'People of color' move to the front of the line, please

13,335 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rascal
Rascal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

I expected this. Blacks have been elevated as the pinnacle race in this country this year and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. No other race matters now.

Prime example is watching commercials this last weekend and you would think blacks were 80% of the population. Families are not allowed to be represented as all white anymore, clearly. Every family I saw in a commercial was either all black or mixed race with white guy and black woman with bi-racial kids if they had them.

It was almost incredible how unrealistic commercials do not represent the real America. I've never seen it so blatantly manipulated.
My favorite is the ORVIS catalogue that I get in the mail (weekly for some reason) where there are prominently featured POC dressed in fishing and hunting gear. Not that POC do not hunt and fish nor enjoy the outdoors, but the proportionality of it all is quite humorous even after you factor out the ridiculous metrosexual models they are using in general.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Rascal said:

it really does feel like that images that I most align with (pasty white blonde males) are at the bottom of the pecking order!!!!
That's tragic bro. I genuinely feel bad for you. At least I can tan rather than burn.
WolfCall
AG
Quote:

'People of color' move to the front of the line, please
Ghost91
Unreal. The first to receive the vaccine will be health care workers, immediately followed by "communities that have been disproportionately affected by the virus, including minorities and people of color".
Aren't there groups of people disproportionately affected by the Left?
thirdcoast
AG
Actually monkeys were first in line during animal testing, now blacks will test it for humans. Once its safe, whites can take it.
South Platte
As if I was going to get in the front of the line anyway. Bunch of liberal scientists rush their way through a vaccine process and you expect me to inject myself with it because they tell me to?

I'm certainly not anti-vax, far from it, but I don't get flu shots and will be waiting to see if this actually works before I jump in the lake.
Horn On a Hot Tin Roof
Ghost91 said:

Unreal. The first to receive the vaccine will be health care workers, immediately followed by "communities that have been disproportionately affected by the virus, including minorities and people of color".

May I ask what the source of this quote is? I'd like to read it in context.
Ghost91
Horn On a Hot Tin Roof said:

Ghost91 said:

May I ask what the source of this quote is? I'd like to read it in context.

From page 2:
I saw it while watching local news (Channel 13, Houston). First they said the bit about health care workers first, then they cut to two press conferences in which the exact quote that I referenced was stated word for word - first speaker was some state health official. Second speaker was Mayor Sylvester Turner. Both stated - crystal clear - that "disproportionately affected communities....including people of color" will be next.
Muy
AG
So people who eat poorly and develop diabetes are unfairly treated and deserve the vaccine first.... so they can continue to eat poorly.
Ghost91
Cassius said:

agjacent said:

GMM said:

Wow. Some of you don't even pretend to hide your racism.
This thread is beyond embarrassing. The comments from posters who are bothered by seeing interracial couples in advertisements is.... telling. "I'm just upset that it's not representative of America!" Sure, Jan.

Also, just because YOU may live in an area with very few interracial couples doesn't mean there aren't places in this country where interracial couples are commonplace.

That's a stupid post.

Nobody is upset with it because of race, Einstein!. It just doesn't represent reality. But you reject that because of your own racist bias!

No, its not commonplace. Not at all! Its waaaaayy less than percentage of TGs and gays and the media would have us believe every 3rd person is gay or TG.

Exactly. I keep wondering if libs REALLY think that all the forced diversity in commercials makes us conservatives mad because we have to look at mixed race/gays/whatever, or if they actually know that isn't the reason and are just pretending.
I put this in the same category of libs who claim that border control is "racist" and then pretend not to hear us asking "do you not understand 'legal' versus 'illegal' immigration?". Always thought it was so weird that they pretend not to hear that point.
I think it's the same with the commercials thing.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Sounds like another Tuskegee experiment.
Rascal
AG
Good point.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.