Students for Trump TAMU chapter under fire

26,598 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by rguff38
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SEATAC Aggie said:

The football player and track athlete that openly threatened physical violence against an elderly alum (on video) were never summoned to a student conduct hearing (much less the race hoaxer, or dox happy cheesecake crew).
Do we know this for a fact? These hearings are generally kept secret.
erudite
Cactus Jack said:

Students are allowed to have an "advisor" at these meetings but attorneys are specifically barred.

Quote:

Students are permitted to have one advisor present with them during their student conduct conference. Students that are charged in the same incident or who are "not in good standing" with the University may not serve as an advisor for the accused student. Additionally, the advisor may not be an attorney unless the accused student is also the subject of a pending subsequent criminal matter arising out of the same circumstances or their case involves sexual misconduct, stalking, dating violence, domestic violence or related retaliation. Aside from those two exceptions, the advisor may be anyone of the student's choosing (friend, faculty member, parent, clergy, etc.). However, this advisor is not permitted to represent or speak for the student during the student conduct conference. They may provide advice to the student, but under no circumstances will they be permitted to speak for the student during the student conduct conference.

Students are also required to sign a privacy release form that permits another individual to be present during their student conduct conference.

This is bull*****
Where's Hawg, if she's retired she's not an attorney without a bar license right?
MTTANK
AG
mrad85 said:

Anyone have a picture of the sign? A little context would be nice

This is the best one I have, not great. It was a wire sign, no TAMU icons... basically it followed the rules for signs on campus.
GIG 'EM
Marcus Brutus
Not. Another. Dime.
mrad85
AG
Thanks for that. What does the sign say?
lb3
AG
You need to trade your flip phone in for a newer model.
MTTANK
AG
Think it's the one being stomped by the future antifa of America chapter. My understanding is just was the name of the club.
GIG 'EM
Agthatbuilds
Are those kids jumping on a sign?
Secolobo
AG
Yesterday said:

aggie appraiser said:

My Name Is Judge said:

Supporting POTUS lands you in hot water

Defacing school property & Faking race crimes, no big

We've become a Clown college

Texas Tceh On The Brazos.

Damn.

Tech is sounding better and better with each passing year. Never thought I'd see the day.
My dad was at tu in the early 60's and said A&M in the 90's was what tu was in the 60's.
I've said the same about tech lately.
Can I go to sleep Looch?
MTTANK
AG
lb3 said:

You need to trade your flip phone in for a newer model.

Haha! Not my phone that took the picture, it was a students and taken from far away. I zoomed in on it with my iPhone as best I could. I'm sure they didn't want to get too close and risk a slap fight with the communist.
GIG 'EM
SLAM
Cactus Jack said:

Students are allowed to have an "advisor" at these meetings but attorneys are specifically barred.

Quote:

Students are permitted to have one advisor present with them during their student conduct conference. Students that are charged in the same incident or who are "not in good standing" with the University may not serve as an advisor for the accused student. Additionally, the advisor may not be an attorney unless the accused student is also the subject of a pending subsequent criminal matter arising out of the same circumstances or their case involves sexual misconduct, stalking, dating violence, domestic violence or related retaliation. Aside from those two exceptions, the advisor may be anyone of the student's choosing (friend, faculty member, parent, clergy, etc.). However, this advisor is not permitted to represent or speak for the student during the student conduct conference. They may provide advice to the student, but under no circumstances will they be permitted to speak for the student during the student conduct conference.

Students are also required to sign a privacy release form that permits another individual to be present during their student conduct conference.

This is bull*****

Yeah they can't actually block a lawyer like that. Good luck if they try.
Aggie4Life02
AG
Should wear this shirt to the hearing and plead the 5th for every question.

P.H. Dexippus
AG
Not only is it BS, it sounds like it violates the Sixth Amendment.
Not a Bot
AG
Additionally, the students are required to mount their own defense. There's little to no discovery. No cross examination of accusers (even in cases not involving criminal activity). They even use the language police use in interrogations. "We're just here to get your side of the story." Just like a police interrogation, the fact that you are being dragged in front of them already means they think there is sufficient evidence of a violation and you are questioned to prove your innocence. Unlike a police interrogation, you can't have an attorney. If you are an innocent person who is nervous and has a hard time getting words out, you are SOL. Your advisor isn't even allowed to speak for you. Again, these liberal arts hacks don't want intelligent people questioning them. They want to face students, and students only, because they don't want to be challenged. This is the ONLY reason for this rule.

Then they decide based on "Preponderance of the Information."

None of the conduct officers deciding whether a violation occurred are attorneys.

It is a kangaroo court. The way they are conducted should be illegal. Anyone who knows members of the state legislature should press them to force universities to change these procedures.

Anyone can file a claim against you for any reason. If the liberal arts buffoons in these staff positions decide they don't like you or a political position you have, or the color of your skin, or whatever makes you an oppressor in their eyes, they can strike you down with no recourse on them at all.

There's no recourse for them when they refuse to take a case of someone committing violations of university policy, such as faking a hate crime in a very public way or vandalizing university property. The people in this office can do whatever they want, whenever they want, with no accountability.
AGHouston11
AG
Our campus has become pretty much tu lite.
It's exponentially headed to being just like tu.
sanangelo
AG
I haven't been this angry since my daughter's car was towed from the Century Plaza unjustifiably.

I want some details before I seal my anger. This needs press coverage.
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
Not a Bot
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Not only is it BS, it sounds like it violates the Sixth Amendment.
This is murky. Have been many lawsuits about these hackjob fake courts.

They specifically state that it is not a criminal proceeding and they are not obligated to follow rules of criminal procedure. They can do whatever they want until someone, either the legislature or a court, stops them.
oldyella
AG
Student needs a lawyer and he/she or a friend should set up a go fund me to help defer the legal costs. Post it here and I will donate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BIIR!
2004FIGHTINTXAG
That letter:
- Hey show-up and be prepared to defend yourself.
- What am I defending? Putting some Trump signs up?
- Just show up and you'll find out.
hbtheduce
AG
I'd sue the faculty and university running this nonsense in court to get a restraining order or allowing proper representation.

Their kangaroo court doesn't deserve to be pretend it's real. Elevate it to the real grown ups.
Not a Bot
AG
hbtheduce said:

I'd sue the faculty and university running this nonsense in court to get a restraining order or allowing proper representation.

Their kangaroo court doesn't deserve to be pretend it's real. Elevate it to the real grown ups.
I'm going down the rabbit hole for some common law rulings on this. I'm pretty sure many, many suits have been filed over these procedures and for the most part they've been upheld.

However, since this involves political speech and not just a mundane accusation of violation of some other policy, there are different constitutional concerns other than just a fair process.
Al Bula
AG
What sort of dingbat do you have to be to get a graduate degree in education to aspire to be a peon in the minitrue brigade at texas A&M?

Hey sharp, unless you get rid of these nonsense wannabe CRT marxists, your donations are gonna dwindle to NOTHING.

Forcing young and the other diversity leftists was a good start, but you gotta get rid of these cockroaches like Jessica Welsch too.
SMM48
AG
What's with the 30.06 reminder?

TChaney
These are Ok though?

Are we sure it's the sign in an above post or was it the below incident referenced?

https://twitter.com/I****aChandel1/status/1323729388135960576
Getting screenshot of the tweet from a girl with a very unfortunate name - will update in a bit

MTTANK
AG
GIG 'EM
erudite
Cactus Jack said:

hbtheduce said:

I'm going down the rabbit hole for some common law rulings on this. I'm pretty sure many, many suits have been filed over these procedures and for the most part they've been upheld.

However, since this involves political speech and not just a mundane accusation of violation of some other policy, there are different constitutional concerns other than just a fair process.
They'll take a page from PA supreme court: "The plaintiff has not suffered an injury". After student gets reprimanded the court will rule its moot and latches doctrine lol.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
PrincessButtercup
AG
MTTANK said:

To my understanding Charlie Kirk with turning point is now involved, as well as the Rudder Foundation.
Charlie Kirk getting involved isn't a good thing. He's a joke. I'm not familiar with the Rudder Foundation, but I hope this student gets some good counsel. It is unbelievable that this student is called to the conduct office when race hoax guy wasn't. Young's last day can't come soon enough.
Waffledynamics
AG
SLAM said:

MTTANK said:

Jessica Welsh was called and won't answer questions about Rule SAP 51.99.99.M0.02. She "did not feel comfortable having a conversation with me about this issue".
I asked for her boss to call me back. Of course she's 'unavailable' today.
Her name is Jaquelyn Upshaw Brown. She's supposed to call back Monday.
My understanding is Jacquelyn is a CRT, Marxist.

>not feel comfortable

Then you ****ing demand that she appear, don't let these mother****ers hide behind this garbage. They want to make a ruling on this then fine, they can do it in person and to a face. If they refuse then threaten them with a lawyer.

These communists need to get the **** out of my school. Make Communists Afraid Again!
BINGO. Stop letting these people get away with "ohh I don't feel safe! I don't feel comfortable!" Own up to your own actions and words!
MTTANK
AG
Really? What's the story there? I donate to turning point currently, but am not that well versed
GIG 'EM
PrincessButtercup
AG
MTTANK said:

Jessica Welsh was called and won't answer questions about Rule SAP 51.99.99.M0.02. She "did not feel comfortable having a conversation with me about this issue".
I asked for her boss to call me back. Of course she's 'unavailable' today.
Her name is Jaquelyn Upshaw Brown. She's supposed to call back Monday.
My understanding is Jacquelyn is a CRT, Marxist.

Where did you get that info about Jacquelyn? I worked with her when I was an advisor at A&M, and she was a wonderful colleague. She was an advisor in the College of Liberal Arts, so CRT is possible, but she didn't come across that way to me.
Stumpknocker
"They are poor little sheep who have lost their way, baaaaa, baaaa, baaaa!"
erudite
PrincessButtercup said:

MTTANK said:

To my understanding Charlie Kirk with turning point is now involved, as well as the Rudder Foundation.
Charlie Kirk getting involved isn't a good thing. He's a joke. I'm not familiar with the Rudder Foundation, but I hope this student gets some good counsel. It is unbelievable that this student is called to the conduct office when race hoax guy wasn't. Young's last day can't come soon enough.
Young is only a symptom. A&M suffers from a malaise of the brain that has spread to the body.
PrincessButtercup
AG
MTTANK said:

Really? What's the story there? I donate to turning point currently, but am not that well versed
It's a long story, but Turning Point isn't an org I would ever, ever suggest anyone donate to. They are very good at marketing, which is nice for the young conservatives movement, but Charlie Kirk and most of the leadership allow a lot of really disgusting behavior to go on. They are not upstanding people, to say the very least.
Hurricane Laura
Maybe this org is getting that $1200 of youngbux?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.