Shocking fact about meat

7,394 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by annie88
vansprinkle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I've been calling this for years. It's awful! Look at the trans fat and sodium in that ****

You can't pronounce 90% of what is in these "healthy" alternatives. And yes, they're levels of **** that's actually unhealthy is high. They'll load it up with sugar for flavor, just so it can be meat free.
FIDO*98*
AG
Clob94 said:

Bidens leg hairs said:

Plant-based meat is an oxymoron. It doesn't exist any more than meat-based vegetables.

It's like almond milk. Nobody has been able to successfully tell me why it's called almond milk instead of almond juice.

The almonds aren't juiced. They're blended with water and then strained. Neither option is accurate so go with milk due to appearance and other characteristics such as taste and viscosity. Coconut milk is the pressed and strained juice of the coconut, but, still referred to as coconut milk for similar reasons.
Squadron7
AG
Shoefly! said:

aggie09whoop said:

I bet Kamala Harris knows her meats

More like kilbasas.

'Johnsonville' brat?
Sea Speed
AG
I drank camels milk about as fresh as it could be while in a field in Oman when my driver stopped and wanted to show us his buddies herd. It was absolutely wild.

So obviously not camel jazz but still some warm white liquid about 2 minutes after it came out of the camel
flashplayer
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I've been calling this for years. It's awful! Look at the trans fat and sodium in that ****

Transphobic bigot!
FIDO*98*
AG
vansprinkle said:

Irish 2.0 said:

You can't pronounce 90% of what is in these "healthy" alternatives. And yes, they're levels of **** that's actually unhealthy is high. They'll load it up with sugar for flavor, just so it can be meat free.

Are you illiterate or just plain stupid? Out of curiosity, which of the following 10% are you able to pronounce

The Impossible Burger is made from soy protein concentrate, coconut oil, sunflower oil, potato protein, methylcellulose, yeast extract, salt, gums, and water and additives, including vitamin B12, zinc, vitamin B6, thiamin (B1) and niacin.
Gradaggie05
AG
I recently discovered my boss is a vegan. It explains so many things.

How come I didn't know earlier? (ie He's a vegan. He didn't tell you on day one?). Valid question. He's also a runner so I think the veganism got overshadowed by the irresistible urge to tell people about how he's a runner.
hph6203
AG
Plant based meats are never going to replace meat for most people. Cultured meat will though, it's coming next year or the year after and it's share of the market is going to grow pretty substantially over time. It won't completely supplant meat production, but if you eat burgers, chicken tenders or hot dogs even somewhat regularly you'll be eating cultured meat fairly regularly by the end of the decade. That is unless you make conscious effort to avoid it.
FJB
AG
Clob94 said:

Bidens leg hairs said:

Plant-based meat is an oxymoron. It doesn't exist any more than meat-based vegetables.

It's like almond milk. Nobody has been able to successfully tell me why it's called almond milk instead of almond juice.
I can picture it now somebody rolling up to Starbucks asking for a skinny latte with an extra shot of nut juice.

Yeah that's probably why it's called almond milk.
APHIS AG
aggiedata said:

This. As long as it is mostly idiot minion liberals that are affected, I really do not care what they eat as long as they leave my steak alone.
Tailgate88
AG
Sea Speed said:

I drank camels milk about as fresh as it could be while in a field in Oman when my driver stopped and wanted to show us his buddies herd. It was absolutely wild.

So obviously not camel jazz but still some warm white liquid about 2 minutes after it came out of the camel

To paraphrase . . .milk a male camel and you'll have a friend for life.
MAROON
AG
Had a nice medium rare ribeye tonight, will most probably have another Saturday night. Beef it's what's good for you
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
agent-maroon
AG
hph6203 said:

That is unless you make conscious effort to avoid it.
Well... yeah
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
hph6203
AG
I'm saying the average American will absolutely be eating some level of cultured meat on a monthly basis by 2030, and that's being generous. If you're eating fast food, at least a portion of it will be cultured by that point. It will be advertised as an environmentally friendly alternative by 2025, by 2030 it will just be integrated as the way fast food burgers and nuggets are made.
ABATTBQ11
AG
American Hardwood said:

Bidens leg hairs said:

Meat-based vegetables! Now there is a million dollar idea that is long past due!

Take a look at my prototype meat-based tomatoes I'm preparing to put in my vegetarian pasta tonight!

Arby's beat you to it years ago with a meat carrot

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/arbys-meat-carrots
Tanya 93
Salute The Marines said:

My view is simple. If you want to eat vegetables then eat ****ing vegetables. If you like the taste of meat then eat ****ing meat. Don't half ass it or claim some dietary BS issue.
As someone who has a diet that is mostly vegetarian, I agree.

I don't like vegetarian burgers that try to look like and taste like beef.
Give me Morningstar Farms veggie burgers any day of the week
YouBet
AG
Yeah, as one who will order a veggie/black bean burger quite frequently just give me that vs a fake meat burger. The latter seem fine until the 3rd or 4th bite and then it starts tasting weird and is gross. I think the body subconsciously figures out you are trying to trick it and revolts.

This whole story reminds me of the the gals on Instagram who were big time vegan influencers who secretly abandoned it because it was so unhealthy their damn hair started falling out.
captkirk
AG
Boo Weekley
Scientists are basically holy prophets! Trust The Science!!!" Lol

F'n clowns
_mpaul
AG
Clob94 said:

Bidens leg hairs said:

They're trying to change the meaning of the rest of the English language, so why not this?
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
FCBlitz
I have always been amazed that people who are most paranoid of plastic whatever, aluminum foil, microwave ovens, fertilizers and hormones are the ones who. Will eat something cloned out of a laboratory.
ABattJudd
AG
Help a dumbass out...what is "cultured meat?"
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
Tanya 93
ABattJudd said:

Help a dumbass out...what is "cultured meat?"
meat grown in a lab
96ags
AG
hph6203 said:

I'm saying the average American will absolutely be eating some level of cultured meat on a monthly basis by 2030, and that's being generous. If you're eating fast food, at least a portion of it will be cultured by that point. It will be advertised as an environmentally friendly alternative by 2025, by 2030 it will just be integrated as the way fast food burgers and nuggets are made.

Highly unlikely
agent-maroon
AG
96ags said:

hph6203 said:

Highly unlikely
Agree. You don't have to eat cultured meat if you can read an ingredients label. Fast food chains that use it will be countered with "parts is parts" negative advertising a la Wendy's vs McDonald's chicken nuggets. The only thing "impossible" about Burger King's veggie burger was selling them at a profit. People don't want it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GeorgiAg
AG

riverrataggie
AG
tweets in the OP are why I will always have a job as long as I want it.
YouBet
AG
agent-maroon said:

96ags said:

hph6203 said:

Highly unlikely
Agree. You don't have to eat cultured meat if you can read an ingredients label. Fast food chains that use it will be countered with "parts is parts" negative advertising a la Wendy's vs McDonald's chicken nuggets. The only thing "impossible" about Burger King's veggie burger was selling them at a profit. People don't want it.
I did witness an elitist Karen lose her sh^t at Liberty Burger here in Dallas once because they had run out. She was supremely pissed they couldn't make her one and was yelling at the high school girl at the register.
agent-maroon
AG
Early humans derived most of their protein from plants. We were stunted in stature and not particularly successful as a species until we developed the social skills to hunt in groups to take down large game. This ability and the high quality protein diet that it allowed is arguably what saved our species.

Generally speaking, most mass starvation events are the result of a missing essential amino acid (protein) in the diet. You can have all the carbs and protein you can eat but if you're missing even a single essential amino acid in your diet then it will eventually kill you. One of the chief benefits of an animal based protein is that it contains these essential amino acids in abundance. Not necessarily true with a plant based diet. There's a reason herbivores spend every waking moment eating. They have to in order to derive enough nutrition to survive.
PanzerAggie06
AG
The only person more annoying than a vegan is the vegan who also does CrossFit.
Spudman
AG
agent-maroon said:

Early humans derived most of their protein from plants. We were stunted in stature and not particularly successful as a species until we developed the social skills to hunt in groups to take down large game. This ability and the high quality protein diet that it allowed is arguably what saved our species.

Generally speaking, most mass starvation events are the result of a missing essential amino acid (protein) in the diet. You can have all the carbs and protein you can eat but if you're missing even a single essential amino acid in your diet then it will eventually kill you. One of the chief benefits of an animal based protein is that it contains these essential amino acids in abundance. Not necessarily true with a plant based diet. There's a reason herbivore's spend every waking moment eating. They have to in order to derive enough nutrition to survive.
Knowledge drop -- very nice!
One Louder
AG
So is "GMO BAAAD!" not a thing anymore?? Because this "meat substitute" is the most Frankensteined crap out there....
FIDO*98*
AG
Knowledge drop that is pretty much irrelevant in modern society because we have grocery stores.
Spudman
AG
I was just giving him a little credit for his early humans talk.
Reno Hightower
There are likely 81 million people in this country who don't know this.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.