Columbus about to riot?

14,193 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by scd88
Tramp96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

Its not a narrative. Cops should not be killing people. Period. Why do we keep saying police are well trained and "special" and then not hold them to a higher standard?

They are also supposed to protect people. And that unfortunately means they sometimes have to kill people.

Not really and not really what we want. If you get into a fight with your brother in law and a cop shows up and kills one of you... is that okay?

Is one of us about to attempt to kill the other? Like lunging at the other with a knife?

My dad shot 2 people during his law enforcement career. Both of them had already killed someone else and were armed and in shoot outs with police. What would you suggest he do in that case?

Sure. If your exchanging fire then it seems justified. Thats not what is happening here.

And are police not supposed to protect an unarmed person from a threat to their life?

Sure. But is the only way to intervene is to kill someone? For trained professionals the objective should be to quell the situation with no casualties.

And this folks is the result of an entire generation growing up on Harry Potter and video games.

There are no magic wands my friend.

That cop saved a life. Period.
Martin Q. Blank
Ag Natural said:

maxag42 said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

Its not a narrative. Cops should not be killing people. Period. Why do we keep saying police are well trained and "special" and then not hold them to a higher standard?

They are also supposed to protect people. And that unfortunately means they sometimes have to kill people.

Not really and not really what we want. If you get into a fight with your brother in law and a cop shows up and kills one of you... is that okay?
If your brother in law tries to kill you with a knife, then what would you want the cop to do? Sounds like you would rather deal with it yourself so don't call the cops if it bothers you that much.

Im suggesting there are other methods of intervention that don't involve death. Plenty of police and military units are trained in such methods.
The military? Methods of intervention that don't involve death?
Slyfox07
AG
Mas89 said:

And why are they not at work?

They're holding out for a management position
AndesAg92
AG
slyfox07 said:

Ag Natural said:

Lol. Want to know how I can tell you've never been in a life or death situation?

Amazing that people can sit back and sip their soy latte and criticize the people risking it all to keep them safe from animals like those in this video

Guarantee you if it had been your daughter that's was .3 seconds from being run through with a dagger that you'd be hugging that cop
Agree completely. Ag Natural has to be trolling.
AggieGunslinger
AG
rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

maxag42 said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

If your brother in law tries to kill you with a knife, then what would you want the cop to do? Sounds like you would rather deal with it yourself so don't call the cops if it bothers you that much.

Im suggesting there are other methods of intervention that don't involve death. Plenty of police and military units are trained in such methods.

You seem like the kind of person that expects this police officer to Chuck Norris kick the knife out of the girl's hand. I don't think you have any real understanding of what their job really entails the real world.
FIFY.

What method of intervention would have stopped pink track suit from getting stabbed? Officer had a choice to make, watch track suit get stabbed and hope she survived or shoot the girl threatening multiple people with a knife. Seems he made the right choice.
Trucker 96
He's a hero and the community treats him like a criminal. I'd go The Wire Amsterdam on them. Good luck to ya
TRADUCTOR
Fore Left! said:

He's a hero and the community treats him like a criminal. I'd go The Wire Amsterdam on them. Good luck to ya

Hamsterdam lol
jwright4288
AG
That was actually some solid shooting by the officer. Very close range but still, under pressure and the lady about to get stabbed is 2in away. Seems like a pretty obvious good shoot to me.

Don't try to stab someone while standing next to a cop with his gun drawn and you probably won't get shot. Should have shot the dude trying to kick the ladies head too
Gateman
AG
Cop should have just blown his whistle and sternly told the attacker to stop.
Cen-Tex
AG
Officer Tatum sets the record straight...

IndividualFreedom
Quote:

And why are they not at work?
Because their mom's do not force them to.
HtownAg92
AG
Gateman said:

Cop should have just blown his whistle and sternly told the attacker to stop.

Close, but the social worker should have assessed the knife girl's circumstances and how a lifetime of oppression, white supremacy and systemic racism had given her no choice but to pick up the knife, and then calmly discussed her lack of blame and invited her to a safe space after she was done stabbing and cleaning up.
aggietony2010
AG
The only time a cop should respond to lethal force (knife) with less lethal is if the officer has both a few seconds and well coordinated backup ready to intervene with lethal.

In this case he had neither. It was also even less his decision to make, as it wasn't his life immediately on the line. He has a duty to intervene. If he pulls taser and doesn't get a good connection, and stabby gets a good wound on her victim, then he's failed as an officer.

Good decisions by this cop, and even better shooting. This is the kind of cop you pin a medal on, not charges.
HtownAg92
AG
aggietony2010 said:

The only time a cop should respond to lethal force (knife) with less lethal is if the officer has both a few seconds and well coordinated backup ready to intervene with lethal.

In this case he had neither. It was also even less his decision to make, as it wasn't his life immediately on the line. He has a duty to intervene. If he pulls taser and doesn't get a good connection, and stabby gets a good wound on her victim, then he's failed as an officer.

Good decisions by this cop, and even better shooting. This is the kind of cop you pin a medal on, not charges.
That's what makes it so impossible here for the great cop. No matter what he did, he would have been wrong:

1. Do nothing -- "This racist white cop stood by and let a black woman be killed, because black lives don't matter to him."
2. Taze and miss -- "This racist cop didn't do enough to stop a black woman from being killed, because black lives don't matter to him".
3. Shoot once and curtail the stabbing -- "Why was the racist cop's first instinct to shoot? Because black lives don't matter." plus "Why didn't he stop the stabbing? Because black lives don't matter."
3. Shoot to kill the black woman (give me a break on the "kid" narrative) -- "Why did the racist cop have to kill her? Because black lives don't matter to him."
AgsMnn
AG
What gets me , besides the guy kicking the girl, is that the pink jumpsuit girl was out by the car away from the other people when the cop arrived.

Other girl, charged and pushed down her first victim, then turned and bull rushed pink jumpsuit who was not currently involved at the time. The deceased was full of rage and was not going to stop. She had red in her eyes and she wanted to hurt someone.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Look real close, I don't think Stabby pushed the first girl, I think first girl fell down to avoid being the first of Stabby's victims, you can see the knife flash be her head.
will25u
will25u
FLATOUT
AG
Cop is a Hero in this instance.

Well done Sir.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
TAMUallen said:

Good Poster said:

Doubling down on the narrative

that's nothing more than a lily white d list "comedian" trying to stay relevant using dead black people to do it.

it's disgusting.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

Is one of us about to attempt to kill the other? Like lunging at the other with a knife?

My dad shot 2 people during his law enforcement career. Both of them had already killed someone else and were armed and in shoot outs with police. What would you suggest he do in that case?

Sure. If your exchanging fire then it seems justified. Thats not what is happening here.

And are police not supposed to protect an unarmed person from a threat to their life?

Sure. But is the only way to intervene is to kill someone? For trained professionals the objective should be to quell the situation with no casualties.

this unicorn rhetoric sounds familiar...oh yeah...that was you sharing your wisdom on firearms.
Tex100
AG
deddog said:

Why didn't he shoot her in the legs?

</keyboard warriors>
Joyce Behar says he could have shot in the air.
aginlakeway
AG
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Nonregdrummer09
AG
will25u said:

In this video you can hear her say "I'm going to ****ing stab you *****." Which I think is pretty incriminating.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

will25u said:

In this video you can hear her say "I'm going to ****ing stab you *****." Which I think is pretty incriminating.

The video of her trying to stab someone is pretty incriminating also
Nonregdrummer09
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

will25u said:

The video of her trying to stab someone is pretty incriminating also

It's a double whammy for sure
aggiehawg
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

will25u said:

Because the officer heard that and when she went towards the girl in pink and pinned her against the car, swung her arm back with blade clearly visible, he had no choice. Verbal commands would have no effect, nor would a taser. No doubt less than full second later, that knife would been inside her victim's body. Where? Neck? Face? Slashing motion across her arm and chest? Gut?

Officer had no other viable options. Four shots might have been too much but under those circumstances and I only say that because of others in the shooting zone but his aim was true. I didn't see any bullet holes in the car, including the windows.
will25u
Trucker 96
will25u said:

Good. Let them go at it. Just sweep up later
Cassius
Fore Left! said:

will25u said:

Good. Let them go at it. Just sweep up later

Bingo.
Catag94
AG
Officer saved a black girl or likely two. How has this been so overlooked?? Oh I know. Doesn't fit the narrative.
scd88
AG
will25u said:

Good for that girl to say something.
aginlakeway
AG
scd88 said:

will25u said:

Good for that girl to say something.

Yet some TexAgs posters are criticizing the cop. Pathetic.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
mjschiller
AG
AgNatural - either you live in "fairy land" or a member of BLM. You are carrying water for BLM.
scd88
AG
I also think the Columbus PD handled this well as did the mayor. Look, if you tell people "no" they may actually listen. The thing is, you have to actually be firm with that "no."

That "no" never happened in Minneapolis and it's not happening in Portland. Tell BLM no - what are they going to do?

I'm sick of watching leaders roll over. I'm looking at you White House. In the immortal words of Bron Bron - YOU'RE NEXT. #ACCOUNTABILY

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.