Black Rifle Coffee disavows Kyle Rittenhouse

13,848 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by thirdcoast
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here s the statement in full:

Quote:

A Statement from CEO Evan Hafer on Black Rifle Coffee Company's Mission
As a veteran-owned and operated coffee company, Black Rifle Coffee Company exists to serve premium coffee while supporting the veteran Community. At the core of Black Rifle Coffee's values is to support and bring awareness to the millions of veterans who have proudly served our nation and we will not waver from that mission.
The Black Rifle brand is a symbol of service, of strength, and of goodness that has carried over from our military origins. It's why we support active duty service members and veterans, prioritize veteran hiring, and advocate for individual liberty and personal responsibility.
We do not support legal advocacy efforts. We do not sponsor nor do we have a relationship with the 17-year-old facing charges in Kenosha, WI.
We believe in the integrity of the legal justice system, and support law enforcement officials.
We're grateful for the continued support of the Black Rifle Coffee community and eager to continue serving those who serve.
-Evan Hafer, CEO/Founder

Just so everyone sees the full statement.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, npublic debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
Cassius
rgag12 said:

Most dem companies would come out guns blazing if it was a dem or a dem protected group (see Breonna Taylor and other criminals from this past summer).

What they did isn't wrong, they have no official ties to Rittenhouse. But it's be nice if they did come out and support him, it's not like they are going to alienate a bunch of libs drinking their coffee

How about simply rejecting the assertion that he's a domestic terrorist? Whoever responded on their Twitter is an idiot.
lil99chris
AG
Are the owners of Black Rifle Coffee in the picture with Rittenhouse or is he just wearing the company's shirt?

If the statement is due to him wearing the shirt, I can understand the disclaimer (although with a little grey area due to the events that made Rittenhouse a household name).
TriAg2010
AG
BigRobSA said:

1) They could/should have worded it differently to show support of the idea of self-defense while also stating that he hasn't been convicted of anything.

2) This is why "social" media is abhorrent and a taint on humanity.

3) See #2.

Why should they have done this? It would inconsistent with the mission, values, and policies their CEO articulated in the press release. I suppose it's fine if you believe the CEO should operate his company differently.
BDub3
AG
SLAM said:

BDub3 said:

For a group that hates cancel culture, the right sure does a lot of canceling.

If this is how the game is going to be played then so be it. If you don't actively support us, then goodbye.
Ah yes, the "We have a philosophical system superior to our enemy, and therefore we must become like our enemy to defeat them" plan. That always works.
NCNJ1217
AG
This thread is a good example of what is wrong with Twitter.

The statement brc put out was not all-encompassing, and didn't have additional nuance or explanation, yet others added their own interpretation which may or may not reflect brc's true stance. And those statements themselves, being short and not all-encompassing, are themselves subject to Interpretation which may or may not be accurate.
oneeyedag
Their coffee sucks!

Dunkin, 7-Eleven, Buccees, and a whole host of there are better!
BigRobSA
TriAg2010 said:

BigRobSA said:

1) They could/should have worded it differently to show support of the idea of self-defense while also stating that he hasn't been convicted of anything.

2) This is why "social" media is abhorrent and a taint on humanity.

3) See #2.

Why should they have done this? It would inconsistent with the mission, values, and policies their CEO articulated in the press release. I suppose it's fine if you believe the CEO should operate his company differently.

I was speaking to the Twitter-pated text.

His press release is exactly what I'd have said.
BigRobSA
NCNJ1217 said:

This thread is a good example of what is wrong with Twitter.

The statement brc put out was not all-encompassing, and didn't have additional nuance or explanation, yet others added their own interpretation which may or may not reflect brc's true stance. And those statements themselves, being short and not all-encompassing, are themselves subject to Interpretation which may or may not be accurate.

This.

Twitter, like FB, and all other "social" media is *****
Ag00Ag
AG
Quote:

B-1 83 said:
"We did not sponsor nor do we have a relationship with the 17-year-old facing charges in Kenosha, WI."

That is a far cry from "disavowing" Rittenhouse or not supporting the 2A.

This.

Then no statement should have been made. As the statement stands, with out some additional mention of support, then it certainly appears to me that they specifically do not support him. Which is a shame.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Sex Panther said:

No clue how you reached that conclusion from their statement

Can we leave cancel culture and "eating their own" to the left?
Furthermore, I'd never heard of this company before the pic started circling. Now I'm supposed to boycott them because some internet warriors don't like a perfectly strait forward statement? I love living in an age when I learn about new companies on a regular basis for the sole purpose of boycotts.
combat wombat™
AG
I support Rittemhouse. However, these people have a business to run. They did not disavow him. Basically stated they have no relationship with him, which is accurate. There's awful lot of butthurt over nothing in here.
TexAgs91
AG
Well I doubt they did "sponsor" him or have any kind of "relationship" with him.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
SLAM
BDub3 said:

SLAM said:

BDub3 said:

For a group that hates cancel culture, the right sure does a lot of canceling.

If this is how the game is going to be played then so be it. If you don't actively support us, then goodbye.
Ah yes, the "We have a philosophical system superior to our enemy, and therefore we must become like our enemy to defeat them" plan. That always works.

If you fight your enemies they win! - Justin Trudeau.
SLAM
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/utah-coffee-company-faces-backlash-pulls-podcast-sponsorship-after-kyle-rittenhouse-pictured-wearing-their-t-shirt

Quote:

SALT LAKE CITY -- A Utah-based coffee company says it will end its sponsorship of a Blaze Media podcast after the host shared a photo of Kyle Rittenhouse wearing a T-shirt with the company's logo, according to a report from The Salt Lake Tribune.

Elijah Schaffer, a reporter at Blaze Media, tweeted a since-removed photo of the 17-year-old wearing a Black Rifle Coffee Company shirt with the caption, "Kyle Rittenhouse drinks the best coffee in America." The teenager, accused of killing two people during protests in Wisconsin in August, was released Friday after supporters raised his $2 million bail.

Schaffer's podcast, "Slightly Offens*ve," was sponsored by Black Rifle, but a spokesperson for the coffee company told the Tribune that it is terminating that relationship.

Lol, withdrawing support of a podcast for sharing a picture. Turns out they were just larpers, but this was always obvious from their over the top commercials.

Now they are saying they didn't do this:

What a ****show. The comments are all hilarious. Black Rifle has pulled a Fox News.
black_ice
Bunk Moreland said:

Q predicted this.

Citation?
BigRobSA
Rittenhouse only killed two people?

Planned Parenthood calls that a slow second.
beanbean
Meh. I'll just keep buying Dunkin' beans for $10 a bag cheaper anyway.
Chamonix
PeekingDuck said:

Did you actually read their statement?

Yea I did. It says we don't support legal advocacy efforts. Which they don't. They didn't take a side in this issue and are stating facts. Some of y'all need to lighten up
Eliminatus
AG
It must be awful to be a business owner these days. We hem and haw here about companies getting political and then get all flustered when one of them tries to stay neutral during a "when did you stop beating your wife?" trap.

I love y'all (most of y'all) but this is ridiculous.
StingLikeABee
black_ice said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Q predicted this.

Citation?

Source: the bum living under the bridge, high on bath salts and malt liquor. He is quite trustworthy.
Cassius
After reading a few levels deep, it seems they are not pulling money from The Blaze, but are in talks about preventing their ad money from being used by Schaeffer or on ads where Rittenhouse is involved. The Blaze decides how to distribute the money they get from BRCC.
SLAM
Cassius said:

After reading a few levels deep, it seems they are not pulling money from The Blaze, but are in talks about preventing their ad money from being used by Schaeffer or on ads where Rittenhouse is involved. The Blaze decides how to distribute the money they get from BRCC.

Which is actually worse lol. ****ing larpers.
Rapier108
OP clearly has something against BRCC that predates all of this.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Ags4DaWin
1) The wording "facing charges" is different from "who allegedly".

2) Did not see an outright statement supporting 2nd amendment rights or the right to self defense.

See my other post as to why this company sucks. If you are going to be apolitical, be apolitical. Don't pretend to have morals or take a moral stand if ur gonna tuck tail and run the second the rubber hits the road.
Eliminatus
AG
Rapier108 said:

OP clearly has something against BRCC that predates all of this.

BRCC is one of those random group triggers. You mention the name and people jump over each other and go out of their way to exclaim, "Well their coffee SUCKS". Usually by people who don't know anything/care about coffee in the first place.

Price you pay for having a strong willed branding I guess though.
Ulrich
They've built their whole brand off of being pro-2A and pro military. Plenty of over-the-top marketing videos of the founders carrying rifles and joking about liberals.

It's a little odd that they put out a statement about a 2A controversy that talked about being pro-military and didn't mention gun rights or self-defense at all.

This doesn't outrage me or anything, but it's something to keep an eye on. These guys might not be as serious about gun rights as they claimed.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
SLAM said:

Don't buy from them:

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/pages/official-statement-kenosha

They have disavowed Kyle Rittenhouse.

This is who you should be buying from:

I agree with this tweet:

Why in the world would Black Rifle Coffee do this? The only people who were buying their coffee were exactly the same people who supported Rittenhouse. I'm not sure I've ever seen a company blow up their own business this badly. I doubt they have a single left wing supporter at all. Just truly amazing decision-making here.

Nobody is ever conservative enough for this board. At some point, the natives turn on them for not being conservative enough. They eat their own like the French Revolution.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
OP, I haven't ever placed an order with black rifle coffee but you have inspired me to do so today. I follow them and like their skits but hadn't actually paid them money ever.

That changes today because you're being a Karen. They should thank you for your promotion. There's nothing wrong with their statement and you're being over dramatic about it.
FrioAg 00
AG
SLAM said:

Don't buy from them:

I agree with this tweet:

Why in the world would Black Rifle Coffee do this? The only people who were buying their coffee were exactly the same people who supported Rittenhouse. I'm not sure I've ever seen a company blow up their own business this badly. I doubt they have a single left wing supporter at all. Just truly amazing decision-making here.

Damn, they just lost my recurring biweekly purchase.
Eliminatus
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

SLAM said:

Don't buy from them:

I agree with this tweet:

Damn, they just lost my recurring biweekly purchase.

Then you just let a leftist Brit with a single ridiculous drive by twitter post bend you to his will and indulge in cancel culture. A Brit who already has a history against "that racist Rittenhouse".

Congrats.
black_ice
You let a Brit Marxist influence you. Congrats.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TRADUCTOR
Oh no they didn't... order just dropped, return email goes out today.

Idiots
oneeyedag
When the intern has to make a phone call to the CEO on a Sunday, it's never a good outcome!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.