'People of color' move to the front of the line, please

13,342 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rascal
fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd rather go ahead and test it out on some other demographic.
Maacus
Cassius said:

Bunk Moreland said:

K

What does that mean? You ok with obvious racist distribution?
Yes he is.
Bunk Moreland
Maacus said:

Cassius said:

Bunk Moreland said:

K

Yes he is.

Sorry I didn't have you on my approved list of people who can speak for me. Please delete.
geoag58
AG
Foamcows said:

fast forward 20 years and people will be claiming there are long term side effects and that the government tested this on minorities first
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
Strategy
AG
Can't you identify as anything you want or is that party over now?
TequilaMockingbird
So blacks will be the guinea pigs?
Rip*91
AG
Tim The Toolman said:

YouBet said:

agjacent said:

Y'all should complain about interracial couples more. I'm sure that's exactly the kind of content Texags ownership just loves to see in the forums.
Point sailed over your head. I have zero issues with interracial couples.

The issue I have is the America presented in these commercials is not remotely equivalent to real life. Ironic, considering how the left complains about companies, organizations, shows, etc need to reflect real demographics.

So, naturally, they swing the complete other direction and now white people are an extreme minority based on commercials.

But why does it matter what races are depicted in the commercials? Maybe businesses finally caught on they've capped themselves in terms of market share with white people and they're now trying to capture more clients?

Commercials aren't meant to portray how America looks or operates, they're meant to drive money to the bottom line. If they weren't effective in some way companies would stop burning money on advertising.

And before you come in and say "Well I'll stop doing business with these companies!", the companies have done the research and math that maybe for every 1 person that boycotts them for stupid stuff like this, they're gaining at least 1+ person back.

Makes a lot of sense. Go after the 13% and ignore the rest! You must have been a marketing major with this intelligence.
DCAggie13y
AG
I've been listening to a lot of podcasts with black guests and they are far more skeptical of vaccines than other communities. Given the history of medical expirementation on black people, I doubt they will be lining up for these vaccines.

They will likely need to force them to take them. It will be really interesting to see the SJW heads explode when trying to decide if black people should be forcefully vaccinated against their will.
Rockdoc
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Cassius said:

Bunk Moreland said:

K

No. It means the OP posted some rant and claim with zero citation and I gave a worthy response to it.

Additionally, I'll be happy to let literally every human on earth be in line in front of me. Just 4 weeks ago this board was full of internet tough guys mocking the idea of being forced to take a vaccine and now they're upset some might get it before them?

Cool. Yall fight it out to see who's first.

K
Bunk Moreland
Rockdoc said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Cassius said:

Bunk Moreland said:

K

No. It means the OP posted some rant and claim with zero citation and I gave a worthy response to it.

Additionally, I'll be happy to let literally every human on earth be in line in front of me. Just 4 weeks ago this board was full of internet tough guys mocking the idea of being forced to take a vaccine and now they're upset some might get it before them?

K

What does that mean? You ok with obvious ****ty threads on Texags?
Rockdoc
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Rockdoc said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Cassius said:

Bunk Moreland said:

K

K

K
BigRobSA
Everybody can have my dose of sniffles vaccine.

I'm good with my working immune system and lack of ****s to give.
neAGle96
AG
atmtws said:

YouBet said:

I expected this. Blacks have been elevated as the pinnacle race in this country this year and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. No other race matters now.

Prime example is watching commercials this last weekend and you would think blacks were 80% of the population. Families are not allowed to be represented as all white anymore, clearly. Every family I saw in a commercial was either all black or mixed race with white guy and black woman with bi-racial kids if they had them.

It was almost incredible how unrealistic commercials do not represent the real America. I've never seen it so blatantly manipulated.
Turn. It. Off.

Until all of you idiots quit paying for the channels/products/companies that are pushing this crap, it'll keep going.

Wake TF up. Money talks.

Absolutely. We don't watch the news, any of the 3 major networks, or ESPN (I reluctantly turn on the SECN when they have the Ag game).

FattyDelights
Lol - black folks still looking for that handout from every other race. Sad. The black community can grow the **** up, have some pride and join every other race that can provide for themselves. Or they can continue to scream and cry about how they don't have it equal - typical.

Bunk Moreland
Rockdoc said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Rockdoc said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Cassius said:

Bunk Moreland said:

K

K

K

Your posting skills are as good as Trump's legal team.
DCAggie13y
AG
FattyDelights said:

Lol - black folks still looking for that handout from every other race. Sad. The black community can grow the **** up, have some pride and join every other race that can provide for themselves.

Most black folks aren't asking for handouts. This is mostly coming from guilt stricken college educated white women.
Rockdoc
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Rockdoc said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Rockdoc said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Cassius said:

Bunk Moreland said:

K

K

K

Your posting skills are as good as Trump's legal team.

K
FattyDelights
Gumby said:

FattyDelights said:

Lol - black folks still looking for that handout from every other race. Sad. The black community can grow the **** up, have some pride and join every other race that can provide for themselves.

Most black folks aren't asking for handouts. This is mostly coming from guilt stricken college educated white women.

Yeah keep telling yourself that.
Cromagnum
AG
bmks270 said:

Imagine for a moment zip codes with the highest number of cases per 100,000 get priority for the vaccine.

If those zip codes happen to have a lot of minorities then the policy isn't really racists.

If minority communities have more cases then it makes sense for them to get priority for mitigation measures such as a vaccine.

The community with the highest number of cases will have herd immunity sooner. Why would the same communities need a vaccine at that point?
YouBet
AG
Rip*66 said:

Tim The Toolman said:

YouBet said:

agjacent said:

Y'all should complain about interracial couples more. I'm sure that's exactly the kind of content Texags ownership just loves to see in the forums.
Point sailed over your head. I have zero issues with interracial couples.

The issue I have is the America presented in these commercials is not remotely equivalent to real life. Ironic, considering how the left complains about companies, organizations, shows, etc need to reflect real demographics.

So, naturally, they swing the complete other direction and now white people are an extreme minority based on commercials.

But why does it matter what races are depicted in the commercials? Maybe businesses finally caught on they've capped themselves in terms of market share with white people and they're now trying to capture more clients?

Commercials aren't meant to portray how America looks or operates, they're meant to drive money to the bottom line. If they weren't effective in some way companies would stop burning money on advertising.

And before you come in and say "Well I'll stop doing business with these companies!", the companies have done the research and math that maybe for every 1 person that boycotts them for stupid stuff like this, they're gaining at least 1+ person back.

Makes a lot of sense. Go after the 13% and ignore the rest! You must have been a marketing major with this intelligence.

I can't see Tims post for some reason but the obvious answer to him is that this is all clearly virtue signaling considering everything that has happened this year.

That's all this is.
Ghost91
Chamonix said:

OP, you got a link to this?

I saw it while watching local news (Channel 13, Houston). First they said the bit about health care workers first, then they cut to two press conferences in which the exact quote that I referenced was stated word for word - first speaker was some state health official. Second speaker was Mayor Sylvester Turner. Both stated - crystal clear - that "disproportionately affected communities....including people of color" will be next.
PCC_80
AG
I expect that if Biden is sworn in that he will quickly change vaccine distribution to highly favor Blue States. The rational will be complete BS, but TX, OK, Bama, Miss, Dakotas, etc will move to the end of the line and may not see the vaccine for a year. The Dems play a different game and it is for keeps.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Ghost91 said:

Unreal. The first to receive the vaccine will be health care workers, immediately followed by "communities that have been disproportionately affected by the virus, including minorities and people of color".

I bet it'll be free, too. Whitey's shot will cost $300 a pop.

According to?
Tone2002
I find it hard pressed to believe that THE Blacks are going to line up for this vaccine. Not going to happen.
riverrataggie
AG
Tone2002 said:

I find it hard pressed to believe that THE Blacks are going to line up for this vaccine. Not going to happen.

Nope. According the ones pushing the vaccine, they can't even find their way to photo ID.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Ghost91 said:

Chamonix said:

I saw it while watching local news (Channel 13, Houston). First they said the bit about health care workers first, then they cut to two press conferences in which the exact quote that I referenced was stated word for word - first speaker was some state health official. Second speaker was Mayor Sylvester Turner. Both stated - crystal clear - that "disproportionately affected communities....including people of color" will be next.

Please share that link with us.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Ghost91 said:

Chamonix said:

The mayor of Linkland posts again.
MaroonDynasty
Black people aint takin no vaccine lol.

Come on man!
Ghost91
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Ghost91 said:

Chamonix said:

I've already said that I simply watched it live on Houston news. Old school. Probably a link on the KPRC Channel 13 website, but I'm not gonna go dig it up for you.
Dad
AG
I don't like basing anything on skin tone, but maybe letting people in these poorer communities regardless of skin color go earlier is a good idea. Poor people have much less square footage per person in their homes, which is where the majority of the spread is occurring.

I grew up poor and now I'm definitely not rich now but my house has 6 times as much square footage per person than the one I grew up in. I think it is a lot easier to isolate if sick in a larger home which probably means poor people are getting it at much higher rates.
rab79
AG
Foamcows said:

fast forward 20 years and people will be claiming there are long term side effects and that the government tested this on minorities first
race baiters already demanding that the gov prove that the vaccine isn't another Tuskegee experiment.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Gumby said:

FattyDelights said:

Wish I could give that post more stars - Truth.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Tone2002 said:

It's going to be real funny when they set aside 10 Million Covid-19 vaccine units for Black folks and only about 100 get used.

The other 9,999,900 might get traded or sold or just left to spoil but there's no chance they get used.

I'm with BigRob no this one - I'm not taking any Covid-19 vaccine. Unless they do something stupid like start requiring it for air travel or staying in a hotel, etc. I might reconsider if that was the case.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Dad said:

I don't like basing anything on skin tone, but maybe letting people in these poorer communities regardless of skin color go earlier is a good idea. Poor people have much less square footage per person in their homes, which is where the majority of the spread is occurring.

I grew up poor and now I'm definitely not rich now but my house has 6 times as much square footage per person than the one I grew up in. I think it is a lot easier to isolate if sick in a larger home which probably means poor people are getting it at much higher rates.
On a sq. ft. per person basis, I'm rich for sure because my 1200+ sq. ft. empty nest, 3 bd 2 ba stucco house is about 50 sq. ft. bigger than the double wide I lived but, I'm not doing it with a family of six.
oldarmy1
AG
I won't ever be in line, so it's irrelevant to me. That said, I wouldn't want to be the first in line taking a new vaccine regardless. Maybe it's an insult.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.