Upload vax card to employer for extra vacation day

2,597 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by hbtheduce
Cramp00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just heard of this. Great idea!
lukesturr
AG
No
hunterntexas
AG
Make your yearly quota in June like I did. I can "work from home" whenever I wish.
BMX Bandit
Free advice:

Take a personal day and find a new place to work.
Cassius
Great, I'll upload a blank one. extra vacation!
astros4545
AG
Username of OP checks out
MouthBQ98
AG
I did it. In trade, I get to work with no stupid social distancing rules, and they gave us permanent flex status so 3 (or more) days working from home a week is now normal. Saves me 2 hours, $8 in tolls, and $10 in gas every day. I really don't care if people take it or not, but it hasn't bothered me.
BMX Bandit
MouthBQ98 said:

I did it. In trade, I get to work with no stupid social distancing rules, and they gave us permanent flex status so 3 (or more) days working from home a week is now normal. Saves me 2 hours, $8 in tolls, and $10 in gas every day.

So if you aren't vaccinated, you don't get to work from home?
The_Fox
I'm the boss.
CowboyGirl
AG
I'm not giving my office a copy of my vax card to keep in their files. They've trusted me or my doctor every single other time there has been a nexus between work and my health care (e.g., going on sort term disability after surgery), there is no good reason why we shouldn't be able to give them a note from a doctor to confirm vaccination status. I'm not going to start giving my employer an actual piece of my medical record now.
Cassius
BMX Bandit said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I did it. In trade, I get to work with no stupid social distancing rules, and they gave us permanent flex status so 3 (or more) days working from home a week is now normal. Saves me 2 hours, $8 in tolls, and $10 in gas every day.

So if you aren't vaccinated, you don't get to work from home?
Sid Farkas
AG
kinda on the fence here myself. positively incentivizing people with gifts is much better than the punishment paradigm the Left is wanting everyone to adopt...

however cowboygirl does make a good counterpoint regarding privacy
MouthBQ98
AG
They are letting everyone do that but if you go anywhere where you can't social distance on company business you have to log into the contact tracing app and follow the social distancing protocols. In the case of staying home, I think the company realized it is working and that enough employees were following the guidelines that any liability issues regarding contact tracing and employee/contractor/customer interactions were minimal. Yeah, you don't individually have to get the vaccine to get the flex time specifically but they stop tracking you so much on work time and requiring masks, etc. it's more of a group trade: enough employees got vaccinated that the company feels they don't need to keep us under thumb, or at least display to the public that is what they are doing.

Not that there was any real enforcement but you never know when one of your fellow employees might be paranoid about CoVID and complain.

Fwiw, my vaccine motivations were simply from comparing the side effects of the vaccine this far to the side effects of actual CoVID for someone my age. No way in hell I wanted to lose my sense of taste for weeks.
Enviroag02
AG
It's only a great idea in that they haven't gone full blown commy and threatened jobs. That will come though...here is the progression of the vaccine plan.

Fear - Death counters on mainstream news (when have they ever done that?!...where is the death counter for obesity or heart disease?)...That didn't motivate people to get the vaccine, so move on to;

Censorship - Well known and reputable doctors all over the country were banned from social media or censored. Anybody with an adverse reaction to the vaccine was censored. That didn't motivate people to take the jab, so move on to;

Propaganda - Celebrities sensationalizing getting the jab almost like it was their patriotic duty. That didn't motivate people to take the jab, so move on to:

Shame - Separate areas for non vaccinated and privileges given to the vaccinated. That didn't motivate people to take the jab, so move on to:

Bribery - Prizes and money to get vaccinated, free marijuana!...That didn't motivate people to take the jab, so move on to:

Force/Cohersion - Jobs threatened, door to door solicitation.....That won't motivate people either, because alot of people are wondering just why is the government and others trying so hard to motivate people when if it was truly a necessary protection from a deadly virus no motivation would be needed. What will the next "motivation" be?

A is A
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

They are letting everyone do that but if you go anywhere where you can't social distance on company business you have to log into the contact tracing app and follow the social distancing protocols. In the case of staying home, I think the company realized it is working and that enough employees were following the guidelines that any liability issues regarding contact tracing and employee/contractor/customer interactions were minimal. Yeah, you don't individually have to get the vaccine to get the flex time specifically but they stop tracking you so much on work time and requiring masks, etc. it's more of a group trade: enough employees got vaccinated that the company feels they don't need to keep us under thumb, or at least display to the public that is what they are doing.

Not that there was any real enforcement but you never know when one of your fellow employees might be paranoid about CoVID and complain.

Fwiw, my vaccine motivations were simply from comparing the side effects of the vaccine this far to the side effects of actual CoVID for someone my age. No way in hell I wanted to lose my sense of taste for weeks.
so your company's management thinks there is a correlation between work productivity and getting the vaccine?

That is the whole premise of what you are saying. Seems like an ass-backwards type of company.
fightingfarmer09

HollywoodBQ
AG
I assume Covid 19 is the only thing they care about.

I'm sure they don't care if I've been vaxxed against MMR, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Cholera, Small Pox, etc.
Chips2003
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

Looks like I'm vaxxed!!!
torrid
AG
But it only has spaces for two doses.
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
I'll pass lol.
Keegan99
AG
I'm curious who at the company has access to these medical records, and how they are being secured.
samurai_science
Cramp00 said:

Just heard of this. Great idea!

Fake card ready
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Keegan99 said:

I'm curious who at the company has access to these medical records, and how they are being secured.

Here come the non legal eagles to splain away HIPAA.
MouthBQ98
AG
The tracking is contact tracing crap, which they are still doing for those not vaccinated yet. I don't care, I'm just glad I don't have to be logging into the app every day to affirm my health status before working.

Vaccine doesn't bother me. I don't really care that much about it. It made my life easier, and reduced my personal risk, based on the published data, so I decided it was right for me. I don't care what other people choose.
YouBet
AG
Keegan99 said:

At my wife's employer, it's "HIPPA Certified" employees.

Apparently HR made up some new titles to make it legit.
TyHolden
AG
do you get more if you get your children to take it?
ChemEAg08
AG
My fortune 100 company on the N side of Houston just went to no Covid restrictions starting yesterday.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

do you get more if you get your children to take it?
Pets too.
Cromagnum
AG
A is A
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

The tracking is contact tracing crap, which they are still doing for those not vaccinated yet. I don't care, I'm just glad I don't have to be logging into the app every day to affirm my health status before working.

Vaccine doesn't bother me. I don't really care that much about it. It made my life easier, and reduced my personal risk, based on the published data, so I decided it was right for me. I don't care what other people choose.
understand. I took it to mean something else. Apologies.
A is A
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

My fortune 100 company on the N side of Houston just went to no Covid restrictions starting yesterday.
y'all hiring?
ChemEAg08
AG
A is A said:

ChemEAg08 said:

y'all hiring?

Unfortunately not much at the moment, but they need to get it in gear or else we'll be falling behind.
Cassius
YouBet said:

Keegan99 said:

At my wife's employer, it's "HIPPA Certified" employees.

Apparently HR made up some new titles to make it legit.

Dang it YouBet, it's HIPAA. we've been over this 1000 times.
TxTarpon
RAINMAKER!
Pookers
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

A is A said:

ChemEAg08 said:

y'all hiring?

Unfortunately not much at the moment, but they need to get it in gear or else we'll be falling behind.
Are they mandating the fauci juice?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.