Lockdowns for blue states coming in a few weeks?

8,548 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag$08
Tex117
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Proper Twelve said:

Ag-Yoakum95 said:

Proper Twelve said:

Yep it's all coming back. To red states too. You thought this was over. It'll never end. I think a lot of people have not internalized that yet and are still living in denial
Name a red state that will be doing this.

All of them this fall
How bad do you want this? Scale of 1 to 10?
Slyfox07
AG
TomFoolery said:

Still blows my mind they try to sell that this is absolutely necessary but that we can wait weeks to enact....
They have to time it right so that when cases peak and drop naturally, they can thump their chest and claim that they stopped the spread with their lockdowns.

It's critical to their future lockdown narrative.
Rapier108
Was going to post this earlier and go called away for something. I can tell you that FedEx is expecting lock downs. May just be them preparing for all possibilities, but they seem to be leaning to its coming.

Talked with my FedEx rep this morning and she said they're already preparing for the same thing we saw in March and April of last year. They do not expect it everywhere, but most likely in states which did hard lockdowns previously. They are also expecting some businesses to go into voluntary lockdown and either send almost everyone home, or close up completely for 2-4 weeks.

I would assume FedEx probably has some good connections with local, state, and federal officials.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
RAB91
This guy should be posted in every one of these threads.
They should interview him again....

Tex117
AG
RAB91 said:

This guy should be posted in every one of these threads.
They should interview him again....

Brostradamus!
YouBet
AG
Wife's company has gone back to masks required for everyone regardless of vax. They are now monitoring to determine if they send everyone back home or not.

She is now not the only one masked at work, so I guess she is now a conformist again. Lol.
beerad12man
AG
We were about to decline. All the idiots are going to eat it up that masks did it!
Slyfox07
AG
beerad12man said:

We were about to decline. All the idiots are going to eat it up that masks did it!
They'll impose the lockdowns just before the (predictable) decline.

Biden will claim victory.
annie88
AG
Proper Twelve said:

Yep it's all coming back. To red states too. You thought this was over. It'll never end. I think a lot of people have not internalized that yet and are still living in denial

I don't know about the red states but I think you're right on one level. The Democrats are just gonna pull this out every time an election is coming or they want to control the people. We know they cheat in the elections so basically their plan is just to never relinquish power.

This most likely got stirred back up because of the audit results.

But it is astonishing that people are willing to give up their personal freedoms and basically do these ridiculous things that do no good, change nothing are not based in reality or science and be OK with that for just months and years on end. It's staggering that anyone would want to live their lives like this.

They are right, power corrupts.

Hopefully some of them will die off pretty soon like Pelosi and some of the others but we will see what happens.
annie88
AG
slyfox07 said:

beerad12man said:

That's exactly what the reply guy was saying. They're going to make it look like this helped and did some thing and all the idiot gullible sheep are going to believe that it actually made a difference.
annie88
AG
Proper Twelve said:

Ag-Yoakum95 said:

Proper Twelve said:

All of them this fall

I don't agree with this, but the way things are today who really knows.
MemphisAg1
AG
YouBet said:

Wife's company has gone back to masks required for everyone regardless of vax. They are now monitoring to determine if they send everyone back home or not.

She is now not the only one masked at work, so I guess she is now a conformist again. Lol.
Yep, my Atlanta employer just announced today that masks will be required in the office Monday regardless of vax status. The culture is definitely not leftist, but they are bending to the public pressure.
titan
S
annie88 said:

Proper Twelve said:

Ag-Yoakum95 said:

Proper Twelve said:

All of them this fall

Hopefully this time it meets with the Right equivalent of what the Left did in summer of 2020 over a made-up issue; this will be over a real one.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
annie88
AG
titan said:

annie88 said:

Proper Twelve said:

Ag-Yoakum95 said:

Proper Twelve said:

All of them this fall

Hopefully this time it meets with the Right equivalent of what the Left did in summer of 2020 over a made-up issue; this will be over a real one.

Let's hope so titan. Everyone is tired of this bull**** except for the evil Democrats.

Funny thing is, I do see an small uptick in some masks lately but it's still pretty free down here in Bryan College Station. If I didn't get on TexAgs I wouldn't even know about half of the stuff.
Ayto Siks
My neighbor just listed his house for sale (in Florida). I've seen at least 10 prospective buyers come by in the last 48 hours. All from blue states.
annie88
AG
Pinche Guero said:

They're not idiots, they know exactly what they're doing. They're treating American citizens as idiots though.

Many of them are evil, though some of them really are this stupid. They truly buy this wholeheartedly. They literally believe they're going to die without a dirty piece of cloth on their face and that cases matter. Yes they're that stupid.
annie88
AG
Ayto Siks said:

My neighbor just listed his house for sale (in Florida). I've seen at least 10 prospective buyers come by in the last 48 hours. All from blue states.

Well hopefully you're getting some of the actual right leaning people that have just had enough in the blue states. They do exist.
beerad12man
AG
annie88 said:

slyfox07 said:

beerad12man said:

That's exactly what the reply guy was saying. They're going to make it look like this helped and did some thing and all the idiot gullible sheep are going to believe that it actually made a difference.
At the end of the day, I just want it over as much as possible. So obviously a decline, regardless of how it happens, is what we all want. but......

Of course, the issue is that this sets future precedent for any viral illness. They can claim a bad flu season is coming up, please mask up, and blue states will comply, and 95% of the population will do so in these areas firmly believing it will help again.
beerad12man
AG
I really just want red states to decline soon(Should happen), so we can prove the mandates are not the reason.
Slyfox07
AG
beerad12man said:

annie88 said:

slyfox07 said:

beerad12man said:

At the end of the day, I just want it over as much as possible. So obviously a decline, regardless of how it happens, is what we all want. but......

Of course, the issue is that this sets future precedent for any viral illness. They can claim a bad flu season is coming up, please mask up, and blue states will comply, and 75% of the population will do so in these areas.
That's what this is all about.

The virus "waves" provide repetitions to condition the population to being locked down.

it's like pavlov's dogs.

Blow the whistle enough times, and people start complying without even realizing it.

Who remembers "two weeks to flatten the curve?".

Back then that was all they could get away with.

18 months later look where we are.
FriscoKid
AG
Quote:

titan
S
slyfox07 said:

beerad12man said:

annie88 said:

slyfox07 said:

beerad12man said:

Of course, the issue is that this sets future precedent for any viral illness. They can claim a bad flu season is coming up, please mask up, and blue states will comply, and 75% of the population will do so in these areas.
That's what this is all about.

The virus "waves" provide repetitions to condition the population to being locked down.

it's like pavlov's dogs.

Blow the whistle enough times, and people start complying without even realizing it.

18 months later look where we are.
Unfortunately true. Its one of the best arguments for balkanization and divorce.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
beerad12man said:

I really just want red states to decline soon(Should happen), so we can prove the mandates are not the reason.
If they are waiting until 2nd week of August to lock down, they are waiting too late. SCIENCE!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Be back in a bit, going to the HEBs to decimate the toilet paper aisle, sanitizer, bleach, and milk.
Rapier108
Wal-Mart just reimposed their mask mandates on all employees.

I'd bet it will be back for customers within a week.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
RAB91
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Be back in a bit, going to the HEBs to decimate the toilet paper aisle, sanitizer, bleach, and milk.
We laugh.... but it wouldn't surprise me if we get a run on this stuff again.
annie88
AG
beerad12man said:

They won't care. They didn't care when Texas continued to decline after the mask dates were lifted in March when Beto and our own idiot Houseplant said we were all going to die and we were Neanderthals.

None of this is about actual science or the truth. You cannot reason with people who are doing this simply for power and control and not based on anything in reality.

It's very clear that they plan to just trot this out every year or so when an election is coming up or something else comes up they want to distract the idiot American people from.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Delta variant is so contagious and deadly we must shut down the country....ya know, in a couple of weeks or somethin'. Whenever we get around to it.
Little Rock Ag
AG
I live in a Red State with a very purple governor. I'm sure he will gladly shut everything down again.
titan
S

Like Wyoming's challenge with their Hill member, if your state is red they need to make clear that is a ticket to a new job in a lesser post and any re-election campaign is over before begun.
Proper Twelve
annie88 said:

Proper Twelve said:

Ag-Yoakum95 said:

Proper Twelve said:

All of them this fall

It's not a prediction. When you realize everything happening is part of a script towards an end goal it's very easy to see what's coming next
oldcrow91
AG
The vaccines reduce the complications.

No more lockdowns, let this thing run it's course and get on with living.

(It's all about political power)
titan
S

Agreed. Lockdowns now actually rate the same kind of response Floyd and the perception of police mis-conduct got. And just as frisky.
Anti-taxxer
AG
FriscoKid said:

They deserve it. They voted for this stuff.

81 million of em!!
Cromagnum
AG
I'm not following one ******* mandate this time around. I took the stupid vaccine so I couldn't get branded by employer, but I'm not wearing a mask, I'm not staying at home, I'm not getting a booster, or any of that *****
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.