PA Judge Blocks Certification?

3,458 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TRADUCTOR
HarryJ33tamu
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://www.scribd.com/document/485797248/620-MD-2020-Order-Nov-25

I thought they already certified?
aggiehawg
AG
I'm confused too. But this is in state court not federal and appears unrelated to the Trump campaign.
HarryJ33tamu
From Tigerdroppings:

"SOS has to certify and then send to state for approval.

It is a 2 step process..."

Paragraph 1 enjoins the final steps of certification from being completed;

Paragraph 2 enjoins the certification of outstanding results.
Ag87H2O
AG
zgolfz85
AG
I have little hope left, but it's still there. After just reading an article claiming trump must be prosecuted for all of his many "crimes" while in office to unify us, I want the world to burn.

In said article, it said the impeachment case had "overwhelming evidence" and that the dems were simply outmaneuvered lol.
hbtheduce
AG
aggiehawg said:

I'm confused too. But this is in state court not federal and appears unrelated to the Trump campaign.

My untrained opinion is a state injunction is stronger and more legitimate than a federal one. The GOP in AZ, GA, and PA were always going to be the ones to do the heavy lifting, because it's THEIR election and THEIR election officials.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
HarryJ33tamu
Faustus
Evidentiary hearing this Friday.

(Edited - case isn't about fraud)

BMX Bandit
I believe this is the case that argues the mail in voting passed by Pennsylvania is invalid because it required amendment to PA constitution.

Don't know what other claims they have in the case
aggiehawg
AG
Faustus said:

Evidentiary hearing this Friday.

I think this is great. Weigh the evidence, and if there's fraud root it out, and if not the board will agree and we'll move on.

Don't think this is a fraud case. This case is about the constitutionality of Pennsylvania statute Act 77.
Faustus
My error.

This is an interesting turn of events then.
Shakes the Clown
HTownAg98
The order does nothing. Certification has already happened and been perfected. Any other administrative things done later are outside of the scope of certification.
Sarge 91
AG
HTownAg98 said:

The order does nothing. Certification has already happened and been perfected. Any other administrative things done later are outside of the scope of certification.
Wrong. Until the certificate of ascertainment signed by Gov. Wolf is transmitted to the National Archives, the election is not fully certified.
HTownAg98
The governor already did that.
Sarge 91
AG
HTownAg98 said:

The governor already did that.
I could find no news story that stated the transmittal to the archives had taken place. Only that Wolf had signed off.
HTownAg98
https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2020/11/24/pennsylvania-certifies-biden-winner-presidential-vote/
Sarge 91
AG
HTownAg98 said:

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2020/11/24/pennsylvania-certifies-biden-winner-presidential-vote/
Fair enough. I stand corrected.
BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit
Don't believe this case has any fraud allegations
hbtheduce
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Don't believe this case has any fraud allegations

Fraud is not the legal hurdle needed. A good faith error, or unconstitutional policy could have included thousands of illegal votes.
BMX Bandit
I know.

Pointing that out beside people are already using this as evidence fraud occurred. This case had nothing to do with Dominion or ballot stuffing allegations
unmade bed
BMX Bandit said:

Isnt this issue already pending before the PA Supreme Court?
Maury Ballstein
Shot

Still confusing primary ballots and general election figures

Chaser
hbtheduce
AG
BMX Bandit said:

I know.

Pointing that out beside people are already using this as evidence fraud occurred. This case had nothing to do with Dominion or ballot stuffing allegations

I agree. I apologize for pouncing on you. Colloquially, I think describing a judge snd SOS writing VBM laws out of thin air as "fraudulent" is common. Using more precise language is important in these matters.
HTownAg98
unmade bed said:

BMX Bandit said:

Isnt this issue already pending before the PA Supreme Court?

Yes, this case is a direct appeal to the PA Supreme Court. The judge is required to issue an opinion in support of the TRO. That's what this is.
TRADUCTOR
BMX Bandit said:

I know.

It's a comorbidity of ballot stuffing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.