

SlimM said:

President Trump accused both Cruz and Biden of election fraud and called them both liars. Didn't think it was that complicated!
Teslag
AG
Space-Tech said:

Ya we totally believe you respected and supporter Cruz up until then.
jac4
AG
SlimM said:

Burnsey said:

SlimM said:

President Trump accused both Cruz and Biden of election fraud and called them both liars. Didn't think it was that complicated!
Must have been a lot funnier when you said it in your head.

Keep trying though!
SlimM
AG
jac4 said:

SlimM said:

Burnsey said:

SlimM said:

Must have been a lot funnier when you said it in your head.

Keep trying though!
Wasn't meant to be funny.
zephyr88
AG
AGHouston11 said:

My only issue is it took him 19 minutes to do that. Trump could have summed up Nancy in 30 seconds.
Trump is "business smart" get sh%t done, move onto the next thing.

Cruz is "political smart" bring up the point, then whack them over and over with facts and logic, taking critical aim at the absurdity of the left and how BSC they are as a party.
zephyr88
AG
Space-Tech said:

What was he supposed to do in Texas? Throw another log on the fire? Run on the treadmill to magically create electricity for the grid?
Keller6Ag91
AG
hedge said:

I couldn't be happier with this man
Been teaching my 4 daughter's this very fact: Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Dem Party embodies this entirety of thought, under the premise of "we're taking care of you". The nanny state is bent on absolute power, as the Communist countries of before.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.