Court TV finally understands problems with George Floyd cases...

8,149 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Joseph Parrish
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
but still praise BLM. And it is news to them that the knee restraint was in the MPD training manual. Wonder where they have been the last three months? They also fail to mention the levels of fentanyl in his system although they reference he might have been on drugs. These are lib lawyers and even they have to admit the facts are not lining up with the charges.

nortex97
AG
We apologize for the innocence of this man, who must be put to death, to satisfy the mob.

How very Pontius Pilate of them.
wbt5845
AG
The MSM can almost be excused for not knowing the law - but Court TV employs - like - LAWYERS.

This whole murder charge seems odd - but if Amber Geyger can be convicted of murder, I guess anyone can.
aggiehawg
AG
wbt5845 said:

The MSM can almost be excused for not knowing the law - but Court TV employs - like - LAWYERS.

This whole murder charge seems odd - but if Amber Geyger can be convicted of murder, I guess anyone can.
Yeah. They even say they are employed to get into the minutiae in their analysis. To which I say:

Better late than never, I guess. But to think of all of the carnage and destruction on a false narrative, it is just so needless and sad.
YouBet
AG
aggiehawg said:

wbt5845 said:

Yeah. They even say they are employed to get into the minutiae in their analysis. To which I say:

Better late than never, I guess. But to think of all of the carnage and destruction on a false narrative, it is just so needless and sad.
But it started a conversation!

A conversation with burning, looting, (actual) murder, escalation of race war, etc!
cisgenderedAggie
wbt5845 said:

No. The MSM can never use ignorance of minutia as an excuse for rushed propaganda and misinformation. They have a responsibility to report the news (just the news). If there is commentary then there is responsibility to go far out of the way to declare it as such and make some attempt at impartiality in giving voice to multiple interpretation. That they can't do this is exactly why they should just report the news.

MSM is nothing more than well-funded gossip queens.
FalconAg06
nortex97 said:

We apologize for the innocence of this man, who must be put to death, to satisfy the mob.

I get more of a "release Barabbas" vibe from them
Dr. Teeth
AG
If you are in Minneapolis... GET OUT NOW.
Comanche_Ag
AG
FalconAg06 said:

nortex97 said:

I get more of a "release Barabbas" vibe from them
The two go together.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Quote:

while acknowledging that none of BLM's concerns actually apply to George Floyd.

Our bad guys. Sorry for the property damage, deaths, and social strife.

Krautag81
Dr. Teeth said:

If you are in Minneapolis... GET OUT NOW.
This, gonna be ugly.
richardag
Lin Wood could become very busy. Dereck Chauvin may become very wealthy. Civil lawsuits against Court TV and each of their lawyers, CNN, MSNBC, etcetera etcetera etcetera.
aggiehawg
AG
Having reluctantly come to my own 180 on these cases, I understand the frustration as the evidence dribbled out it was tempting to disregard this fact or that fact because no case is ever perfect.

But when considering the totality of the circumstances and then what the charges are against the officers, the evidence to support those charges just isn't there.
Post removed:
by user
FalconAg06
Remember when they said "some white people may need to die" in the interest of social justice? The cops are sacrificial lambs.

The left wants a blood offering and don't care about guilt
aggiehawg
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

Wow.

Ashley Canfield said of the motion to dismiss charges "I think politically, that's gonna be really hard."

Great legal advise
She's not wrong. By all rights, the judges in these cases should dismiss the charges but if they do, the mob will come for them and their families.

But as I commented the other day when AG Ellison doubled down on the charges and filed for an enhancement of the penalties, he might have heard through the grapevine that a judge may be considering dismissal in at least one of the cases. No telling which one though. If one of the other officers' charges are dismissed, the rest will eventually fail too, except maybe Chauvin for the time being.
rwpag71
AG
The fact they were surprised to learn of the knee restraint being in the manual suggests WaPo, NYT's and MSM never mentioned it. I recall reading about that very early in the investigation.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Been saying it for months now

They know Biden can't win and that Trump is headed for a landslide

Their ace in the hole has always been this over charged murder count

Ellison will drop the murder charges right before the first debate/early voting begins claiming a corrupt system that lets racist white cops kill innocent black men and walk away free.

MSM, Social media will take it from there with blaring headlines of "NO JUSTICE FOR FLOYD!!"

That's the signal for the second round of preplanned riots to spark outright shooting insurrection with whites and Republican voting places openly targeted with the intent to cause mass chaos and confusion

Be prepared

It's coming
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
aggiehawg
AG
rwpag71 said:

The fact they were surprised to learn of the knee restraint being in the manual suggests WaPo, NYT's and MSM never mentioned it. I recall reading about that very early in the investigation.
I know I googled it early on because I was researching if the bust was legit or not and whether charges could stem from there.

But if you watch the video even Banfield admitted that the state prosecutor very early on expressed doubts about the case and people should have paid a little more attention to that.
Cassius
Court TV to be cancelled in 3,2,1...
mm98
AG
Quote:

They apologized to their audience for breaking the news and reiterated their support for BLM while acknowledging that none of BLM's concerns actually apply to George Floyd.

I'm slightly pleased to see they actually admit that.
titan
S

Quote:

Wonder where they have been the last three months?
Answer: Watching the "news" and ONLY the "news".

You underestimate what boards like this and blogs, and discussions on the Internet uncover. Obvious things like what does a manual in use actually say, rarely comes up on alphabet "mainstream" news. And certainly not within hours of the incident as any realistic investigation would do. Another example is how fast the Internet outs hoaxes.

The so-called `Fourth Estate' no longer does such sleuthing. Except once in a blue moon.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

You underestimate what boards like this and blogs, and discussions on the Internet uncover. Obvious things like what does a manual in use actually say, rarely comes up on alphabet "mainstream" news. And certainly not within hours of the incident as any realistic investigation would do.
I'm an ol'dame with a law degree, a computer and an internet connection. I don't have a cadre of producers, research assistants and interns who do nothing but look things up for their anchor bosses all day.

So that excuse doesn't really fly with me. They have the resources they just aren't using them.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Maroon Dawn said:

Ellison will drop the murder charges right before the first debate/early voting begins claiming a corrupt system that lets racist white cops kill innocent black men and walk away free.

MSM, Social media will take it from there with blaring headlines of "NO JUSTICE FOR FLOYD!!"

That's the signal for the second round of preplanned riots to spark outright shooting insurrection with whites and Republican voting places openly targeted with the intent to cause mass chaos and confusion

Be prepared

It's coming

You are spot on. Seems pretty obvious to me as well. Everything is politics why would this be different.

I also believe that there will be planned attacks on in person voting locations as we get closer to the the election.
titan
S
nortex97 said:

He even had a better excuse. TLDR: He wasn't afraid of the mob. He could destroy it with what he had at Antonia and Caesarea. He was afraid of Tiberius executing him. He was on the third strike pitch of a "two strikes' record to date.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
nortex97
AG
aggiehawg said:

rwpag71 said:

I know I googled it early on because I was researching if the bust was legit or not and whether charges could stem from there.

But if you watch the video even Banfield admitted that the state prosecutor very early on expressed doubts about the case and people should have paid a little more attention to that.
I remember reading early on that the union had deemed the MRT technique used in this case appropriate.

Not sure what they expect the officers to do if the flailing subject, unknowingly overdosing, refuses/can't sit in the police car, and the EMT's get lost. That's why there is a maximum restraint technique (basically globally adopted, btw, and doesn't impinge the airway).

It's not a hard thing to lay out, factually, action/decision by action/decision, for a jury.
BusterAg
AG
I still think that there is at least a case for manslaughter.

Even if that procedure is in the manual, Chauvin should have stopped using it when Floyd went limp. There is at least a controversy there that a jury should hear.

Best case scenario here from a civil unrest point of view, is everyone gets dropped on this but Chauvin, he goes to the trial, the mainstream media has to cover the trial, the details come out, Chauvin gets acquitted or Chauvin wins on some dismissal or appeal somewhere between the jury trial and the end of the appeal.
BusterAg
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Be prepared

It's coming
If this happens, is there some charge that the Federal Government can bring?

It would be interesting if Ellison drops the case, and then the DOJ slaps both Chauvin and the Wisconsin police department with charges the next day.
aggiehawg
AG
nortex97 said:

aggiehawg said:

rwpag71 said:

I remember reading early on that the union had deemed the MRT technique used in this case appropriate.

Not sure what they expect the officers to do if the flailing subject, unknowingly overdosing, refuses/can't sit in the police car, and the EMT's get lost. That's why there is a maximum restraint technique (basically globally adopted, btw, and doesn't impinge the airway).

It's not a hard thing to lay out, factually, action/decision by action/decision, for a jury.
You are correct that the police union early on tried to point that out but they didn't get any traction in the media.

But this is Court TV. They exist to do that kind of in-depth analysis. Once the full 40 minutes of body cam evidence came out and the final autopsy report they knew there were deep flaws evidence-wise with charging intentional murder. Exculpatory evidence out the wazzoo and exculpatory in such a simple way that a jury could fully understand when assessing reasonable doubt.

And as you point out, it is not the officers' fault that the EMS were so long in responding after being called twice. The fire department was late getting there too. Dispatch sent them to the wrong place when the Code 3 came in. They didn't get there until EMS was already enroute to the hospital.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If this happens, is there some charge that the Federal Government can bring?

It would be interesting if Ellison drops the case, and then the DOJ slaps both Chauvin and the Wisconsin police department with charges the next day.
What are you asking? Not Wisconsin, Minnesota, in particular Minneapolis PD. The US Attorney was on the scene and investigating within a few days of his death. They have now gone radio silent. There are no federal charges here.
Waffledynamics
AG
Facts? Truth? Why does that matter? What matters is being "morally right" like AOC says.
Ellis Wyatt
wbt5845 said:

All the Lawfare stuff of the last few years should underscore to you that being a lawyer has little relation to a factual grasp of the law these days. Liberal lawyers twist the law to mean literally anything that suits their whims or desire for unchecked power.
LOYAL AG
AG
BusterAg said:

I still think that there is at least a case for manslaughter.

Even if that procedure is in the manual, Chauvin should have stopped using it when Floyd went limp. There is at least a controversy there that a jury should hear.

Best case scenario here from a civil unrest point of view, is everyone gets dropped on this but Chauvin, he goes to the trial, the mainstream media has to cover the trial, the details come out, Chauvin gets acquitted or Chauvin wins on some dismissal or appeal somewhere between the jury trial and the end of the appeal.
I think we'll have a trial for Manslaughter but the following are going to render an innocent verdict:

• It's in the manual. IMO it will be tough for a jury to convict an officer for doing what he's been taught to do. Does the manual need to change? Maybe but that's not his call to make particularly in real time.
  • The body cam video showing Floyd saying he can't breath while standing up.
  • The tox report showing 3x lethal concentration of fentenyl and a high dose of meth.
  • The clear video evidence he had overdose and was displaying signs during the arrest and before he was on the ground.
  • Chauvin ordered the EMT's to be called. When they didn't arrive fast enough he ordered the call escalated. (NOTE: This is something I remember reading, not a fact I can point to directly. If it's wrong let me know.)
  • The lack of damage to his neck from the autopsy report. He wasn't strangled and didn't suffocate from the knee to the neck.

The trial is going to see the defense run out as many experts as the judge will allow that will testify that Floyd overdosed and that there was nothing Chauvin did to contribute to his death.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.