Another example of why I remain against the death penalty

5,500 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggrad08
Garrelli 5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm 100% pro death penalty. Generally speaking I think it should be performed much quicker instead of wasiting tax-payer money. If not, then make life in prison true torture for some crimes that are above and beyond "death penalty".

I am also comfortable with changes to ensure that nobody is wrongfully sentenced to death for a crime they did not commit.

I have no shame in stating that I am ignorant as to the correct answer to solve this problem

It can't be so specific as to eliminate 99% of the deaths such as "an officer of the law must have witnessed it and have a video from a 3rd party witness that confirms what the officer witnessed."

I also think that people are bat-S crazy enough today to use DNA in nefarious ways to frame a person.

Having said that - I also have a much lower threshold for death penalty than others do. Rapists - death penalty. Sexual assault of a child - death penalty. Elderly abuse/taking advantage of (robbing) the elderly - death penalty. Violent robbery - death penalty. Animal abuse (can of worms if PETA is involved - rational people know what animal abuse means) - death penalty. My wildcard Texting while driving therefore swerving into my lane or suddenly driving 10MPH below the speed limit - death penalty.

If I had a gun on me and someone came up to my dog while I'm walking him on a leash down the sidewalk and randomly kicked him I would pull and shoot to kill. If some kid (it is often teenagers) played the knock-out game on my wife/mom/sister/etc in my presence and I was armed I would shoot, curb stomp, shoot again. Sadly, I'd be the bad guy in today's "but he is a good person" world.
Take the trash out staff.
UTExan
slyfox07 said:

You're pro-beheading? Jesus dude.

You really trust the government that just convicted Chauvin in a sham spectacle of a trial to carry out public beheadings?

Saudi Arabia doesn't have any car accidents caused by women. Maybe we shouldn't let them drive either.

Beheading can be a very fast, almost painless way to die if done with a guillotine.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Aggrad08
AG
I'd be much more willing to entertain the death penalty if conservatives allowed DAs and assistant DAs to actually be punished for the years spent in prison of anyone they falsely convicted or scared into a false confession-On a one for one basis.

As it is it's simply far too often that innocent people have been convicted. And that's just the ones we can prove. Who knows how much higher the real number is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.