AOC Was Right All Along

8,513 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bad_teammate
Good Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ellis Wyatt
That stupid *****.
Predmid
AG
Good Poster said:

I almost want to resign in to twitter just to yell at that ****ing moron.
Phatbob
AG
Oh no! She finally has proof!
AggieDub14
AG
Every 10 years or so we have a big snow and the same issues happen. This feels worse than 2011. I understand that spending millions of dollars to save the grid for 1 week every 10 years isn't cost effective.

My real question is why are we completely disconnected from the Western US electrical grid? We could be getting power from New Mexico right now to help mitigate this issue.
Teslag
AG
Our grid is anything but privatized.

We also simply can't plug into another grid and draw power for everyone. This isn't a daisy chained extension cord running 4 keurigs and a space heater at the office.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Yes...if only ALL our power was iced over windmills that don't work in snow storms...

[/eyeroll]
AggieDub14
AG
Salute The Marines said:

We also simply can't plug into another grid and draw power for everyone. This isn't a daisy chained extension cord running 4 keurigs and a space heater at the office.

Your condescending oversimplification and complete lack of understanding of the 2nd part of my post is noted and entirely disingenuous.
Teslag
AG
AggieDub14 said:

Salute The Marines said:

Your condescending oversimplification and complete lack of understanding of the 2nd part of my post is noted and entirely disingenuous.

I'm sorry I get physics and you don't.
The Dirty Sock
She's inciting violence. I want to do bad things now.
Tom Doniphon
You can't fix stupid.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
That vapid **** should shut up and worry about her own constituency.
Tom Doniphon
Maroon Dawn said:

Yes...if only ALL our power was iced over windmills that don't work in snow storms...

[/eyeroll]

We could switch to solar when the turbines iced up... duh.
TXAG 05
AG
AggieDub14 said:

Every 10 years or so we have a big snow and the same issues happen. This feels worse than 2011. I understand that spending millions of dollars to save the grid for 1 week every 10 years isn't cost effective.

My real question is why are we completely disconnected from the Western US electrical grid? We could be getting power from New Mexico right now to help mitigate this issue.

Because electricity doesn't work that way
AggieDub14
AG
Salute The Marines said:

AggieDub14 said:

Salute The Marines said:

I'm not suggesting we can just completely restore everyone's power with electricity from another area. But we could get some power from other parts of the country if the grid was set up that way which would result in less people without power. But our grid is only connected to the Eastern US grid and Mexico.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Cassius
lol

she actually believes that idiocy, as do her followers!
No Spin Ag
Not only does AOC occupy space in the right's heat, but they even go to Twitter for her. And to think just a little over a month ago it seemed like everyone on the right would never go back to Twitter after they kicked Trump out.

The more things change.
Teslag
AG
AggieDub14 said:

Salute The Marines said:

AggieDub14 said:

Salute The Marines said:

I'm not suggesting we can just completely restore everyone's power with electricity from another area. But we could get some power from other parts of the country if the grid was set up that way which would result in less people without power. But our grid is only connected to the Eastern US grid and Mexico.

Most of Texas panhandle is already connected to the grid in New Mexico
Little Rock Ag
AG

Note, the prices in surrounding states. Opening up Texas' grid isn't the answer.
Little Rock Ag
AG
And for the simpletons who claim that wind and solar aren't part of the problem here. WHAT is going to replace the gas and coal resources?? Tell me, AOC.

fixer
Good Poster said:

This is text book confirmation bias.

Electing bar tenders is paying off...

Similar to hiring ERCOT managers that are career do-nothings.
AggieDub14
AG
Little Rock Ag said:

And for the simpletons who claim that wind and solar aren't part of the problem here. WHAT is going to replace the gas and coal resources?? Tell me, AOC.

Obviously it isn't something we can change overnight.
MR Gadsden

Muy
AG
MR Gadsden said:

Exactly.
CanyonAg77
AG
AggieDub14 said:

We in the Panhandle are.
Get Off My Lawn
Little Rock Ag said:

I really want to see someone break down capacity vs production by each of these power sources for this week. Coal and NG underperforming their full potential by 10% (wag) isnt great, but its a whole lot better than 'green' underperformance / unreliability.
AggieHammer2000
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDub14 said:

We in the Panhandle are.
Did the panhandle lose energy?
jmcfar_98
AG

Kenneth_2003
AG
Someone from OKC was posting last night about utilities there pleading for conservation of both electricity and NG use. Of course the OKC Thunder were playing and that big covid attendance restricted stadium was fully powered because NBA didn't want to reschedule the game.
webgem08
AG
I've been looking for this type of info. Is this chart updated and available online?
SECTAMU#1
One of Texas's Senators, Ted Cruz, was reminded on Twitter of comments he made about California being "unable to perform even basic functions of civilization" during its blackouts last summer. He sheepishly responded:

"I got no defense. A blizzard strikes Texas and our state shuts down. Not good."
Satellite of Love
SECTAMU#1 said:

One of Texas's Senators, Ted Cruz, was reminded on Twitter of comments he made about California being "unable to perform even basic functions of civilization" during its blackouts last summer. He sheepishly responded:

"I got no defense. A blizzard strikes Texas and our state shuts down. Not good."
But its always hot in the summer in California. Their system should have been designed to take that into account. Multiple days of an ice storm isn't the norm in Texas.
AggieDub14
AG
SECTAMU#1 said:

Sheepishly responded or honestly responded?

Honest Ted sounds a lot better tbh.
CanyonAg77
AG
AggieHammer2000 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDub14 said:

We in the Panhandle are.
Did the panhandle lose energy?
We lost power for 45 minutes yesterday morning, that's it. According to their outage map, there are currently four customers in the Excel service area without power.

https://www.outagemap-xcelenergy.com/
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.