Widespread Tornado Outbreak Expected Today & Tomorrow

5,308 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by The Fife
FrioAg 00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm stuck in a beach house on Dauphin Island, just south of Mobile AL

I'm hoping the worst stuff is all north of us. I don't feel very good about a house on stilts in a tornado
ttu_85
FrioAg 00 said:

I'm stuck in a beach house on Dauphin Island, just south of Mobile AL

I'm hoping the worst stuff is all north of us. I don't feel very good about a house on stilts in a tornado
Uh you do know tropical systems often produce F0 and F1 tornadoes. Probably a good idea to put a metal storm box on a steel reinforced concrete pillar. Just make sure you have it above the Storm Surge potential line.

Wait, never mind you are screwed either way if a Cat 4 or 5 hits Dauphin Island.
The Fife
All calm over here. Still annoyed that schools are letting out 3 hours early. Even the regular dismissal time is hours before anything is supposed to start up over here.
FrioAg 00
AG
We survived - the lightening show was pretty fascinating over the water
ChipFTAC01
AG
We're in the FL panhandle on vacation and I knew big weather was coming and battened down the hatches before bedtime but missed the tornado watch. Storm kicked up around 4 am and was pretty wild.

My SIL drove home from the beach back to Nashville yesterday and had a tough drive of it through all of that weather.
AtlAg05
AG
School district went virtual, so the kids' schools followed suit. Just seemed like rain here.
beerag04
AG
We had no damage near Birmingham. It ended up being less severe than they originally thought. No long sustained tornadoes. Still plenty of places torn up though, north and south of Birmingham.
The Fife
That's about what I'm expecting. NOAA made it look worse yesterday than today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.