The Orange Mane is Suspending Operations (Shut Down Over COVID Disputes)

5,385 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TheEternalPessimist
ElKabong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had never heard of this forum before but if this is true it very disturbing.

Welcome to the Orange Mane - Created in 2001, we are the oldest, most established Denver Broncos discussion community on the Internet.

The Orange Mane is Suspending Operations
07-25-2021, 06:30 PM

Hello All -

It's with great regret that I inform this community that this site will be closing within 48 hours. I have been threatened with "Consumer Action in Superior Court" due to allowing people to freely debate COVID-19 in the WRP forum. Clearly, this site cannot operate the way it has for the last 20 years in the era of COVID-19. I'm not going to get into the details here, but I'm just a guy with a hobby horse site, and I can't afford to put my family at further risk because COVID Nazis want to force people to take their experimental treatments.

I'll give everybody a chance to collect their things and say their goodbyes. This is not how I wanted it to end. I never imagined we'd get to this place in society, but I cant afford the risk any longer.

I am targeting Wednesday morning at 12am PST to pull the plug.

Best luck to you all.

TJ

"I expect to take abuse on this, but I can't afford the risk, regardless of where anyone falls on this issue. I don't really have a choice here. The person making the threat has made it clear that they expect me to run this site like Facebook and Twitter. That's not going to happen. We don't have that type of resource, and I don't have it in me to do that. That's not what this site has ever been about. This site has operated for 20 years as a wild west bastion of free speech. "
Ags4DaWin
Yep...its the conservatives that are fascists.
AgBQ-00
AG
makes my blood boil
bmc13
AG

CactusThomas
AG
Orange Mane bad.
Rapier108
So one CoronaNazi threatens to sue and he turns tail and runs.

I'd be finding a lawyer who would love a case like this. Most likely the CoronaNazi never shows up.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Premium
AG
Or maybe he could just sell or give the site to someone who doesn't care about the risk -
Clown_World

MouthBQ98
AG
Don't describe the Marxists as Facists. They WANT you to keep using only "Facist" as a dirty word while keeping Marxist relatively clean, even when both represent ruthless dehumanizing totalitarianism, just from different angles. Feel free to rip on Marxists descriptively if you see the need, but be precise in relating their insidious ideology with their behaviors and acts, and don't let them sidestep the blame by association with a more easily demonizable substitute group.
jagvocate
AG
Marxists have killed more than Fascits ever thought about
Gigemags382
AG
This is an absolutely scary response on that thread:

Quote:

Telling websites they can't spread disinformation about vaccines during a pandemic is not "censorship." It's a moral and ethical imperative: A public good. You believed in Trump and the Big Lie. You believed in QAnon. Given your comments, you now believe in the anti-vaxxer conspiracy matrix. The Constitution protects free speech from incursion by the "government", not by the free market or requirements of public welfare. An internet service provider who allows false information to be spread via their site is responsible for that false info, its repercussions, and the moral responsibility if that false information kills somebody.
_mpaul
AG
The dude needs to fight back. Until we fight back, this will continue.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
Rapier108
Gigemags382 said:

Quote:

Telling websites they can't spread disinformation about vaccines during a pandemic is not "censorship." It's a moral and ethical imperative: A public good. You believed in Trump and the Big Lie. You believed in QAnon. Given your comments, you now believe in the anti-vaxxer conspiracy matrix. The Constitution protects free speech from incursion by the "government", not by the free market or requirements of public welfare. An internet service provider who allows false information to be spread via their site is responsible for that false info, its repercussions, and the moral responsibility if that false information kills somebody.

Probably from the CoronaNazi making the threats.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
YouBet
AG
If he's in CO, the site owner would probably lose the case.
CardiffGiant
AG
RIP F16
pdc093
Jesus.
richardag
The "morally" superior(in their minds) will not tolerate opposing thoughts or even discussion.

The 1st Amendment is under assault and it sure as hell isn't conservatives doing the attacks, it's the supposed "liberals" who are really totalitarian.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
MouthBQ98
AG
Oh the vast hypocritical irony. The progressive left has blood all over their hands regarding this pandemic and crass political exploitation of it.
Rapier108
CardiffGiant said:

RIP F16
Stick to Premium.
_mpaul
AG
Gigemags382 said:

Quote:

And it's also not true.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
hgc159
I originally read the title of the thread as "The Orange Man is Suspending Operations".

Was like WTH!
"Life's tough. Get a helmet, man." -Candace Owens
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Gigemags382 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.
damiond
hgc159 said:

I originally read the title of the thread as "The Orange Man is Suspending Operations".

Was like WTH!
I first though The Orange Mane was a catchy name for a Donald fan site and then read that it was a Broncos fan site.
oh no
AG
rocky the dog said:

"Liberal" is supposed to be open-mindedness. Liberals' #1 issue is supposed to be free speech. The new authoritarian left that has seized power and is reaching for absolute power is not "liberal". They are Marxist. They hate America and most Americans and they intend to destroy everything it once was and represented.
Rapier108
Without going to the site, I do wonder what was being discussed?

Was it simply discussion of whether or not to take the vaccines, give them to kids, possible, risks, etc.?

Or, was it the whack-a-doodle conspiracy theories out there such as:

Anywhere from 50K-100K Americans have died in the US from the vaccines, with everyone else who got it to die within 3 years from heart failure or Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease.

Anywhere from 20,000 to 2 million have died or are crippled in the EU due to the vaccines.

All coordinated with Bill Gates, the CCP, Soros, and the (insert favorite group/groups like the trilateral commission, Davos, Bilderberg Group, etc.) to reduce the population to 5-50 million (depending on the conspiracy) who they will then rule over the rest as slaves.

Women who take the vaccine are being sterilized.

The vaccines aren't actually vaccines, they're 99.9% graphene oxide. Some go further and claim that graphene oxide is actually the cause of the illness, not the China virus. It is being released around the world in order to hasten the population reduction plan.

This is just some of the far out there stuff being pushed, often by QAnon followers. Very rarely is this kind of stuff brought up here, and usually, it is to mock it, not promote it.
96AgGrad
AG
rocky the dog said:

The complete list is a lot longer.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Gigemags382 said:

Quote:

I would think that the internet would be kind of like a toll road. If some nutbag went on a road rage ramming spree on the toll road, it would not be the toll operator's fault. It would be the fault of the person committing the crime. They paid their fee and got on the road on their own free accord.
oh no
AG
Rapier108 said:

Without going to the site, I do wonder what was being discussed?

Was it simply discussion of whether or not to take the vaccines, give them to kids, possible, risks, etc.?

Or, was it the whack-a-doodle conspiracy theories out there such as:

Anywhere from 50K-100K Americans have died in the US from the vaccines, with everyone else who got it to die within 3 years from heart failure or Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease.

Anywhere from 20,000 to 2 million have died or are crippled in the EU due to the vaccines.

All coordinated with Bill Gates, the CCP, Soros, and the (insert favorite group/groups like the trilateral commission, Davos, Bilderberg Group, etc.) to reduce the population to 5-50 million (depending on the conspiracy) who they will then rule over the rest as slaves.

Women who take the vaccine are being sterilized.

The vaccines aren't actually vaccines, they're 99.9% graphene oxide. Some go further and claim that graphene oxide is actually the cause of the illness, not the China virus. It is being released around the world in order to hasten the population reduction plan.

This is just some of the far out there stuff being pushed, often by QAnon followers. Very rarely is this kind of stuff brought up here, and usually, it is to mock it, not promote it.
Who cares what was being discussed? It's a message board / discussion forum. Why should some 3rd party get to choose how the owner of that site wants to moderate / censor or not moderate / censor? Are some users discussing a conspiracy theory on a Denver Broncos fan forum really going to impact the government's vax rate goals? Is discussing the vaccine on a forum going to kill grandma if grandma already got vaxxed? Couldn't shutting down sites and censoring discussion about the vaccine cause MORE vaccine hesitancy instead of vaccine confidence? Big pharma, the government that is on the hook for big pharma, the virtuous brainwashed masses who watch MSM and won't ask any questions or demand any answers are vilifying anyone who wants to discuss this thing and it's scarier than the virus to some people. They have a right to choose what scares them more. Further, if we're censoring the internet across all sites now, why is it only political? The internet is chock-full of disgusting and dangerous smut and illegal activity - that no one is shutting down. Twitter itself is full of disgusting hurtful B.S. yet they censored all discussion on therapeutic drugs that have since been proven to be very effective vs Covid. 1984 Thought Police is here and acting like it's totally cool because it's "for public health" is not cool at all. It's scary.
Rapier108
I didn't say it should be banned/prohibited.

Just wondering what triggered the CoronaNazi.
YouBet
AG
Gigemags382 said:

Quote:

If the left is going to take that angle, then the first two places that need to be shut down are Facebook and Twitter which probably account for 95% of the false information perpetuated online.
Shoefly!
AG
Premium said:

Or maybe he could just sell or give the site to someone who doesn't care about the risk -

Wasn't Trump looking to open one up?
Ernest Tucker
AG
ElKabong said:

I had never heard of this forum before but if this is true it very disturbing.

Welcome to the Orange Mane - Created in 2001, we are the oldest, most established Denver Broncos discussion community on the Internet.

The Orange Mane is Suspending Operations
07-25-2021, 06:30 PM

Hello All -

It's with great regret that I inform this community that this site will be closing within 48 hours. I have been threatened with "Consumer Action in Superior Court" due to allowing people to freely debate COVID-19 in the WRP forum. Clearly, this site cannot operate the way it has for the last 20 years in the era of COVID-19. I'm not going to get into the details here, but I'm just a guy with a hobby horse site, and I can't afford to put my family at further risk because COVID Nazis want to force people to take their experimental treatments.

I'll give everybody a chance to collect their things and say their goodbyes. This is not how I wanted it to end. I never imagined we'd get to this place in society, but I cant afford the risk any longer.

I am targeting Wednesday morning at 12am PST to pull the plug.

Best luck to you all.

TJ

"I expect to take abuse on this, but I can't afford the risk, regardless of where anyone falls on this issue. I don't really have a choice here. The person making the threat has made it clear that they expect me to run this site like Facebook and Twitter. That's not going to happen. We don't have that type of resource, and I don't have it in me to do that. That's not what this site has ever been about. This site has operated for 20 years as a wild west bastion of free speech. "

This is Atlas Shrugged to T. The looters do their thing and the producers disappear
TexAgs91
AG
It's the liberals who are fascists.
"Freedom is never more than one election away from extinction"
Fight! Fight! Fight!
HTownAg98
Gigemags382 said:

Quote:

This is exactly why Section 230 exists; to shield interactive computer services from liability for some nonsense posted by a user. And the bolded part couldn't be more wronger than wrong.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.