Shocking fact about meat

7,380 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by annie88
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh wait. No *****

several metabolites proven to be vital to human health were found either exclusively or in greater amounts of beef, including creatine, spermine, anserine, cysteamine, glucosamine, squalene and the omega-3 fatty acid DHA, researchers said

"These nutrients are important for our brain and other organs including our muscles,"

"To consumers reading nutritional labels, they may appear nutritionally interchangeable," adding: "But if you peek behind the curtain using metabolomics and look at expanded nutritional profiles, we found that there are large differences between meat and a plant-based meat alternative."

Consumers should know real meat and alternative meat products are not "nutritionally interchangeable.

Burrus86
AG
They really went out on a limb with that observation.
DallasAg 94
ChemEAg08
AG
it is DELICIOUS.

PETA - People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.
javajaws
AG
spermine?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
aggiedata
AG
TxAgPreacher
S
I'll give up meat.... the the day I die.

And not a second before!
Showertime at the Bidens

Plant-based meat is an oxymoron. It doesn't exist any more than meat-based vegetables.
agent-maroon
AG
Not the same? No whey!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggie09whoop
I bet Kamala Harris knows her meats
Skillet Shot
The war on meat is real and will continue to escalate. I don't think most Americans will go for it though.
Rapier108
EOT
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Irish 2.0
I've been calling this for years. It's awful! Look at the trans fat and sodium in that ****
96ags
AG
Bidens leg hairs said:

Plant-based meat is an oxymoron. It doesn't exist any more than meat-based vegetables.

Didn't we use to call a grass to meat machine a cow?
FIDO*98*
AG
Consumers aren't buying plant based substitutes because of micro nutrients. This study is meaningless to anyone on either side of the argument
Teslag
AG
My view is simple. If you want to eat vegetables then eat ****ing vegetables. If you like the taste of meat then eat ****ing meat. Don't half ass it or claim some dietary BS issue.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
John Rollo figured out in the 1700's that a meat-heavy diet was good for you. Then lefties spent the next few centuries trying to prove that wrong.

The fact still stands: low carb, high fat, high meat diets are actually good for you. Good for diabetes, good for mental acuity, good for testosterone.
agent-maroon
AG
At least they're not pushing an insect-based protein diet like they were not long ago. Mandating eating bugs would start a war.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Shoefly!
AG
aggie09whoop said:

I bet Kamala Harris knows her meats

More like kilbasas.
padreislandagfan
That is some hard hitting science.
annie88
AG
Well Hitler was supposedly a vegetarian.

So there you go.
annie88
AG
Burrus86 said:

They really went out on a limb with that observation.

Trust the real science!
Old Sarge
AG
Bacon is meat candy.
waitwhat?
Imagine "journalism" being your job and your boss gives you this topic as an assignment.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
Tailgate88
AG
Also, plant based "meat" tastes like *****
Sea Speed
AG
aggiedata said:

I have a buddy who is a competitive powerlifter and has been vegan for something like 15 years. Just saying.
MGS
American Hardwood
AG
Bidens leg hairs said:

Meat-based vegetables! Now there is a million dollar idea that is long past due!

Take a look at my prototype meat-based tomatoes I'm preparing to put in my vegetarian pasta tonight!

cottonpatchag
AG
Oh it's twue! It's twue! It's twue! It's twue!
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Burdizzo
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

John Rollo figured out in the 1700's that a meat-heavy diet was good for you. Then lefties spent the next few centuries trying to prove that wrong.

The fact still stands: low carb, high fat, high meat diets are actually good for you. Good for diabetes, good for mental acuity, good for testosterone.

Also good for gout.
CardiffGiant
AG
Blue star for you!

Rocky- he got you on this one.
lil99chris
AG

Clob94
Bidens leg hairs said:

It's like almond milk. Nobody has been able to successfully tell me why it's called almond milk instead of almond juice.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Clob94 said:

Bidens leg hairs said:

It's like almond milk. Nobody has been able to successfully tell me why it's called almond milk instead of almond juice.

Because it's white and opaque.

We might be able to make a killing selling camel cum with some clever marketing.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.