What's your most politically incorrect opinion?

20,012 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pelayo
Artorias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tanya 93 said:

infinity ag said:

Most women reach high places because of a man (but don't give due credit and pretend they did it on their own).

Example: There would be no Hillary for POTUS if she wasn't connected to Bill. There would be no Sarah Palin for VP if not for McCain. There would be no Kamala as VP if not for Biden.

Many female CEOs are also put in place to show female representation in top leadership.
I think there would be no Bill Clinton if it wasn't for her
Even more reason not to like her
HoustonAggie37713
All fiscal conservatives should be pro-abortion.

You know I'm right. Without abortion we would be India.
SLAM
depriest1022 said:

FalconAg06 said:

Authoritarianism is awesome, Freedom has been perverted into something that shields degenerates and parasites, some people are too stupid to know whats best for themselves.

You can tell a lot about a person by the type of physical condition they keep themselves In.

Race is real, and cross racial integretation while possible, will take a ton more effort than it's worth

Almost agree. I think the term freedom has come to mean "I can do whatever I want - and there shouldn't be consequences when I do stupid things."

Race isn't real. We are humans with different genes, but the determining factor for success is primarily the choices of the individual.

So what you're really saying is that your politically incorrect opinion is that you ignore entire fields of science when forming the basis of your opinion?
Infection_Ag11
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Interesting theory starting here:

Discrepancies in IQ across populations is a well documented fact that is in no way debatable or controversial in the scientific community. The data is overwhelming. The debate centers around how much of these differences are attributable to environment/nutrition/etc. For example, Americans and Wester Europeans of Nigerian descent have a higher average IQ than native Nigerians. It is likely a given person has a maximum and minimum IQ range allowed for by their genetics and their circumstances dictate whether that is maximized or minimized.

My only real problem with this topic is that it has frequently been used by virulent racists who ignore that the discrepancy is far more broad than simply between blacks and whites. East Asian and Nordic populations have higher IQ averages than those of western and Central European descent, for instance. White Americans (who are almost entirely descended from western/Central Europeans) have very average intelligence when compared to all populations across the globe .
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oldarmy1
AG
Only Democrats descended from apes. The rest of us were created in the image of God.
mslags97
AG
waitwhat? said:

eric76 said:

That Martin Luther King Jr was far from the glorious hero that the educational system has convinced people that he is.

Fascinating. I've never doubted him because of the education system. Do you have any link or anything that says he wasn't basically a saint? That would be a fascinating read.

Lots of quick searches show some of his issues. He had some good underlying ideals. But, lots of issues.

Easiest to find out, he was a womanizer to the extreme.
FalconAg06
Infection_Ag11 said:

WestAustinAg said:

Discrepancies in IQ across populations is a well documented fact that is in no way debatable or controversial in the scientific community. The data is overwhelming. The debate centers around how much of these differences are attributable to environment/nutrition/etc. For example, Americans and Wester Europeans of Nigerian descent have a higher average IQ than native Nigerians. It is likely a given person has a maximum and minimum IQ range allowed for by their genetics and their circumstances dictate whether that is maximized or minimized.

My only real problem with this topic is that it has frequently been used by virulent racists who ignore that the discrepancy is far more broad than simply between blacks and whites. East Asian and Nordic populations have higher IQ averages than those of western and Central European descent, for instance.

I think the topic has been used to call people racists for simply pointing to the data as a reason for why some races do better than others.

It is important. If certain races are doing poorly in schools, it isn't because of racism, its because they're not as genetically blessed with intellect than other races.

It's an extremely important subject. The default assumption seems to be if non-white non-asians don't perform well in school, it's racism, and the solution is more money to throw at the problem
I Am A Critic
HollywoodBQ said:

I Am A Critic said:

Being a veteran makes you no more special, important, or smarter than anyone else. I can't stand veterans who constantly remind people of their service act like their opinion matters more bc they served. See Crenshaw, Dan, etc.
I don't know how often Crenshaw reminds people he's a Former Navy Seal other than every time you look at him because he's missing a freaking eye. I don't think it's any concious effort he puts in and he's certainly not looking for a handout because of his service related disability.

An example of putting in effort to let you know that somebody is a veteran is the Black guy who cleans windows in the drive thru line at the In N Out Burger in Studio City.

Guy holds a cardboard sign that says, "USMC Veteran, will clean windows for tips".

He's letting you know that he's not a threatening Black guy, he's actually a good guy and he wants to work and earn money for providing a useful service.

Am I going to go pull the guy's DD-214? No, but, I'll gladly take him at his word. And if I needed my windows cleaned, I'd throw him a few bucks.

We need more Americans like that dude.

There are plenty of Crenshaw campaign ads that mention his Navy Seal-ness. It's practically all he ran on in his first term. I doubt you hear or see too many of those in Commiefornia.

And your example of the window washer perfectly illustrates people using veteran status or the illusion thereof to get something. Even if that guy wasn't a veteran, he knows how to play on people's blind idolatry to get what he wants.
Username checks out.
AggieUSMC
AG
Systemic racism in the US is a myth
SLAM
Infection_Ag11 said:

WestAustinAg said:

My only real problem with this topic is that it has frequently been used by virulent racists who ignore that the discrepancy is far more broad than simply between blacks and whites. East Asian and Nordic populations have higher IQ averages than those of western and Central European descent, for instance. White Americans (who are almost entirely descended from western/Central Europeans) have very average intelligence when compared to all populations across the globe .

By PISA scores, white Americans are only exceeded by China, Estonia, Asian Americans, and Singapore. In other words, white Americans have one of the highest average IQs in the world among white populations. They even exceeded South Korea and Japan.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/the-new-2018-pisa-school-test-scores-usa-usa/

PISA scores are very useful when looking at total populations.

I would be curious to see European scores broken out by race as well. I believe the UK has done this as well.
Infection_Ag11
AG
FalconAg06 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

WestAustinAg said:

My only real problem with this topic is that it has frequently been used by virulent racists who ignore that the discrepancy is far more broad than simply between blacks and whites. East Asian and Nordic populations have higher IQ averages than those of western and Central European descent, for instance.

I think the topic has been used to call people racists for simply pointing to the data as a reason for why some races do better than others.

It is important. If certain races are doing poorly in schools, it isn't because of racism, its because they're not as genetically blessed with intellect than other races.

It's an extremely important subject. The default assumption seems to be if non-white non-asians don't perform well in school, it's racism, and the solution is more money to throw at the problem

Another point: From a scientific perspective, race is a meaningless term. It is an arbitrary and ill defined system of human categorization that puts Nigerians and Ethiopians into the same box. French and Finnish people are the same "race" according to most people, but Finnish people have higher IQs.

We should really be discussing these things in terms of ethnic origins, which is an objective criteria. Discussing genetic differences between "whites" and "blacks" and "Asians" isn't very meaningful.

But with respect to our educational system, the issues go far deeper than some groups being less intelligent than others. A person with an IQ of 90 is still more than capable of doing well in grade school under the right circumstances. We aren't talking about IQs so low that knowledge acquisition at that level of education is compromised. We're talking about differences that limit a populations ability to produce MDs, PhDs and provide innovation, not graduate high school and run a dry wall business.

TLDR: IQ differences aren't the predominant reason why American black students/schools do more poorly on average.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SLAM
FalconAg06 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

WestAustinAg said:

Exactly. It's very important from a fiscal conservative point of view. If you can't just throw money at the problem and there is no real solution to fix it, then you should figure out other methods of managing the issue.

The fact that we ignore group differences like this from a policy standpoint is a huge gaping flaw in our entire system. We should be tailoring programs to groups, not trying to make a one sized fits all scenario. A program that works for highly intelligence asians is not going to work for a black person who is illiterate. The gap between these two is so huge that they have almost nothing in common behavior wise.
SLAM
Infection_Ag11 said:

FalconAg06 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

WestAustinAg said:

Another point: From a scientific perspective, race is a meaningless term. It is an arbitrary and ill defined system of human categorization that puts Nigerians and Ethiopians into the same box. French and Finnish people are the same "race" according to most people, but Finnish people have higher IQs.

We should really be discussing these things in terms of ethnic origins, which is an objective criteria. Discussing genetic differences between "whites" and "blacks" and "Asians" isn't very meaningful.

But with respect to our educational system, the issues go far deeper than some groups being less intelligent than others. A person with an IQ of 90 is still more than capable of doing well in grade school under the right circumstances. We aren't talking about IQs so low that knowledge acquisition at that level of education is compromised. We're talking about differences that limit a populations ability to produce MDs, PhDs and provide innovation, not graduate high school and run a dry wall business.

TLDR: IQ differences aren't the predominant reason why American black students/schools do more poorly on average.

You're assuming a one size fits all situation that will never ever work. It's why throwing a trillion dollars at education has not changed the gaps in test scores between the races at all. They remain almost exactly the same as they did prior to integration.
Sgt. Schultz
AG
Answering OP's question

"**** your feelings!!!"
Infection_Ag11
AG
SLAM said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

FalconAg06 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

WestAustinAg said:

You're assuming a one size fits all situation that will never ever work. It's why throwing a trillion dollars at education has not changed the gaps in test scores between the races at all. They remain almost exactly the same as they did prior to integration.

I'm not assuming anything, I'm only saying the average IQ differences between American populations doesn't alone account for the large educational discrepancies at the level of basic academic requirement. The solution is more complex than just throwing money at it, but also not nearly as simple as "those kids are just too stupid to learn".
Old RV Ag
AG
SLAM said:

Old RV Ag said:

SLAM said:

Old RV Ag said:

Aggie12B said:

The English privateer ship White Lion should have been sunk off the Virginia coastline in 1619.

blm is a Terrorist organization.
Surely you mean the ship should have sunk off the coast of Africa BEFORE the slaves were loaded and not off Virginia with a load of people onboard.

I'll go one further. The US should have never brought slaves to the US and instead used an indentured servitude system that Europe already used for agriculture. We would have been infinitely more stable long term, significantly wealthier, and would never have had the racial issues that later developed.
We had an indentured servitude system in parallel. Agree should not have brought slaves.

And it should have been the only method used. Slaves inhibited technological development.
Absolutely. I work in ranching and also have manufacturing businesses. Super cheap labor does delay moving toward more advanced ways of doing things.
10Aggie10
AG
FalconAg06
Old RV Ag said:

SLAM said:

Old RV Ag said:

SLAM said:

Old RV Ag said:

Aggie12B said:

The English privateer ship White Lion should have been sunk off the Virginia coastline in 1619.

Surely you mean the ship should have sunk off the coast of Africa BEFORE the slaves were loaded and not off Virginia with a load of people onboard.

I'll go one further. The US should have never brought slaves to the US and instead used an indentured servitude system that Europe already used for agriculture. We would have been infinitely more stable long term, significantly wealthier, and would never have had the racial issues that later developed.
We had an indentured servitude system in parallel. Agree should not have brought slaves.

And it should have been the only method used. Slaves inhibited technological development.
Absolutely. I work in ranching and also have manufacturing businesses. Super cheap labor does delay moving toward more advanced ways of doing things.

So do low skilled immigrants. Yet our "conservative republicans" like Mike Lee keep making it easier and easier for them to come in
SLAM
Infection_Ag11 said:

SLAM said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

FalconAg06 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

WestAustinAg said:

I'm not assuming anything, I'm only saying the average IQ differences between American populations doesn't alone account for the large educational discrepancies at the level of basic academic requirement. The solution is more complex than just throwing money at it, but also not nearly as simple as "those kids are just too stupid to learn".

Never said they were too stupid to learn, just that we cannot continue as we have and expect different results when the data backs up the fact that it is impossible. People don't want to hear it but a school of nothing but Asians and Whites should not have the same long term goals as a school primarily composed of Blacks. The difference in average IQ is close to 20 points. No system or method of teaching will ever overcome this gap.
SLAM
FalconAg06 said:

Old RV Ag said:

SLAM said:

Old RV Ag said:

SLAM said:

Old RV Ag said:

Aggie12B said:

So do low skilled immigrants. Yet our "conservative republicans" like Mike Lee keep making it easier and easier for them to come in

Yep. Illegals have the same effect on our economy and technological development as slaves did.
FalconAg06
I'm even talking about legals.
RyanAg08
AG
Women should be nurturing mothers not go-getter wannabes.
Infection_Ag11
AG
SLAM said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

SLAM said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

FalconAg06 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

WestAustinAg said:

Never said they were too stupid to learn, just that we cannot continue as we have and expect different results when the data backs up the fact that it is impossible. People don't want to hear it but a school of nothing but Asians and Whites should not have the same long term goals as a school primarily composed of Blacks. The difference in average IQ is close to 20 points. No system or method of teaching will ever overcome this gap.

The difference is generally 12-15 points on average or so depending on the data set, but an IQ of 85 is more than sufficient to do well with basic grade school curriculum. If a student with an IQ in the 80-90 range can't read by the time they are in 5th grade, that has NOTHING to do with their IQ. The ability to read standard grade school materials only begins to decline in a statistically relevant way around an IQ of 70. In other words, you have to be flirting with clinical ******ation before "run spot run" becomes a substantial cognitive hurdle. Yet, the rates of illiteracy are very high in certain American school age populations.

You are underestimating the cognitive capacity of IQs in the range we're talking about. They do not represent a fundamental hurdle to graduating high school. I'm not suggesting they should do as well on average as schools made up of different ethnic groups, but if intelligence was the only issue they'd all still be graduating with basic fundamental scholastic accomplishments.
SLAM
FalconAg06 said:

Of course, same thing applies to H1-Bs.
SLAM
Infection_Ag11 said:

SLAM said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

SLAM said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

FalconAg06 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

WestAustinAg said:

The difference is generally 12-15 points on average or so depending on the data set, but an IQ of 85 is more than sufficient to do well with basic grade school curriculum. If a student with an IQ in the 80-90 range can't read by the one they are in 5th grade, that has NOTHING to do with their IQ. The ability to read standard grade school materials only begins to decline in a statistically relevant way around an IQ of 70. In other words, you have to be flirting with clinical ******ation before "run spot run" becomes a substantial cognitive hurdle. Yet, the rates sod illiteracy are very high in certain American school age populations.

You are underestimating the cognitive capacity of IQs in the range we're talking about. They do not represent a fundamental hurdle to graduating high school.

White American IQs are close to 103 (aka among the highest in the world in white populations) and black American IQs are around 85.

Also, you're not disproving my point at all. I agree with most of what you're saying here. My point is that you can't have the same expectations across different populations, it won't work. Either the smarter group gets bored or the less intelligent group fails to meet expectations. The latter is what often happens now in good school districts and the former is what happens in bad schools.
Infection_Ag11
AG
SLAM said:

FalconAg06 said:

H1-Bs provide us with some of our best and brightest in most fields.
SLAM
Infection_Ag11 said:

SLAM said:

FalconAg06 said:

Tell this to all of the people absolutely screwed out of jobs in the tech and engineering consultant worlds. This programs is EXTENSIVELY abused by many companies to keep wages low.
geoag58
AG
Helicopter rides might be something we should consider.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
ApachePilot
AG
Only those American citizens who own property and are above the age of 21 (unless military) should be allowed to vote.

Citizenship by birth should be corrected. You must have one parent that is a citizen.
FalconAg06
Infection_Ag11 said:

SLAM said:

FalconAg06 said:

Imagine if wages would rise and we could provide our own. H-1B's only beget more H-1B's
HollywoodBQ
AG
Tanya 93 said:

There is nothing wrong with unnatural hair colors
On chicks, I agree, I love it.

On dudes, negative.
Mothers who do this to their boys, or allow it, need to stop.

I've got a friend who thinks it's cute to do this to her son. It isn't. And now that the boy's father has passed away, that kid is going to need all the masculinity he can muster. A 10 year old boy with purple or blue hair isn't going to make it through the meat grinder of Junior High and High School. Boys need their dads.
HollywoodBQ
AG
infinity ag said:

Most women reach high places because of a man (but don't give due credit and pretend they did it on their own).

Example: There would be no Hillary for POTUS if she wasn't connected to Bill. There would be no Sarah Palin for VP if not for McCain. There would be no Kamala as VP if not for Biden.

Many female CEOs are also put in place to show female representation in top leadership.
My German friend likes to remind me that Angela Merkel got her start as "A Quota Woman".
depriest1022
AG
SLAM said:

depriest1022 said:

FalconAg06 said:

Authoritarianism is awesome, Freedom has been perverted into something that shields degenerates and parasites, some people are too stupid to know whats best for themselves.

You can tell a lot about a person by the type of physical condition they keep themselves In.

Race is real, and cross racial integretation while possible, will take a ton more effort than it's worth

Almost agree. I think the term freedom has come to mean "I can do whatever I want - and there shouldn't be consequences when I do stupid things."

Race isn't real. We are humans with different genes, but the determining factor for success is primarily the choices of the individual.

So what you're really saying is that your politically incorrect opinion is that you ignore entire fields of science when forming the basis of your opinion?

Not ignoring any science. I am saying (as others pointed out) that race viewed solely through the lens of the amount of melanin in your skin is a flawed concept.
SLAM
depriest1022 said:

SLAM said:

depriest1022 said:

FalconAg06 said:

Not ignoring any science. I am saying (as others pointed out) that race viewed solely through the lens of the amount of melanin in your skin is a flawed concept.

Melanin? Where was I talking about melanin? I was referring to genetics.
Rascal
AG
RyanAg08 said:

Women should be nurturing mothers not go-getter wannabes.

Nah.
Let them do what they want to do. Some need or want to pursue careers over family. Some don't. That's fine.
Just do away with the militant "Future is Female" garbage which unduly influences corporations and institutions into promoting females over worthy men and everyone will be happier.

My largest grievances today are the BLM and Women's Movement garbage. Both are such emotions drains on the country right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.