Where is the Dominion Defamation Lawsuit?

3,543 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Im Gipper
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mucho austin
AG
Discovery scares them
TexAgs91
AG
Where is Dominion period? They're a no show at a Pennsylvania hearing
"Freedom is never more than one election away from extinction"
Fight! Fight! Fight!
M-K-TAG
AG
They are shredding documents now supposedly...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2020/11/20/sidney-powell-larry-oconnor-n2580458
ttu_85
Where is their election day source code. Demand it.
cbr
AG
truth is an absolute defense.
MaroonDynasty
Lawyered Up.

FriscoKid
AG
I heard that they vacated their offices and are in the process of legally changing their name. I didn't look into it, but that's what I heard on the radio.
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
Dorm 15
AG
I thought Dominion claimed that they were preparing to defend the suit that Sidney Powell said she was going to file.
FriscoKid
AG
Maybe they are just calling a lid?
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
black_ice
Any updates?
74Ag1
AG
EX TEXASEX
Mucho austin said:

Discovery scares them
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MiserlyGlitteringHamster-mobile.mp4
#FJB
AGHouston11
AG
Ask Dana Perino as she thought it was a great idea.
Bush Family on Fox spokesperson.
Panama Red
AG
Ask and you shall receive.

Suit filed against Rudy Guliani.

https://dnyuz.com/2021/01/25/rudy-giuliani-sued-by-dominion-voting-systems-over-false-election-claims/
MouthBQ98
AG
Are they suing for an injunction or can they show damages, like they lost a contract or something?
Panama Red
AG
According to the Complaint, they are seeking money for the cost of security they had to hire, other out of pocket expenses associated with fighting the alleged defamatory comments, and lost contracts. They also want general damages for defamation per se and punitive damages.

Here is the Complaint. Its 107 pages, but lots of pictures so should be a quick read at the first Monday trip to the john:

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.226485/gov.uscourts.dcd.226485.1.0_1.pdf
aggiehawg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Are they suing for an injunction or can they show damages, like they lost a contract or something?
1.3 billion in damages, same amount as they claimed against Sidney.
MouthBQ98
AG
Sounds like some lawyers are going to make money and a pathetic settlement will result.
aggiehawg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Sounds like some lawyers are going to make money and a pathetic settlement will result.
It occurred to me (haven't read the complaint yet) that they sued Rudy to prevent him from being a potential witness at the impeachment trial? They asked for a gag order against Sidney so I assume they did the same to Rudy. And last week he clarified that he would not be acting as Trump's lawyer because he would also be a witness at trial, conflicted out.

Now compulsory process is usually an exception to a gag order but if he is not under a court or Senate subpoena?
Cassius
ttu_85 said:

Where is their election day source code. Demand it.

For the presidential election, I would expect the extent of it to be this...

x++

But yeah, they have some really sophisticated algo...
sanangelo
AG
74Ag1 said:

"This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated."

Where are these 'too dangerous to see' videos? Youtube stinks.
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
blacksox
Wow. That complaint really makes Rudy look like a lying grifter. I didn't know he was using his platform as a Trump lawyer to sell cigars, arthritis pills and cyber protection plans.
blacksox
aggiehawg said:

MouthBQ98 said:

It occurred to me (haven't read the complaint yet) that they sued Rudy to prevent him from being a potential witness at the impeachment trial? They asked for a gag order against Sidney so I assume they did the same to Rudy. And last week he clarified that he would not be acting as Trump's lawyer because he would also be a witness at trial, conflicted out.

Now compulsory process is usually an exception to a gag order but if he is not under a court or Senate subpoena?

Any federal judge would vacate a gag order in a damages case to allow material testimony in an impeachment trial.
agjacent
aggiehawg said:

MouthBQ98 said:

You must know that many people here rely on you for legal analysis yet instead of simply looking up this information yourself you speculate and assume, and then pose a hypothetical that turns out to be entirely baseless.

Prayer for relief in Powell suit:

WHEREFORE, Dominion respectfully requests that the Court enter an award and judgment in its favor, and against all Defendants jointly and severally, as follows:

(a) awarding Dominion compensatory damages of not less than $651,735,000;
(b) awarding Dominion punitive damages of not less than $651,735,000;
(c) awarding Dominion all expenses and costs, including attorneys' fees;
(d) granting a narrowly tailored permanent injunction requiring the removal of all the Defendants' statements that are determined to be false and defamatory and enjoining the Defendants from repeating such statements or engaging in any further deceptive trade practices relating to Dominion; and
(e) such other and further relief as the Court deems appropriate.

Prayer for relief in Giuliani suit:

WHEREFORE, Dominion respectfully requests that the Court enter an award and judgment in its favor, and against Giuliani, as follows:

(b) awarding Dominion punitive damages of not less than $651,735,000; and
(c) such other and further relief as the Court deems appropriate.

Two quick google searches plus a ctrl+F for "relief" was all it took.
HTownAg98
While actual malice is a difficult hurdle to clear, Rudy's continuous blabbering about Dominion, without even bothering to do the bar minimum to determine if the statements were actually true, is likely enough to clear it
aggiehawg
AG
agjacent said:

aggiehawg said:

MouthBQ98 said:

You must know that many people here rely on you for legal analysis yet instead of simply looking up this information yourself you speculate and assume, and then pose a hypothetical that turns out to be entirely baseless.

WHEREFORE, Dominion respectfully requests that the Court enter an award and judgment in its favor, and against all Defendants jointly and severally, as follows:

(d) granting a narrowly tailored permanent injunction requiring the removal of all the Defendants' statements that are determined to be false and defamatory and enjoining the Defendants from repeating such statements or engaging in any further deceptive trade practices relating to Dominion; and

WHEREFORE, Dominion respectfully requests that the Court enter an award and judgment in its favor, and against Giuliani, as follows:

I said I hadn't read the complaint and posed a question. Anyone taking same as giving legal analysis is not very bright.

Have a good day.
Panama Red
AG
You mean they didn't spell out in the Prayer that they were doing this to stop Guliani (and Powell) from testifying in the impeachment trial?

Now that's odd. I figured that is the type of thing they would put right there in the pleadings.

But thank you for the links which it didn't in any way come close to addressing the question raised by aggiehawg.

agjacent
aggiehawg said:

agjacent said:

aggiehawg said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I said I hadn't read the complaint and posed a question. Anyone taking same as giving legal analysis is not very bright.

Have a good day.
And if you were some rando nobody then I would take little issue with you speculating out loud about a lawsuit you haven't taken the time to read.

But you're not a rando nobody here. People KNOW you're an attorney and you freely and often post legal analysis. I've seen "Hawg says..." and "let's wait until Hawg weighs in..." over and over and over in this forum. People here see you as an authority, whether you like it or not (and I get the feeling you like it very much indeed). I think you have some power here and thus I think you also have some responsibility.
sam callahan
Adjacent with the scorching hot opinions that lawyers like to talk and like to hear how smart they are.

I'm going to need a little time to absorb this brand new information.
agjacent
Panama Red said:

You mean they didn't spell out in the Prayer that they were doing this to stop Guliani (and Powell) from testifying in the impeachment trial?

Now that's odd. I figured that is the type of thing they would put right there in the pleadings.

But thank you for the links which it didn't in any way come close to addressing the question raised by aggiehawg.

Then you have failed to understand Aggiehawg's question.

When Aggiehawg says "[Dominion] asked for a gag order against Sidney," where and how do you believe this "gag order" was asked for? That would be in their lawsuit, specifically in the section where they ask that certain relief be awarded by the court, ie this part:

~~~

~~~

So to answer Aggiehawg's question, wherein she assumed that Dominion has asked for a similar "gag order" against Giuliani, and wondered how such a "gag order" would affect his ability to testify at the trump's second impeachment trial, I posted the prayer for relief in the Giuliani suit thereby demonstrating that her question was moot because said prayer for relief does not contain the same "gag order" request that Powell's suit contains.

Hope that helps.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

That's a gag order, hope that helps.

Now answer these questions of mine, I'll make sure to use multiple question marks so maybe you will understand each is a freakin' question.

Why a request for a gag order on Sidney and not on Rudy??????????????????

He is higher profile than she is and has more access to media outfits due to him being that well-known.

So why not request the same relief??????????????

Does that make sense to you????????????????

Finally, a reminder those are questions.
Faustus
Kind of funny that Rudy sells cigars, gold, cyber protection, and arthritis medication.

It's too bad for Dominion that neither Rudy nor Sidney represent a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Any settlement will need to have an Agreed Judgment vindicating Dominion's position, because there's no way the company is going to be made anywhere near whole monetarily by the Defendants.
agjacent
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

That's a gag order, hope that helps.

Now answer these questions of mine, I'll make sure to use multiple question marks so maybe you will understand each is a freakin' question.

Why a request for a gag order on Sidney and not on Rudy??????????????????

He is higher profile than she is and has more access to media outfits due to him being that well-known.

So why not request the same relief??????????????

Does that make sense to you????????????????

Finally, a reminder those are questions.
I have no idea. But thanks for posting a pertinent question.
Old McDonald
welp, big L to the posters positing two months ago that dominion not suing powell and rudy somehow suggested they were "scared of discovery" and guilty as charged
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.