Football Ref Attacked

5,943 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by InfantryAg
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Couldn't find original thread. Here's the outcome: CHARGES

"According to the Monitor, Duron, the team's "star defender," was suspended in the 2019-20 soccer season for an incident similar to the one that took place on Thursday."

(SIAP)
Irish 2.0
Video for reference:
HoustonAggie37713
Liberals will line up with excuses.

"Underage"
"Heat of the moment"
"Refs are part of white privilege"
Irish 2.0
The guy should do time for this crap. It's obvious he's got a disciplinary problem. Not sure I agree with punishing the entire team for this guy's actions though. Seems a bit harsh to remove the team from the playoffs.
74OA
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

Not sure I agree with punishing the entire team for this guy's actions though. Seems a bit harsh to remove the team from the playoffs.
Lack of institutional control, I imagine.
HoustonAggie37713
CreakinDeacon said:

The guy should do time for this crap. It's obvious he's got a disciplinary problem. Not sure I agree with punishing the entire team for this guy's actions though. Seems a bit harsh to remove the team from the playoffs.

Meh. That school allowed two refs to be viciously attacked. Punishment fits crimes.
Buck Turgidson
HoustonAggie37713 said:

"Underage"
"Heat of the moment"
Everything that imposes standards for academic rigor, civilized behavior, or generally non-animalistic behavior is "white privilege". Liberals don't seem to think POC can function in a decent society.
Irish 2.0
74OA said:

CreakinDeacon said:

Not sure I agree with punishing the entire team for this guy's actions though. Seems a bit harsh to remove the team from the playoffs.
It was a single player that did this. The whole team didn't start a brawl or assault the referee. I don't think it is right to push the punishment across the entire team. Those other kids didn't do anything wrong here
74OA
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

74OA said:

CreakinDeacon said:

It was a single player that did this. The whole team didn't start a brawl or assault the referee. I don't think it is right to push the punishment across the entire team. Those other kids didn't do anything wrong here
The coaches failed to control their player. That's part of their job. The school couldn't just shrug and press on. It's also an object lesson to other kids and other teams.
StandUpforAmerica
CreakinDeacon said:

74OA said:

CreakinDeacon said:

They're a team. You win as a team, you lose as a team, and probably should get punished as a team. A harsh lesson is probably in order. It's the same idea as the whole team gets punished when someone messes up in a practice drill.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

74OA said:

CreakinDeacon said:

They are a team. I don't see anything wrong with it. One kid can cause a team to win or lose all the time.

Punishing the team may sound harsh; but that's the best chance you have to ensure other teams will do what they need to to prevent a repeat. Coaches will set expectations ahead of time; they'll make sure they have enough people around to control the next thug.

A team can be disqualified merely if one player wasn't eligible. Teams are punished for individual actions/situations all the time.
BCSWguru
team should suffer some sort of penalty. what's to stop some scrub player from doing this in the future? with no real consequence, these things continue.
Charpie
AG
Why is this here?
Charpie
AG
They did. The ISD pulled them from the playoffs by forfeiting the win
beanbean
HoustonAggie37713 said:

"Underage"
"Heat of the moment"
This is story came across my facebook feed and I decided to take a peak at the comments. Someone in the comment section urges everyone to not jump to conclusions because...."We don't know the whole story, there is no telling what the ref said to him to make him react that way."
74OA
AG
Charpie said:

Why is this here?
You should have asked that question during the earlier original post and long discussion of this incident.

There are "state of society" posts here all the time.
Pelayo
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Debt
Good technique, adequate closing speed, but lousy follow through.

7/10
Line Ate Member
AG
Lol dude looked like he was in street clothes/injured already. What an idiot.
The Debt
I think its funny that a lineman is chasing him down to try and head him off.
jhn109
74OA said:

Charpie said:

Why is this here?
You should have asked that question during the earlier original post and long discussion of this incident.

There are "state of society" posts here all the time.
This is one action from one person. How is this representative of society at large? How many HS kids go through football games without doing something this stupid.

This kid needs to be punished, probably with some sort of assault and battery charge and no longer allowed to play. Don't try to make this into a bigger issue.
PCC_80
AG
Quote:

"According to the Monitor, Duron, the team's "star defender," was suspended in the 2019-20 soccer season for an incident similar to the one that took place on Thursday."
Should never been given a second chance. This is now on the coach for allowing him back on the field.
Charpie
AG
Still doesn't mean it belongs here.

It's not really a state of society. This kind of crap happened a lot in South Texas. I am a product of PSJA High. Here is a list of crap that happened and where in the RGV.

• 1980 - McHi had guys break into the school and cause thousands of $$$ in damage by releasing tear gas throughout the school. Several dudes were arrested.
  • 1981 - Mission High - PSJA plays them at Tom Landry Stadium. They set up tear gas canisters underneath the bleachers where the drill team and band are playing. When the band and drill team head to their busses, they were pummeled with bricks and sticks wrapped in barbed wire. As a result, anytime a band or drill team travels in the RGV, they have to put their uniform bags up over the windows, and are forced to keep their windows UP until you're on the freeway.
  • My high school has had the reputation for having the worst fights. Kids have been shanked, teachers have had their hair set on fire, etc. All gang related. This has been going on since the 70's.

When this broke yesterday, everyone from the Valley laughed about it, because it wasn't shocking.

So for us, this isn't new. This is a product of a bunch of poor people acting foolish. And that's why a lot of us don't have a desire to go back.
Bobaloo
Kid is gonna look great in orange one day...
Ags4DaWin
HoustonAggie37713 said:

"Underage"
"Heat of the moment"

Ref is hispanic
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
74OA said:

(SIAP)
He's part of the swamp.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
annie88
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

74OA said:

CreakinDeacon said:

I don't either. They had no idea he would do something like that.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
annie88
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

"Underage"
"Heat of the moment"

Ref is hispanic

Whoosh. Right over your head.
Magic City Wings
StandUpforAmerica said:

CreakinDeacon said:

74OA said:

CreakinDeacon said:

They're a team. You win as a team, you lose as a team, and probably should get punished as a team. A harsh lesson is probably in order. It's the same idea as the whole team gets punished when someone messes up in a practice drill.

Growing up I always thought getting punished for stupid **** others did or others getting punished for **** I did was the dumbest thing ever.
annie88
AG
annie88 said:

CreakinDeacon said:

74OA said:

CreakinDeacon said:

I don't either. They had no idea he would do something like that. And step of them chased him to try and stop him.
Fenrir
Charpie said:

It's not really a state of society. This kind of crap happened a lot in South Texas. I am a product of PSJA High. Here is a list of crap that happened and where in the RGV.

• 1980 - McHi had guys break into the school and cause thousands of $$$ in damage by releasing tear gas throughout the school. Several dudes were arrested.
  • 1981 - Mission High - PSJA plays them at Tom Landry Stadium. They set up tear gas canisters underneath the bleachers where the drill team and band are playing. When the band and drill team head to their busses, they were pummeled with bricks and sticks wrapped in barbed wire. As a result, anytime a band or drill team travels in the RGV, they have to put their uniform bags up over the windows, and are forced to keep their windows UP until you're on the freeway.
  • My high school has had the reputation for having the worst fights. Kids have been shanked, teachers have had their hair set on fire, etc. All gang related. This has been going on since the 70's.

When this broke yesterday, everyone from the Valley laughed about it, because it wasn't shocking.

So for us, this isn't new. This is a product of a bunch of poor people acting foolish. And that's why a lot of us don't have a desire to go back.
Not sure the second sentence really supports the first.
stetson
AG
Meh, he was protesting fascism.
91AggieLawyer
AG
74OA said:

(SIAP)
Why did you give a thumbs up?
AGHouston11
AG
Well he probably will be appointed to a commission to study oppression. Then hopefully he has a safe space reserved only for African Americans on campus to be able to go to like the Aggies have.
OldArmyBrent
AG
Charpie said:

I thought you were from Missouri?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.