I Did It.. I Found The Dumbest Tweet On Racism

5,173 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CanyonAg77
rocky the dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Bobcat06
AG
aggiehawg said:

Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

Is there a difference between Egyptians and african blacks? Just making sure I remember who are the legitimate people of color. It gets confusing sometimes.
IIRC, Egyptians are considered North Africans and not Arabs. By that it means more closely descended from Bedouin tribes than black African tribes.
FWIW, the Egyptians who built the pyramids have practically no connection to the people living in Egypt today.

The Egyptian who built the pyramids were conquered by Libyans who were conquered by Persians who were conquered by Greeks who were conquered by Romans who were conquered by Arabs from the Rashidun Caliphate.

Say what you will about the Arabs, but they've held Egypt for 1400 years.

Also kinda ironic that the original Eyptians built some of the most iconic wonders of the world, but their society was wiped from the face of the earth.
Amazing Moves
Screw your facts. This is the white man's fault.
riverrataggie
AG
Bobcat06 said:

aggiehawg said:

Is there a difference between Egyptians and african blacks? Just making sure I remember who are the legitimate people of color. It gets confusing sometimes.
IIRC, Egyptians are considered North Africans and not Arabs. By that it means more closely descended from Bedouin tribes than black African tribes.
FWIW, the Egyptians who built the pyramids have practically no connection to the people living in Egypt today.

The Egyptian who built the pyramids were conquered by Libyans who were conquered by Persians who were conquered by Greeks who were conquered by Romans who were conquered by Arabs from the Rashidun Caliphate.

Say what you will about the Arabs, but they've held Egypt for 1400 years.

Also kinda ironic that the original Eyptians built some of the most iconic wonders of the world, but their society was wiped from the face of the earth.

Wiped or taken away?
titan
S

Neither really. Sort of displaced and intermarried among. The Egypt of the Pharoahs didn't have some special all goes down at once like the defeat of the Third Reich or such. It is more accurate to say it withered as one crisis after another gradually wore it down. By the time Alexander's forces arrive and invade, it was a shell of what it was. Alexander's time sets up the famous period of the Ptolemies, culminating in the well known Cleopatra. She and Antony mark the end of that Hellenistic phase, and direct Roman occupation which continues into the Christian Empire period. Its essentially a Mediterranean mixed ruling class over what remains of the old Egypt and its ways. The priests of Isis at Philae were still using the Egyptian script in the 450's AD/CE. It might make most sense if you imagine America being gradually Hispanicized and yet most of the monuments remaining left alone, and undisturbed.(Then some day, someone is able to read English again and just start trying to figure out the story,ha). Key word is gradual -- even though Egypt suffered devastating moments of invasion and can list them, there was no "fell in such decade" kind of moment until under Byzantine rule when falls yes in a year to Islam.

As for the SJW, just another proof of the worthlessness of curriculum compared to available sources.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
Andrew99
AG
lb3 said:

Um, that's an Egyptian opening that sarco****us.
It still works, just say it's a "white" Egyptian.

anaggieshusband
The ladies like his style
AggiePetro07
AG
I don't get how Egyptians get a pass for slavery
Bobcat06
AG
riverrataggie said:

Wiped or taken away?

What's your opinion of the antediluvian world?
torrid
AG
Gigem314 said:

Cultural appropriation.

https://www.newsweek.com/steve-martins-king-tut-sketch-causing-controversy-one-college-campus-717418

Steve Martin's 'King Tut' Sketch Is Racist, Liberal Arts Students Say

Steve Martin's seminal "King Tut" sketch is being blasted as cultural appropriation by a group of students at a prestigious liberal arts college in Oregon after the classic "Saturday Night Live" parody was played in a humanities course.
The sketch, created by Martin in 1978 to parody the hysteria and commercialization surrounding a traveling Tutankhamun exhibit, has outraged students who say the sketch is the cultural equivalent of blackface because one of the side actors emerged from a sarco****us with his face painted gold.
"That's like somebody making a song just littered with the n-word everywhere," a member of the group, ReediesAgainst Racism, told The Atlantic. "The gold face of the saxophone dancer leaving its tomb is an exhibition of blackface."
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Steve Martin's seminal "King Tut" sketch is being blasted as cultural appropriation by a group of students at a prestigious liberal arts college in Oregon after the classic "Saturday Night Live" parody was played in a humanities course.
The sketch, created by Martin in 1978 to parody the hysteria and commercialization surrounding a traveling Tutankhamun exhibit, has outraged students who say the sketch is the cultural equivalent of blackface because one of the side actors emerged from a sarco****us with his face painted gold.
"That's like somebody making a song just littered with the n-word everywhere," a member of the group, ReediesAgainst Racism, told The Atlantic. "The gold face of the saxophone dancer leaving its tomb is an exhibition of blackface."
This calls for a "peaceful" riot.
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
bmc13
AG
Satellite of Love said:

And then she goes on to shill some crappy planet bracelets. They forgot Neptune but added the Earth's moon and Pluto....sadly she gets to vote y'all!!!!

Poseidon is gonna be pissed!
Madman
AG
aggiehawg said:

CheeseSndwch said:

aggiehawg said:

aggiehawg said:

So are Egyptians people of color? South Africa has white people and they are not people of color just because they live in Africa so are Egyptians in North Africa people of color?
I would argue that anyone who is not Caucasian in origin meaning European or Slavic would be considered POC but I'm not well-studied on the subject. I know there is a difference between Sephardic and Ashkenazi Jews genetically, though. Sephardic tend to have darker toned skin.

Ancient Egyptian royalty have more in common genetically with ancient Europeans than modern Egyptians but afrocentrists get pretty bent out of shape if you mention this during one of their Kings and Queens diatribes.
Thanks. Did not know that. So it was okay for Liz to play her, then.

She was from a blood line, if I recall correctly, related to Alexander the Great who conquered Egypt on his way back home from kicking ass all the way to India.

She spoke Greek as her first language and certainly had caucasian ancestry.

GAC06
AG
Satellite of Love said:

And then she goes on to shill some crappy planet bracelets. They forgot Neptune but added the Earth's moon and Pluto....sadly she gets to vote y'all!!!!

Our moon and Pluto but no Neptune. Seems about her speed
Gigem314
AG
torrid said:

Gigem314 said:

Cultural appropriation.

https://www.newsweek.com/steve-martins-king-tut-sketch-causing-controversy-one-college-campus-717418

agent-maroon
AG
Madman said:

aggiehawg said:

CheeseSndwch said:

aggiehawg said:

aggiehawg said:

So are Egyptians people of color? South Africa has white people and they are not people of color just because they live in Africa so are Egyptians in North Africa people of color?
I would argue that anyone who is not Caucasian in origin meaning European or Slavic would be considered POC but I'm not well-studied on the subject. I know there is a difference between Sephardic and Ashkenazi Jews genetically, though. Sephardic tend to have darker toned skin.

Ancient Egyptian royalty have more in common genetically with ancient Europeans than modern Egyptians but afrocentrists get pretty bent out of shape if you mention this during one of their Kings and Queens diatribes.

She was from a blood line, if I recall correctly, related to Alexander the Great who conquered Egypt on his way back home from kicking ass all the way to India.

IDK about any of that history, but I just wanted to post my appreciation for Liz's cleavage in that pic.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Madman
AG
agent-maroon said:

Madman said:

aggiehawg said:

CheeseSndwch said:

aggiehawg said:

aggiehawg said:

IDK about any of that history, but I just wanted to post my appreciation for Liz's cleavage in that pic.
Well we should really consider her against her biggest rival, Miss Monroe.
Bobcat06
AG
Madman said:

aggiehawg said:

CheeseSndwch said:

aggiehawg said:

aggiehawg said:

Cleopatra was descended from Ptolemy, one of Alexander's generals. There's speculation that Ptolemy shared the same father as Alexander (Philip II), but that's not confirmed.

But, yes. Many Pharaohs were white Europeans.
96AgGrad
AG
GAC06 said:

Satellite of Love said:

Our moon and Pluto but no Neptune. Seems about her speed
"Pluto" is blue. Makes me wonder if that's Neptune misidentified.
amfta
AG
"Idk if im talking out my ass but something about this feels evil. When I die, keep white people away from me"

I'm pretty sure I can answer her first question.

YES YOU'RE TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS !

I can provide some closure as to her closing statement as well.

OKAY, WE'LL GLADLY STAY AWAY FROM YOUR DUMB ASS WHILE YOU'RE ALIVE TOO !
“Death is preferable to dishonor"
CW Griswold
Swan Song
AG
I've been to Giza. They do not care about social justice.
Rexter
rednecked said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Gigem314 said:

KING TUT!!!
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia! Funky Tut!

Tut wasn't a POC.....

He's my favorite honky!
annie88
AG
Gigem314 said:

This came on my playlist this afternoon in the car and I still know every word.

I still think I even have a 45 record of it.

I heard about a year ago that a bunch of millennials thought it was racist and culturally appropriated, etc.
Typical bull*****
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Hey... sometimes comedy isn't pretty!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

the sketch is the cultural equivalent of blackface because one of the side actors emerged from a sarco****us with his face painted gold.
Too damn stupid to realize that the pharaohs were buried in gold coffins.

Did they think the gold is a natural face color for ancient Egyptians?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.