Unbelievable- You want Crime Reform? Imprison DA's & Judges that allow this....

4,005 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BuddysBud
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just a few days before I retired I was in a meeting with several LE agencies from Harris County, Bexar County, Travis County and the FBI ASACS from each of those counties. Their sole purpose of the meeting with me was to figure out a way to file a rather large case WITHOUT HAVING to file it in 1. Harris County 2. Travis County
3. Bexar County. In that order. We did find a way to get it in a less urban, more rural county.

If I knew LE ever had a meeting like that when I was DA and wanted to keep a case out of my jurisdiction, I would have re-signed for being a sh---y DA.

And the DA's office in Harris County once was the shining star on the hill as the most hard charging and effective office, not just in the state, but in the country. Glad I am out of the business.

Edit: But in rural Texas juries will still punt a criminal straight to Huntsville for a long, long time. That goodness for rural Texas.
Engine10
AG
Got TF out of Harris County this year with no regrets. The games they're playing with **** like this just isn't worth being closer to work.
Texas Yarddog
AG
This is happening more and more in the areas ruled by liberals. Between releasing prisoners during Covid (and then jailing those that refused to follow mandates) and this BS, I have begun to believe that these are intentional acts created to keep the law abiding population in constant fear.
BuddysBud
AG
It's almost as if they are intentionally trying to destroy law and order in major metro areas.

And for some reason, once a Democrat is in office it remains Democrat forever, no matter how poorly the city/County is run.
Texas Yarddog
AG
BuddysBud said:

And for some reason, once a Democrat is in office it remains Democrat forever, no matter how poorly the city/County is run.

It's not about who votes. It's about who "counts" the votes.
AGHouston11
AG
Houston and Harris County are on one track ....... to become the next dumpster fire area like Chicago.

What has improved? Anything?

It's terrible to watch the decline.
Cromagnum
AG
Can't pass up Chicago as the 3rd largest city without passing them in crime too.
Cromagnum
AG
eric76 said:

It would seem like being out on multiple bonds at the same time would clearly indicate his likelihood to re-offend while out on bond. Perhaps what we need is a law that refuses further release under any conditions to anyone who is now or has ever committed a new crime while out on bond.

Perhaps what we need is for then to be shot if they are committing new crimes while out on bond.
fasthorse05
So, have we decided that a national police force is really worth it to abide murder, rape, assault, and theft, JUST so we can control all things from DC?

I guess the Democrats have to crack a few eggs to make their omelete! Don't ever let anyone tell you their policies are "just to make America safer", because it's only about power.

Maybe the Left can visit the morgue and ask this woman if her life was worth the Democrat's power grab.
Cassius
fasthorse05 said:

So, have we decided that a national police force is really worth it to abide murder, rape, assault, and theft, JUST so we can control all things from DC?

I guess the Democrats have to crack a few eggs to make their omelete! Don't ever let anyone tell you their policies are "just to make America safer", because it's only about power.

Maybe the Left can visit the morgue and ask this woman if her life was worth the Democrat's power grab.

That woman, if given another chance and brought back to life, would vote for Kim Ogg again. I guarantee it.

You can't change liberals. They are born broken, imo.
BuddysBud
AG
Cassius said:

fasthorse05 said:

That woman, if given another chance and brought back to life, would vote for Kim Ogg again. I guarantee it.

You can't change liberals. They are born broken, imo.

Most likely she will continue to vote Democrat.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.