The reason we should not be concerned about inflation

102,705 Views | 899 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LMCane
TexasAggiesWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Wonder if the OP and his terrible bulge bracket asset manager in NYC are still employed with their terrible advice/thoughts about inflation?
Redstone
AG
There was seriously a time recently when you paid $3 a gallon, and you can recall it clearly?

I barely remember those times, because I rage so hard every time I pull into QT.
Trucker 96
TexasAggiesWin said:

Wonder if the OP and his terrible bulge bracket asset manager in NYC are still employed with their terrible advice/thoughts about inflation?

Could you imagine paying this kid to do anything for you financially? Yikes. Just give it to Charles Barkley and let him head to Vegas with it. The hubris and overconfidence from someone whose parents were still claiming as a dependent is amazing.
WestTexAg12
AG
OP,

I need to make a March madness bracket. Send me yours so I can do whatever the opposite is.
Old Sarge
AG
Why is everyone beating up on the OP? He is now busy on digging up and replanting the goalposts of the "Peoples Garden"

Or whatever the Commies eat. Soylient Green perhaps?
"Green" is the new RED.
A New Hope
Oldag2020 said:

Demand is temporarily outpacing our production(supply). Due to covid shut downs and supply chain disruptions. Ex. Lumber prices were inflated, now they are correcting themselves.

Once our supply chains are back up to full capacity, the added demand created by the stimulus will not cause long lasting inflation.

Our productive capacity is so high, in fact, I believe our biggest fear should be deflation, not inflation. Our productivity growth is not disappearing any time soon. The inputs to production are 1. Technological advancements and 2. Increase in labor force. Our computing power doubles every 18 months. Clearly this growth will not disappear.

It's no accident that we have continued to spend more and more throughout the last several decades with little to zero long term negative consequences.

In fact, the fed has struggled the last decade to maintain their inflation level goal of 2%. This even Despite massive spending in 2008 and artificially low interest rates.

Another reason we should not be concerned by the massive spending is that $1 in government spending = greater than $1 in gdp growth.
Gdp growth = 1/ the propensity to save
The propensity to save is currently ~ 20%
Therefore every dollar spent today grows our gdp tomorrow by $5

This $5 of gdp growth then increases tax revenue by $5.
This increase in tax revenue is used to service the debt.

Basically, we can spend as much as we want with little to zero negative consequences. Long term inflation is not on the way.

Be sure to allocate portfolios accordingly.

Hey OP…how bout now??? Update your post please.
TRADUCTOR
Think this is the OP on the business forum getting feedback for a restaurant where he cleaned and cooks the fish he catches every day....It would work

LMCane
Fore Left! said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Could you imagine paying this kid to do anything for you financially? Yikes. Just give it to Charles Barkley and let him head to Vegas with it. The hubris and overconfidence from someone whose parents were still claiming as a dependent is amazing.
wait a sec, the original poster claiming there was no such thing as inflation WORKS IN FINANCE?!?!

LMCane
Fedup said:

Oldag2020 said:

Demand is temporarily outpacing our production(supply). Due to covid shut downs and supply chain disruptions. Ex. Lumber prices were inflated, now they are correcting themselves.

Once our supply chains are back up to full capacity, the added demand created by the stimulus will not cause long lasting inflation.

Our productive capacity is so high, in fact, I believe our biggest fear should be deflation, not inflation. Our productivity growth is not disappearing any time soon. The inputs to production are 1. Technological advancements and 2. Increase in labor force. Our computing power doubles every 18 months. Clearly this growth will not disappear.

It's no accident that we have continued to spend more and more throughout the last several decades with little to zero long term negative consequences.

In fact, the fed has struggled the last decade to maintain their inflation level goal of 2%. This even Despite massive spending in 2008 and artificially low interest rates.

Another reason we should not be concerned by the massive spending is that $1 in government spending = greater than $1 in gdp growth.

Basically, we can spend as much as we want with little to zero negative consequences. Long term inflation is not on the way.

Hey OP…how bout now??? Update your post please.

it would take days to go line by line pointing out all the lies this guy typed
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
LMAO @OP.
AndesAg92
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

LMAO @OP.

He has to be a troll, right?
Old Ag 74
AG
Old Ag 2020 - LMAO
YouBet
AG
Today was the first time my wife came home shocked about grocery prices. First time she's opted not to buy certain things because they were so outrageously expensive. Her total bill was still ludicrous. Hard to get around it if you don't eat processed food and crap like most people.
Picard
AG
First time my wife ever called a poster here a dumbass

edit: referring to the OP of course
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
You'd think so, but I'm not sure.
Loyalty
AG
Oldag2020 said:

Where are you? Be a man, show up and eat some crow.

BTW, most of the posters (although probably not me) are smarter than most of the idiots running this country. Including the Fed.
waitwhat?
Didn't this dude take one semester of economics and come on here to tell us why we shouldn't be concerned?
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
Win At Life
AG
Loyalty said:

Oldag2020 said:

Where are you? Be a man, show up and eat some crow.

BTW, most of the posters (although probably not me) are smarter than most of the idiots running this country. Including the Fed.

He did come back a few pages ago and admit to being a little wrong, but not completely, IIR.
Loyalty
AG
Thanks. Didn't see it. Lol
Redstone
AG
Just returned from Subway. 30 minutes ago. 2 foot longs. 2 chips. 2 OJs. Tomorrow? We return to HEB.

I can assure all my readers, posters and lurkers alike, that heightened and sustained inflation is present.

I was hoping for transitory. Alas.
DrEvazanPhD
Can I be worried about inflation *now?*
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
How did I miss this thread?

You serious, Clark?
Decay
AG
Chicken wings not any cheaper
TRADUCTOR

I want a prescription for this propensity stuff.
When The Going Gets Weird, the Weird Turn Pro -HST
Oldag2020
AG
3 weeks ago I would have said inflation was higher for longer than expected, but it would still decrease to approximately 3% over the next several months.

However, the Ukrainian invasion has dramatically changed my opinion. There is real reason to be extremely concerned about inflation and a potential recession. The fed is going to be forced to raise interest rates dramatically to slow the inflation (which is still in my opinion caused by supply chain disruptions). Our risk of recession is going to increase dramatically when interest rates rise.

Stagflation is becoming a legitimate issue and I'm afraid this isn't going to be pretty.

Invest in real estate. Invest in treasury inflation protected securities (TIPS). Especially if close to retirement. Get a good financial advisor if you don't have one. Ensure you're properly allocated.
Redstone
AG
Are you accepting clients?
CaughtAndDropped
AG
Everything was going according to plan until the Russians had to screw it all up!
Señor Chang
AG
So you've been absolutely dead ass wrong about everything for at least the last 9 months, but you're still here offering people advice?
ProgN
Oldag2020 said:

3 weeks ago I would have said inflation was higher for longer than expected, but it would still decrease to approximately 3% over the next several months.

However, the Ukrainian invasion has dramatically changed my opinion. There is real reason to be extremely concerned about inflation and a potential recession. The fed is going to be forced to raise interest rates dramatically to slow the inflation (which is still in my opinion caused by supply chain disruptions). Our risk of recession is going to increase dramatically when interest rates rise.

Stagflation is becoming a legitimate issue and I'm afraid this isn't going to be pretty.

Invest in real estate. Invest in treasury inflation protected securities (TIPS). Especially if close to retirement. Get a good financial advisor if you don't have one. Ensure you're properly allocated.
Just curious, did you vote for Biden?
Oldag2020
AG
No.
Loren Visser
I'm tempted to give the OP a like just because it's so gloriously wrong.
If the pay's right, and it's legal, I'll do it...Well, if the pay's right, I'll do it.
Redstone
AG
I sincerely appreciate your 2 exact same wording threads. They've been very good for my Star totals.

I'm serious in my question about accepting clients. My wife loves to tell me "no," and asking her about signing up is another opportunity to do so.
mazag08
AG
Modern monetary policy failed. Real world economics won. Milton Friedman was right and you, your idiot coworkers and bosses who employ you, Yellen, the fed chairs who you think are holy and untouchable, and all the Marxists who believe the same crap as you were wrong. 100% wrong. Not even in the same ballpark. You didn't defeat inflation. Economics defeated you.

Thanks for coming back. But until you admit just how incredibly wrong you are without blaming it on Russia, I have zero respect for you and idiocy that people like you have plagued our once great country with.
Jock 07
AG
Wow,this is reed McKenzie certified deadass wrong level dumbassery
Whirligigs
Financial advisors - lol.

Anyways, blame Ukraine is now the marching orders, eh?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.