USWNT suffer humbling Tokyo Olympics defeat to Sweden

31,441 Views | 415 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ciboag96
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lib trolls up early this morning.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggielostinETX
AG
Sad take

What about:

I DON'T CARE!
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Ags77
AG
DallasGrad18 said:

Ags77 said:

Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

USWNT advances to the semifinals on PKs. The Dutch are no joke.

We had 4 goals called back for penalties, but we came back strong in the PK's !!!

We play Canada in the semifinals

Nobody cares. Why is this thread even on the politics board?

When the women lost to Sweden, we had 7 pages, lol.
oldcrow91
AG
I'd allow it on politics board. I would have enjoyed the kneelers getting beaten but don't care enough to actually pay for the subscription to watch it. You really have to want to watch it if you are all streaming instead of just flipping through channels as in past years.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
oldcrow91 said:

I'd allow it on politics board. I would have enjoyed the kneelers getting beaten but don't care enough to actually pay for the subscription to watch it. You really have to want to watch it if you are all streaming instead of just flipping through channels as in past years.

Huh?
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Sully Dog
Haven't you figured the scam out yet? No one cares about women's soccer so they say obviously stupid **** to piss off the conservatives. Liberals, in turn, force themselves to watch them so they can spite conservatives and virtue signal. Prior to this they hadn't watched a soccer game since their dad's were handing out orange slices.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
The Collective
AG
I will freely admit that the politics of team USA has nothing to do with me not watching women's soccer.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Sully Dog said:

Haven't you figured the scam out yet? No one cares about women's soccer so they say obviously stupid **** to piss off the conservatives. Liberals, in turn, force themselves to watch them so they can spite conservatives and virtue signal. Prior to this they hadn't watched a soccer game since their dad's were handing out orange slices.

Yeah, that's the only reason why. There couldn't possibly be another explanation for this, or anything, except politics. What a world you must live in to believe that crap.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Cassius
Suicide watch for Ags77 please.
Ags77
AG
I figured out something, too.

When our athletes do well, its nobody cares. I dont watch it etc... But when our athletes lose, oh my. People rush here to bury them. A lot of "im glad they lost " or " i hope they lose every game".

Either you care or you dont. I watch the Olympics and root for the USA, unapologetically. So dont call me a troll.
Onceaggie2.0
**** that dude Rapione.
Kvetch
AG
I stand corrected. One person cares about women's soccer. Might as well draft up the legislation making it America's new pastime.
StandUpforAmerica
Ags77 said:

When our athletes do well, its nobody cares. I dont watch it etc... But when our athletes lose, oh my. People rush here to bury them. A lot of "im glad they lost " or " i hope they lose every game".

Either you care or you dont. I watch the Olympics and root for the USA, unapologetically. So dont call me a troll.
I'm not sure what's so hard to understand. We root against people who aren't proud of this country.
deddog
AG
Ags77 said:

Good for you.
The us women's soccer team does not root for the USA unapologetically. They are scum.

The swimmers on the other hand....
Cassius
deddog said:

Ags77 said:

Good for you.
The us women's soccer team does not root for the USA unapologetically. They are scum.

I did watch some of the men's water polo while at a restaurant last night. Are they Marxists too, like the soccer team?
Kvetch
AG
Ags77 said:

I bet if they warmed up with MAGA hats you wouldn't support them. I know you'll say you would, but we all know that's a lie.

Also, it is possible that we don't care when they win AND think it's funny when they lose. Those are not mutually exclusive emotions. It doesn't take any amount of caring to see a box score and laugh. It's not like we run out to buy jerseys of the other team and watch all 90 minutes of middle school level action.

You can stop with the "USA USA" schtick. Your politics show that to be a crock of *****
StandUpforAmerica
Cassius
DallasGrad18 said:

Ags77 said:

I bet if they warmed up with MAGA hats you wouldn't support them. I know you'll say you would, but we all know that's a lie.

Also, it is possible that we don't care when they win AND think it's funny when they lose. Those are not mutually exclusive emotions. It doesn't take any amount of caring to see a box score and laugh. It's not like we run out to buy jerseys of the other team and watch all 90 minutes of middle school level action.

You can stop with the "USA USA" schtick. Your politics show that to be a crock of *****

"USSR USSR" is more his speed.
Ags77
AG
deddog said:

Ags77 said:

Good for you.

No problem. Good for you rooting against the soccer team. Im rooting for them and all our athletes.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
DallasGrad18 said:

Ags77 said:

I don't need their politics to align with mine, so it doesn't matter what hat they wear. It's pretty easy.
Ags77
AG
Cassius
Ags77 said:

Cassius said:

DallasGrad18 said:

Ags77 said:

Why because i voted against trump and we fired him ? Get over your temper tantrum and vote for him in 2024, if he is on the ballot.

No temper tantrum here. This has nothing to do with Trump. I will oppose you and your fellow Marxists until I take my last breath.
Kvetch
AG
What if they disrespect America and the flag? That should really confound you since you're apparently the most blindly patriotic person alive.

Ags77
AG
Cassius said:

Ags77 said:

Cassius said:

DallasGrad18 said:

Ags77 said:

Why because i voted against trump and we fired him ? Get over your temper tantrum and vote for him in 2024, if he is on the ballot.

No temper tantrum here. This has nothing to do with Trump. I will oppose you and your fellow Marxists until I take my last breath.

Marxists, lol. You are so clueless
Kvetch
AG
Ags77 said:

Cassius said:

Ags77 said:

Cassius said:

DallasGrad18 said:

Ags77 said:

Well you voted for Biden, whose administration peddles CRT which is an overtly Marxist philosophy. Soooooo
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
DallasGrad18 said:

What if they disrespect America and the flag? That should really confound you since you're apparently the most blindly patriotic person alive.

Give me an example of what you would consider disrespectful of America or the flag? Is it the entire team?
Kvetch
AG

DallasGrad18 said:

Give me an example of what you would consider disrespectful of America or the flag?

Taking a knee during the anthem, turning away from it on the podium, generally any action that draws attention away from the flag and towards yourself. You know, the things the women's soccer team has been doing for years.

If you really supported the country, you wouldn't blindly support the people who believe it is a systemically racist place that needs its institutions torn down and replaced with woke ones. The fact that you need this explained to you says a lot.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
DallasGrad18 said:

DallasGrad18 said:

Give me an example of what you would consider disrespectful of America or the flag?

Taking a knee during the anthem, turning away from it on the podium, generally any action that draws attention away from the flag and towards yourself. You know, the things the women's soccer team has been doing for years.

If you really supported the country, you wouldn't blindly support the people who believe it is a systemically racist place that needs its institutions torn down and replaced with woke ones. The fact that you need this explained to you says a lot.

I have no problem with them kneeling during the anthem. It's has absolutely no impact on me. I find that one can protest against the country and still be a patriot to the country.

And those players are more than protestors. You try and define them by one action and I don't. It's cool though, I can still vote against the policies they push and watch them play soccer.
Ags77
AG
DallasGrad18 said:

Ags77 said:

Cassius said:

Ags77 said:

Cassius said:

DallasGrad18 said:

Ags77 said:

Well you voted for Biden, whose administration peddles CRT which is an overtly Marxist philosophy. Soooooo

Well i dont peddle that crap, so get your facts straight before you throw out terms like Marxists
Sully Dog

Sully Dog said:

Yeah, that's the only reason why. There couldn't possibly be another explanation for this, or anything, except politics. What a world you must live in to believe that crap.
Well, it's obviously not because you enjoy watching high quality sports.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I enjoy watching soccer. What can I say? It's an awesome game and the only other sport I watch except for college football.
Kvetch
AG
Ags77 said:

DallasGrad18 said:

Ags77 said:

Cassius said:

Ags77 said:

Cassius said:

DallasGrad18 said:

Ags77 said:

Well i dont peddle that crap, so get your facts straight before you throw out terms like Marxists

Well the people you vote for do, so you are helping advance the cause.

You don't get to only claim the things that you agree with when you vote for someone. If they're 99% garbage, you don't get to say you only voted for the 1%. CRT is a central tenet of the Democrat party, not some fringe looney idea that you didn't know you were voting for.

But hey, orange man bad. Am I right?
Malibu

DallasGrad18 said:

DallasGrad18 said:

I have no problem with them kneeling during the anthem. It's has absolutely no impact on me. I find that one can protest against the country and still be a patriot to the country.

And those players are more than protestors. You try and define them by one action and I don't. It's cool though, I can still vote against the policies they push and watch them play soccer.

It's enjoyable to watch the superpatriots that love America so much they root against it at the Olympics.
Kvetch
AG

DallasGrad18 said:

DallasGrad18 said:

Whatever you say. The cognitive dissonance is strong in you. Guess that's just par for the course, though.

I define them by their choices, not their superficial athletic abilities.
Kvetch
AG
Malibu2 said:

DallasGrad18 said:

DallasGrad18 said:

It's enjoyable to watch the superpatriots that love America so much they root against it at the Olympics.

You're right. It does take a patriot to stand up against those supposedly representing our country in front of the world because they peddle ideas that are contrary to American values. What's really funny is watching the people that regularly rail against the country and it's institutions pretend like they're patriots because they cheer for a swimmer or a soccer team.

Give me a break with that shallow trash logic.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.