Columbus about to riot?

14,034 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by scd88
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

Its not a narrative. Cops should not be killing people. Period. Why do we keep saying police are well trained and "special" and then not hold them to a higher standard?

They are also supposed to protect people. And that unfortunately means they sometimes have to kill people.

Not really and not really what we want. If you get into a fight with your brother in law and a cop shows up and kills one of you... is that okay?

Is one of us about to attempt to kill the other? Like lunging at the other with a knife?

My dad shot 2 people during his law enforcement career. Both of them had already killed someone else and were armed and in shoot outs with police. What would you suggest he do in that case?

Sure. If your exchanging fire then it seems justified. Thats not what is happening here.

And are police not supposed to protect an unarmed person from a threat to their life?
rather be fishing
AG
Ag Natural said:

maxag42 said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

Its not a narrative. Cops should not be killing people. Period. Why do we keep saying police are well trained and "special" and then not hold them to a higher standard?

They are also supposed to protect people. And that unfortunately means they sometimes have to kill people.

Not really and not really what we want. If you get into a fight with your brother in law and a cop shows up and kills one of you... is that okay?
If your brother in law tries to kill you with a knife, then what would you want the cop to do? Sounds like you would rather deal with it yourself so don't call the cops if it bothers you that much.

Im suggesting there are other methods of intervention that don't involve death. Plenty of police and military units are trained in such methods.

You seem like the kind of person that expects this police officer to Chuck Norris kick the knife out of the girl's hand. I don't think you have any real understanding of what their job really entails.
Ag Natural
AG
rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

Is one of us about to attempt to kill the other? Like lunging at the other with a knife?

My dad shot 2 people during his law enforcement career. Both of them had already killed someone else and were armed and in shoot outs with police. What would you suggest he do in that case?

Sure. If your exchanging fire then it seems justified. Thats not what is happening here.

And are police not supposed to protect an unarmed person from a threat to their life?

Sure. But is the only way to intervene is to kill someone? For trained professionals the objective should be to quell the situation with no casualties.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
bmks270
AG
Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

Sure. But is the only way to intervene is to kill someone? For trained professionals the objective should be to quell the situation with no casualties.

They are trained to shoot attackers with knives.
AggieKeith15
AG
Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

This is silly and beyond childish.

Since we know there was no time to "quell the situation" as you put it. What do you think the officer should have done after the girl stabbed the other female once or twice? Does he "quell" her still?

And if you are the person who just took two stabs to the gut, do you think to yourself "I am glad he is going to quell her instead of shooting her" as you go down into a puddle of your own blood?
Ellis Wyatt
Ag Natural said:

This cop's shots were very well placed. I'd say he is quite well trained and did exactly as he should have. Good shooting.

You may need to take some logic classes.
Ellis Wyatt
Ag Natural said:

maxag42 said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

If your brother in law tries to kill you with a knife, then what would you want the cop to do? Sounds like you would rather deal with it yourself so don't call the cops if it bothers you that much.

Im suggesting there are other methods of intervention that don't involve death. Plenty of police and military units are trained in such methods.
If I said what I really want to, I'd catch a ban. Your post is insane.
Cassius
Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

Is that you Kathy?
GIGEM1
AG
Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

Did you totally miss the fact that the girl was seconds away from stabbing someone? Would you rather the girl in pink get stabbed? How would you have handled this exact incident?
Teslag
AG
Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

Unfortunately yes, sometimes it is the best way. Like in this instance.
Ellis Wyatt
GIGEM1 said:

How would you have handled this exact incident?
vettmaster99
AG
Rioting is a POC privilege.
AndesAg92
AG
Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

OK dumbass. How did you want this altercation to play out? What was the correct way for law enforcement to handle this one, oh wise one with a keyboard.
AndesAg92
AG
Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

Unfortunately yes, sometimes it is the best way. Like in this instance.

Unfortunately sometimes it is the ONLY way. This incident happened very fast. What did you want him to do?

Ag Natural over here with his feelings hurt but I just can't get over how stupid he is.
pirmag
AG
sig is appropriate
45-70Ag
AG
Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

You get a tenth of a second to prevent someone from being murdered. Besides the whole thing of deadly force is justified when someone has a weapon.

God, you people
jagvocate
AG
Ag Natural said:

maxag42 said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

" ... methods of intervention that don't involve death. Plenty of police and military units are trained in such methods ..."

"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau

Perfect irony

B-1 83
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

She was clearly about to stab that chick, amazing the officer didn't hit both of them
So? He's a fool. This is Biden's America. The cop should have let her stab away before shooting.
Kozmozag
Impossible situation, that cops career is probably going to be over.
fixer
Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

rather be fishing said:

Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

1) That is the objective.
2) When a blade is out and being actively used on at least one person, a cop or citizen is not required legally or ethically to take x number of stabs or gashes before exercising appropriate force.
3) When deadly force is being used, the appropriate reaction is to stop the situation as fast as possible. This can require use of force above that which is being criminally deployed against others.
CrottyKid
AG
B-1 83 said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

She was clearly about to stab that chick, amazing the officer didn't hit both of them
So? He's a fool. This is Biden's America. The cop should have let her stab away before shooting.
And then say, "Yes. I could have stopped it. I could have saved your daughter by shooting the perpetrator, but I'm sorry. I didn't want to be the next target of BLM." If I am an officer, and I show up to this situation, I'm going to stand down and let it play out. That seems to be what justice system dictates.
BMX Bandit
Well said.

This officer deserves a medal.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
The Natural alternative that comes to my mind is the cop should have shot the knife out of her hand. I've seen that done in the movies so I know it can be done. More knife shooting training instead of defunding.
Agthatbuilds
Ag Natural said:

Salute The Marines said:

Ag Natural said:

Wow. I cant determine if youre trolling or not. This post and your following ones are simply unbelievable.

But to entertain your posts- you pose the scenario of fighting with your in inlaws and whether it would be okay to shoot someone. Id pose that exact situation happened on this video.

The cop shot the person attempting to murder someone but didnt shoot the person kicking someone in the head. Id say he was pretty restrained in his response.
TChaney
Yesterday said:

And I just noticed the dumbass who said that kicked the girl in the head while on the ground.
I see this a lot during the peaceful protests now.

Shouldn't these be prosecuted as, at minimum, assault with intent to commit serious bodily injury or attempted murder?

Mas89
AG
I don't understand why one of the grown black men standing around watching young girls fight with a knife would not step in and take the knife away from her. This had been going on long enough for the cops to be called.

And why are they not at work?
fixer
Columbus PD putting the body cam footage out that quick likely saved that community a whole heap of trouble.

Nitro Power
AG
Also, the Mayor came out initially supporting the use of force, while also handling it in a sensitive manor

Quote:

Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther mourned the loss of the young victim but defended the officer's use of deadly force.

"We know based on this footage the officer took action to protect another young girl in our community," he told reporters.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/columbus-police-shooting-black-teenage-girl-knife/2021/04/21/id/1018421/
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
BigRobSA
TChaney said:

Yesterday said:

And I just noticed the dumbass who said that kicked the girl in the head while on the ground.
I see this a lot during the peaceful protests now.

Shouldn't these be prosecuted as, at minimum, assault with intent to commit serious bodily injury or attempted murder?

I'd offer my services to put my size 16s upside his head in lieu of a case against him. I guarantee he'll long for the case, instead.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
ClassicAg18
AG
In the eyes of the woke, this cop was going to be wrong either way. They would see him as wrong for doing what he did and they would see him as wrong for letting that girl get stabbed.

For you people who think he was wrong for killing that girl, put yourself in the pink tracksuit girls situation. If that was you about to get stabbed, wouldn't you want your murderer shot and killed so that you could live?? Seriously people. ALSO had everyone at the scene stopped what they were doing and put their hands up, guess what, NO ONE WOULDVE DIED. I truly do not understand why people complain that cops kill people yet they do NOTHING to help people understand how to act in situations with cops around.
backintexas2013
AG
Ag Natural said:

I can tell you have never been in a high stress situation like that. So here let me help. Here are the choices he had

Tackle the girl but then he is vulnerable to her still having the knife and is vulnerable to the person who kicked a girl on the ground. Not a good situation.

Use OC Spray. OC Spray, no matter what you see in the movies, doesn't have an immediate impact. In fact some people have very little reaction. Girl gets stabbed.

Fire a taser. If the girl is on drugs it might not have any impact at all and girl gets stabbed.

He had to prevent a girl from getting stabbed and possibly stabbed multiple times while also protecting himself.

He did exactly what he should have done. If there was no knife involved then that changes the situation entirely but there was a knife and an immediate threat.

Now go back to trying to play the all cops are bad card. It's all you have. If the cop would have let the girl get stabbed multiple times you would still complain.
flakrat
AG
I't simple. The old smack her in the back of the head with the Six Iron!
black_ice
Clean shoot. Good kill by the officer. One less thug.
Slyfox07
AG
Ag Natural said:

Lol. Want to know how I can tell you've never been in a life or death situation?

Amazing that people can sit back and sip their soy latte and criticize the people risking it all to keep them safe from animals like those in this video

Guarantee you if it had been your daughter that's was .3 seconds from being run through with a dagger that you'd be hugging that cop
sleepybeagle
AG
Better headline

"Police officer's quick action saves young girl's life"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.