AOC Was Right All Along

8,537 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bad_teammate
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDub14 said:

Every 10 years or so we have a big snow and the same issues happen. This feels worse than 2011. I understand that spending millions of dollars to save the grid for 1 week every 10 years isn't cost effective.

My real question is why are we completely disconnected from the Western US electrical grid? We could be getting power from New Mexico right now to help mitigate this issue.

We in the Panhandle are.

Yep, and so far there hasn't been one hiccup with power where I live. It seems like this area knows how to be proactive so that people aren't affected as badly had they not.
YouBet
AG
She's a communist. F^ck her.
deddog
AG
Cassius said:

lol

she actually believes that idiocy, as do her followers!
Thats because they get "Science"
CanyonAg77
AG
No Spin Ag said:

CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDub14 said:

Every 10 years or so we have a big snow and the same issues happen. This feels worse than 2011. I understand that spending millions of dollars to save the grid for 1 week every 10 years isn't cost effective.

My real question is why are we completely disconnected from the Western US electrical grid? We could be getting power from New Mexico right now to help mitigate this issue.

We in the Panhandle are.
Yep, and so far there hasn't been one hiccup with power where I live. It seems like this area knows how to be proactive so that people aren't affected as badly had they not.
I have Biden-worshipping in-laws who left the Panhandle because we are so close minded and ignorant.

Currently, all my family in the Panhandle has COVID vaccinations and electricity. Theirs in the metroplex have none.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AggieDub14 said:

We are so disconnected intentionally.

By not crossing state lines our power companies avoid federal regulation of interstate electric grid.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/weather/texplainer-why-does-texas-have-its-own-power-grid/269-be61fb6f-11ce-4201-b2d2-4f40fd8ff510#:~:text=In%201935%2C%20President%20Franklin%20D,being%20subjected%20to%20federal%20rules.

Quote:

The Texas Interconnected System which for a long time was actually operated by two discrete entities, one for northern Texas and one for southern Texas had another priority: staying out of the reach of federal regulators. In 1935, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Federal Power Act, which charged the Federal Power Commission with overseeing interstate electricity sales. By not crossing state lines, Texas utilities avoided being subjected to federal rules. "Freedom from federal regulation was a cherished goal more so because Texas had no regulation until the 1970s," writes Richard D. Cudahy in a 1995 article, "The Second Battle of the Alamo: The Midnight Connection." (Self-reliance was also made easier in Texas, especially in the early days, because the state has substantial coal, natural gas and oil resources of its own to fuel power plants.)
Stat Monitor Repairman
What if we adjust the temp of the planet and go too far?

What if some countries like the temperature the way it is?

What of the sun is simply getting hotter or cooler?

Amazing that people believe this nonsense.
The Dirty Sock
No Spin Ag
CanyonAg77 said:

No Spin Ag said:

CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDub14 said:

We in the Panhandle are.
I have Biden-worshipping in-laws who left the Panhandle because we are so close minded and ignorant.

Currently, all my family in the Panhandle has COVID vaccinations and electricity. Theirs in the metroplex have none.

Preach.

I never thought I'd say this when I was living in the bigger cities, but this place is the best of both (political) worlds, and the cost of living can't be beat.

I'm as progressive as they come, yet have felt just as at home and welcome here as in a "liberal" city. Most have views different than mine yet we get along just fine.
CanyonAg77
AG
No Spin Ag said:

CanyonAg77 said:

No Spin Ag said:

CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDub14 said:

We in the Panhandle are.

Preach.

I never thought I'd say this when I was living in the bigger cities, but this place is the best of both (political) worlds, and the cost of living can't be beat.

I'm as progressive as they come, yet have felt just as at home and welcome here as in a "liberal" city. Most have views different than mine yet we get along just fine.
Do you mind saying where you are?

You are correct, in that we are pretty deep red. Maybe if you stay here long enough, it might rub off on you.

You are also correct that we're pretty tolerant. In a small town, it's pretty clear who the gay guys are, or the minority, or the token leftist. But being neighbors is more important than outside factors. I don't have to like everything about you to get along.

I grew up with a generation of men in my father's generation, that would casually use the "N-word" when talking. Yet if a black church burned down, they would be among the first to give to rebuild it. They would be unfailingly polite when talking to a peer or especially to an elder of a minority group.

Extend that to leftists. Probably lots of people dislike your political views. But they don't hold that against you, personally. Especially if you treat them with respect, too.

In a big city, if you don't hold the "correct" political views, you are shunned and despised.
Cassius
CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDub14 said:

We in the Panhandle are.

Panhandle and East Texas are not part of ERCOT.
CanyonAg77
AG
Cassius said:

CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDub14 said:

We in the Panhandle are.
Which is why I said that we are connected and getting power.
No Spin Ag
CanyonAg77 said:

No Spin Ag said:

CanyonAg77 said:

No Spin Ag said:

CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDub14 said:

We in the Panhandle are.

Preach.

Do you mind saying where you are?

You are correct, in that we are pretty deep red. Maybe if you stay here long enough, it might rub off on you.

You are also correct that we're pretty tolerant. In a small town, it's pretty clear who the gay guys are, or the minority, or the token leftist. But being neighbors is more important than outside factors. I don't have to like everything about you to get along.

I grew up with a generation of men in my father's generation, that would casually use the "N-word" when talking. Yet if a black church burned down, they would be among the first to give to rebuild it. They would be unfailingly polite when talking to a peer or especially to an elder of a minority group.

Extend that to leftists. Probably lots of people dislike your political views. But they don't hold that against you, personally. Especially if you treat them with respect, too.

In a big city, if you don't hold the "correct" political views, you are shunned and despised.

I won't say what city I live near or in, because of political climate and all, but I appreciate you asking. You were right, when years ago I moved to this area, it isn't at all that bad once you give it a chance.

And I've seen what you mentioned with many new friends that I've made. They're as to the right as possible, but if someone is down, even if they're not of the same views, they're right there for them.

This area has rubbed off on me a little, especially the mentality that no matter what, we're all in it together. For the media that's a talking point, but for here it's genuine and real. I also appreciate more the, let me live my life with as little government interference as possible.

Unless something drastically changes I can see staying here for the rest of my life.
Cassius
CanyonAg77 said:

Cassius said:

CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDub14 said:

We in the Panhandle are.
Which is why I said that we are connected and getting power.

Yeah, I just added East Texas in there to let folks know its also not covered.
TexAgs91
AG
Good Poster said:

"Freedom is never more than one election away from extinction"
Fight! Fight! Fight!
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

I won't say what city I live near or in, because of political climate and all, but I appreciate you asking
It's pretty obvious where I live, if you are ever in the neighborhood, come by and say hi.
Fredd
AG
The worst part about that tweet is that there are 285,000 sheep that agree with her

I think the country has moved away from reason and logic and into the dangers of being controlled by irrational fear/emotion
Fins Up!
AG
Too bad the hot air that AOC is always blowing isn't keeping us warm.
AggDogg61
Good Poster said:

Libs, this is one of your leaders, which is one of the many reasons why I will never understand liberals.
Boo Weekley
The Dirty Sock said:

She's inciting violence. I want to do bad things now.
Can't say what I wish upon her.
Boo Weekley
No Spin Ag said:

Not only does AOC occupy space in the right's heat, but they even go to Twitter for her. And to think just a little over a month ago it seemed like everyone on the right would never go back to Twitter after they kicked Trump out.

The more things change.
I love how your instinct is to ALWAYS snipe at people right of center and never to actually call out the monumental idiocy of your deranged brethren on the left. ALL SPIN AG.

ALWAYS F'n SPINNIG.
Science Denier
AG
Good Poster said:

No. The 32,000 capacity spent on windmills only producing 800 is one of the main causes of what we are going thru now in Texas.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Boo Weekley
SECTAMU#1 said:

One of Texas's Senators, Ted Cruz, was reminded on Twitter of comments he made about California being "unable to perform even basic functions of civilization" during its blackouts last summer. He sheepishly responded:

"I got no defense. A blizzard strikes Texas and our state shuts down. Not good."
Still apples and oranges and I'm surprised he caved at all. They have routine blackouts. This is a once in a century winter storm for Texas...never seen anything like this in my life...and wind and solar (forced subsidized liberal wet dream bullsh**), which comprise a significant portion of our grid, are down.

We should scrap wind and solar for now and tell the feds to f off and focus on our bread and butter.
torrid
AG
MR Gadsden said:

This is begging for a Photoshop of her kneeling and crying.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

And I've seen what you mentioned with many new friends that I've made. They're as to the right as possible, but if someone is down, even if they're not of the same views, they're right there for them.

This area has rubbed off on me a little, especially the mentality that no matter what, we're all in it together. For the media that's a talking point, but for here it's genuine and real. I also appreciate more the, let me live my life with as little government interference as possible.

Unless something drastically changes I can see staying here for the rest of my life.

I just read of Rush Limbaugh's passing. As a Blue guy lost in a Red area, perhaps his words might resonate with you. From his 2009 CPAC speech, when he spoke about Conservatives:

Quote:

"We love people. When we look out over the United States of America, when we are anywhere, when we see a group of people, such as this or anywhere, we see Americans. We see human beings. We don't see groups. We don't see victims. We don't see people we want to exploit. What we see -- what we see is potential. We do not look out across the country and see the average American, the person that makes this country work. We do not see that person with contempt. We don't think that person doesn't have what it takes. We believe that person can be the best he or she wants to be if certain things are just removed from their path like onerous taxes, regulations and too much government," Limbaugh told the crowd.

"We want every American to be the best he or she chooses to be. We recognize that we are all individuals. We love and revere our founding documents, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence," he continued. "We believe that the preamble to the Constitution contains an inarguable truth that we are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, among them life, liberty, Freedom and the pursuit of happiness."
Hurricane Laura
YouBet said:

She's a communist. F^ck her.

Nice cans and probably knows how to Kamala a Willie, pretty well but nothing else going for her.
WestTexasAg
AG
People actually voted to re-elect her. Truly amazing.
Gunny456
AG
Gunny456
AG
ERCOT has been bragging for ten plus years how Texas is the leader in wind power. Boy I am glad! Really helped us.
Gunny456
AG
Yes. Thank you.
Squadron7
AG
Little Rock Ag said:

And for the simpletons who claim that wind and solar aren't part of the problem here. WHAT is going to replace the gas and coal resources?? Tell me, AOC.

Where can I find a link to this?
CyclingAg82
AG

Obligatory.....

She is a colossal moron though, and a prime example of the shallow thinking on the left.
CrackerJackAg
AG
Salute The Marines said:

Our grid is anything but privatized.

We also simply can't plug into another grid and draw power for everyone. This isn't a daisy chained extension cord running 4 keurigs and a space heater at the office.

It opens us up to federal regulation of our grid. Federalization of anything that is ours presently would be a a mistake. I can go a few days without power r rather than suffer whatever the Feds force upon us.
Stat Monitor Repairman
This woman will be president one day. No joke.
C@LAg
the ONLY time AOC is right is when she makes three left turns.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.