The reason we should not be concerned about inflation

102,731 Views | 899 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LMCane
aggiebq03+
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.jpmorgan.com/insights/outlook/economic-outlook/cpi-report-november-2023#:~:text=%E2%80%9CEven%20though%20the%20pace%20of,since%20the%20end%20of%202021.

Quote:

Even though the pace of inflation is slowing, consumers are still feeling the bite. While Wall Street tends to focus on the headline YoY pace of inflation, which came in at 3.1% in November, consumers are focused on prices staying elevated with broad inflation up 17.9% since the end of 2021.
waitwhat?
OP actually bumping this himself shows that he has surpassed Lot Y as the least self aware poster in recent history.

OP needs to fully explain why what he posted shows he was right all along.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
torrid
AG
Oldag2020 said:

Demand is temporarily outpacing our production(supply). Due to covid shut downs and supply chain disruptions. Ex. Lumber prices were inflated, now they are correcting themselves.

Once our supply chains are back up to full capacity, the added demand created by the stimulus will not cause long lasting inflation.

Our productive capacity is so high, in fact, I believe our biggest fear should be deflation, not inflation. Our productivity growth is not disappearing any time soon. The inputs to production are 1. Technological advancements and 2. Increase in labor force. Our computing power doubles every 18 months. Clearly this growth will not disappear.

It's no accident that we have continued to spend more and more throughout the last several decades with little to zero long term negative consequences.

In fact, the fed has struggled the last decade to maintain their inflation level goal of 2%. This even Despite massive spending in 2008 and artificially low interest rates.

Another reason we should not be concerned by the massive spending is that $1 in government spending = greater than $1 in gdp growth.
Gdp growth = 1/ the propensity to save
The propensity to save is currently ~ 20%
Therefore every dollar spent today grows our gdp tomorrow by $5

This $5 of gdp growth then increases tax revenue by $5.
This increase in tax revenue is used to service the debt.

Basically, we can spend as much as we want with little to zero negative consequences. Long term inflation is not on the way.

Be sure to allocate portfolios accordingly.
Two and a half years later and still bull*****
Logos Stick
OP and Two Teas must be brothers.

Two and a half years later.... see told ya it was transient!

Also it's still 50% higher than the target.
Kansas Kid
I thought this was bumped by someone who wanted to remind us of one of the all time infamous threads on Texags. I thought the OP had totally left us.
Kansas Kid
DallasAg 94 said:

"Inflation is over,everyone that doesn't return to 2021 prices is racist and wants to exploit the poor."

/Biden

I assume Biden would be ok if wages, especially UAW wages, went back to beginning of 2021 levels.
richardag
aggiebq03+ said:

https://www.jpmorgan.com/insights/outlook/economic-outlook/cpi-report-november-2023#:~:text=%E2%80%9CEven%20though%20the%20pace%20of,since%20the%20end%20of%202021.

Quote:

Even though the pace of inflation is slowing, consumers are still feeling the bite. While Wall Street tends to focus on the headline YoY pace of inflation, which came in at 3.1% in November, consumers are focused on prices staying elevated with broad inflation up 17.9% since the end of 2021.

Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Squadron7
AG
Question: If the inflation rate has never been negative in Joe's admin, how can prices be down as had been claimed by the WH Press Secretary (Who just happens to be the first Black lesbian to hold that job)?
Kansas Kid
Squadron7 said:

Question: If the inflation rate has never been negative in Joe's admin, how can prices be down as had been claimed by the WH Press Secretary (Who just happens to be the first Black lesbian to hold that job)?

I see you need educated. If the price of something is $10 and inflation has been 10%/yr, the expected price at the end of the next year is $11. Under Biden, inflation is now allegedly 3% so it only costs $10.30 which is a savings of $0.70. How hard is this to understand?

Eventually you will learn government math if you will let me and KJP mentor you.

PS. You forgot KJP is also a woman. Make sure you give her credit for all boxes checked or Biden won't be happy.
Redstone
AG
Any Home Alone fans?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2023/12/08/home-alone-grocery-prices-kevin-mccallister-1990-2023/71826081007/

CDUB98
AG
Squadron7 said:

Some very specific items have had price reductions due to supply increases, namely eggs and gasoline. A few other commodities and groceries.

But there's the thing, neither Biden nor the Fed had anything to do with those reductions in price, but they'll take credit for it because America is full of dumbasses who don't know a damned thing.
aggielax48
AG
Kansas Kid said:

PS. You forgot KJP is also a woman. Make sure you give her credit for all boxes checked or Biden won't be happy.

But how do you know? What really IS a woman?
ProgN
Oldag2020 said:

Bump

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/12/13/fed-lowers-inflation-forecast-for-2024-seeing-core-pce-falling-to-2point4percent.html

Just wow! You actually bumped a thread almost 3 years later that made you look even more foolish? I seriously doubt anyone that can walk upright would think that almost 3 years equals "transitory" with regard to anything.

Ok, please opine on this Mr. Wizard. Why are grocery prices crippling the middle and lower class? Why are corporations providing negative forward guidance and announcing layoffs? Why are credit card and auto loan delinquencies rapidly rising? Why are rental rates in crappy apartments equal or higher than a starter home mortgage from just a few years back? Why are countries dumping our debt instead of buying it? Why are credit agencies putting us on notice before they downgrade our credit rating?

Your OP said to not worry about our out of control spending and we'd have Skittles in every bowl and unicorn rainbow fart scented candles.

You'd have been better to just let this embarrassing thread die, but no, you couldn't live with your own failure. I'm confident that you're the most intelligent barista at your Starbucks, but F16 is not the place to shovel your bull*****

Jock 07
AG
There's been a lot of stupid **** posted on this website over the years so it's really an achievement when this thread ranks amongst the top. Not only that but then the OP tries to come back years later to claim victory with prices continuing to rise just takes it to a whole other level.
Redstone
AG
This bump made me smile.

Then I looked at our grocery bills and got sad again. Soon and very soon, more substantial posting. For now, we marvel.
M4 Benelli
I came for the bump, I stayed for the ProgN post.
aTmAg
AG
Core PCE is the biggest joke of an index because it excludes food and energy. 2 very important things that every family can't avoid spending money on. The Fed loves it because it understates (aka lies about) inflation the most.

And what makes this bump even funnier is that the article doesn't even report that core PCE is down to 2.4, it merely reports that the Fed THINKS it will be down to that next year. The same Fed that reality has proven wrong on EVERYTHING. Especially inflation. This, along with their statement that they are going to cut rates in 2024 is basically an admission that they have failed to cure inflation. Their goal was an average of 2%. Yet they can't even get their favorite index to touch 2%, nevermind get below 2% to bring the average down.

I feel sorry for OP's clients who have likely lost a lot of money or soon will. Society would be better served if such people worked in a field where they could be competent, like fry cooks at McDonald's or maybe dog walkers.
Get Off My Lawn
The Fed isn't mistaken - they're just lying to the public while serving their true masters behind closed doors in DC and NYC.

Hanlon's Razor does not apply to government (or quasi governmental incestuous affiliates).

Edit: auto"correct"
BigRobSA
LOL at OP bump.

And ProgN left a mushroom stamp....good Lord.

As usual, liberalism has failed.
nortex97
AG
In the history of stupefyingly bad takes, this one approaches a Biden level.
Old McDonald
DallasAg 94 said:

Pinochet said:

He clearly did. Look at the posting history. Wait for the first person to defend him and then you'll find his new sock.
So, Old McDonald.

But, we already knew that. Two Teas, amirite?!
i actually run every cm and leftist account on this forum
TheGreatEscape
I wonder if US oil production is a factor in the OP's argument?
Logos Stick
Don't blame da94. When we read illogical nonsense posted on this board and someone chimes in to defend the idiocy, well...
Kansas Kid
OPs take on inflation was bad enough but I "loved" his MMT idea the best

Another reason we should not be concerned by the massive spending is that $1 in government spending = greater than $1 in gdp growth.
Gdp growth = 1/ the propensity to save
The propensity to save is currently ~ 20%
Therefore every dollar spent today grows our gdp tomorrow by $5

This $5 of gdp growth then increases tax revenue by $5.
This increase in tax revenue is used to service the debt.

With his math, if we could get consumers to only save 1%, than a dollar of government spending would generate $100 of GDP. He then says that increases tax revenue by the same $100 (evidently it is true that the government gets it all). So I propose based on this amazing analysis that the government ban savings beyond 1% of your income and go spend $30T a year. Then the debt can be paid off in just over a year and we can run massive surpluses after that.

What a dream world we could live in if we only listened to OP and his allies like AOC.
PA24
AG
OP is Government management material.
Kansas Kid
PA24 said:

OP is Government management material.

Unfortunately, I think OP is Congressional material.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Oldag2020 said:

Bump

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/12/13/fed-lowers-inflation-forecast-for-2024-seeing-core-pce-falling-to-2point4percent.html

deddog
AG
M4 Benelli said:

I came for the bump, I stayed for the ProgN post.
M4 Benelli
BigRobSA said:

LOL at OP bump.

And ProgN left a mushroom stamp....good Lord.

As usual, liberalism has failed.
NICU Dad
AG
ProgN said:

Oldag2020 said:

Bump

Just wow! You actually bumped a thread almost 3 years later that made you look even more foolish? I seriously doubt anyone that can walk upright would think that almost 3 years equals "transitory" with regard to anything.

Ok, please opine on this Mr. Wizard. Why are grocery prices crippling the middle and lower class? Why are corporations providing negative forward guidance and announcing layoffs? Why are credit card and auto loan delinquencies rapidly rising? Why are rental rates in crappy apartments equal or higher than a starter home mortgage from just a few years back? Why are countries dumping our debt instead of buying it? Why are credit agencies putting us on notice before they downgrade our credit rating?

Your OP said to not worry about our out of control spending and we'd have Skittles in every bowl and unicorn rainbow fart scented candles.

You'd have been better to just let this embarrassing thread die, but no, you couldn't live with your own failure. I'm confident that you're the most intelligent barista at your Starbucks, but F16 is not the place to shovel your bull*****

Hello 9-11?

Yes, I'd like to report a murder.
txaggie_08
AG
Oldag2020 said:

Bump

Bump

Quote:

Inflation rose again in February, keeping the Federal Reserve on course to wait at least until the summer before starting to lower interest rates.

The consumer price index, a broad measure of goods and services costs, increased 0.4% for the month and 3.2% from a year ago, the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Tuesday. The monthly gain was in line with expectations, but the annual rate was slightly ahead of the 3.1% forecast from the Dow Jones consensus.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/12/cpi-inflation-report-february-2024-.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
TAMU1990
AG

Redstone
AG
Inflation Picks Up to 3.2% in Unexpected Turn

Higher Core prices, which exclude food and energy items in an effort to better track inflation's underlying trend, were up 3.8% from a year earlier

https://www.wsj.com/economy/inflation-february-cpi-report-interest-rate-b827c0e7

Oh look, still a disaster zone, exactly like I said it would remain in my first post to this thread -
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Higher Core prices, which exclude food and energy
Just imagine if they were truthful.
waitwhat?
I will never get tired of this thread getting bumped. Absolute smack down of historic level every single time.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.