House votes to legalize pot

9,334 Views | 213 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GE
Patriot101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agsalaska said:

Patriot101 said:

agsalaska said:

So what's your point man??

Would you support legalizing pot or not?

Why would I post all of those scripture passages that appear to me to be against prohibition? Weed is not a controlled or controlling substance.

We didn't have corn or potatoes in the old world. MJ appears to have been in the old world or something similar. But nothing like it was growing in the way it was in the new world.

Ok. Fair. Sorry. I got confused reading all that scripture

It's cool. They are very clear.
AggieDub14
AG
GE said:

Old McDonald said:

per the article republicans are 50-50 on weed legalization

can any conservatives make a case for why they think it should remain illegal? seems like a slam dunk political win. as far as i can tell is just seems like weed is perceived as a "liberal hippie" thing and they can't bear to see libs get something they want even if it makes sense from a conservative political standpoint. that or they still buy into all the war on drugs propaganda.
I think it being illegal is better than this law. This law will increase the size of the federal government and introduce a tax that doesnt currently exist. Better than both would be to simply remove the law making it illegal in the first place.

You'd prefer a black market then over a tax on a current black market good?
InfantryAg
AG
AggieDub14 said:

there will still be a black market.
Stumpknocker
Just make it legal in Oklahoma so I don't have to drive all the way to Trinidad, CO.

2/3 of folks in line at stores in Trinidad are from Texas. Helping to overfund their school system.
GE
AG
AggieDub14 said:

GE said:

Old McDonald said:

per the article republicans are 50-50 on weed legalization

can any conservatives make a case for why they think it should remain illegal? seems like a slam dunk political win. as far as i can tell is just seems like weed is perceived as a "liberal hippie" thing and they can't bear to see libs get something they want even if it makes sense from a conservative political standpoint. that or they still buy into all the war on drugs propaganda.
I think it being illegal is better than this law. This law will increase the size of the federal government and introduce a tax that doesnt currently exist. Better than both would be to simply remove the law making it illegal in the first place.

Yes, especially an unenforced one. Right now there is a flourishing cannabis industry growing every election. Federal government will totally screw that up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.