Dude shoots attacking rioters

143,665 Views | 1321 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by will25u
cisgenderedAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"...can and will be used against you..."?
CanyonAg77
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

"...can and will be used against you..."?
"Thank you to my supporters"

Well, that means he's guilty!
cisgenderedAggie
I don't know how, but I'm not MSM. I do have complete confidence in the ability to create a narrative over a single word, and that's 5.
HTownAg98
CanyonAg77 said:

HTownAg98 said:

It's not. Hopefully whoever ends up being lead counsel will reign in the carnival barkers and tell them that if they pull another stunt like that that either you or I are off the case. The right to remain silent is a very powerful right for criminal defendants. Having an attorney that wants to waive that right is a terrible, terrible strategy, especially when you have a winnable self-defense claim.
I'm obviously not a lawyer, so help me out. I don't think Kyle said anything about the case, he just thanked people for their support.

Are you saying the "right to remain silent" means you can't say anyhting?

It's like the Ron White joke about being drunk in public: "I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." I doubt you could find a criminal defense attorney that would say having their client say a word is just fine. Pierce could have just as easily spoke on his behalf.
CanyonAg77
AG
Wow. What jerks.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/09/01/kenosha-protest-shooting-why-were-not-writing-victims-background-jacob-blake-record-riot-vs-protest/5679537002/
Quote:

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

We've gotten questions from readers about our reporting on the shooting of Jacob Blake by a Kenosha police officer in Kenosha on Aug. 23 and about the shooting deaths two nights later of two protesters and the wounding of a third. Kyle Rittenhouse, a 17-year-old from Antioch, Illinois, has been charged with those shootings.

Here are answers to some of the most frequent questions we've received:

Why aren't you reporting on Jacob Blake's record?

We did not report on Blake's record in our initial stories because it was not clear that a warrant on file was a factor in police being called to the residence in the 2800 block of 40th Street in Kenosha.

Why aren't you reporting on the records of the people Kyle Rittenhouse is accused of shooting?

There is no evidence so far that the backgrounds of the three victims Anthony Huber, Joseph Rosenbaum and Gaige Grosskreutz had anything to do with the clashes that led to the deaths of Huber and Rosenbaum and the wounding of Grosskreutz.

They are the victims of a shooting, and as far as we can tell their past legal records have no bearing on them being shot during a protest.

If more facts emerge that show their backgrounds are relevant to what happened that night in Kenosha, we would revisit our decision. For instance, if there is evidence that any of the victims' backgrounds could have affected their interactions with Rittenhouse,

Why aren't you calling these riots?

We are very careful about labeling events especially using politically and historically loaded terms. Our job is to describe what we see in Kenosha (or anywhere) in enough detail so that people can make up their own minds about what's going on.
ProgN
NCNJ1217
AG
In all of that, here's the problem I have:

Quote:

They are the victims of a shooting,

Per the video, they weren't victims, they were the aggressors.
will25u
Kenosha gunman Kyle Rittenhouse's lawyer plans to sue Twitter and threatens to take CEO Jack Dorsey's 'a** down' after his account was blocked for 'glorying violence'
FrioAg 00
AG
Kyle and his attorneys have now officially said these three people were ATTACKING Kyle, forcing him to defend himself.

His is it not relevant evidence in support of that claim that all three have long criminal records that include violent crime? That is perhaps the most relevant evidence there could be other than the video showing them (a) cursing around him and challenging him to violent altercation (b) chasing him (c) approaching him with a gun (d) smashing him with a skateboard

Honestly I still cannot even believe this case could make it to trial. It's the most open and shut case of self defense and justifiable use of a firearm I've ever heard of
Nonregdrummer09
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Kyle and his attorneys have now officially said these three people were ATTACKING Kyle, forcing him to defend himself.

His is it not relevant evidence in support of that claim that all three have long criminal records that include violent crime? That is perhaps the most relevant evidence there could be other than the video showing them (a) cursing around him and challenging him to violent altercation (b) chasing him (c) approaching him with a gun (d) smashing him with a skateboard

Honestly I still cannot even believe this case could make it to trial. It's the most open and shut case of self defense and justifiable use of a firearm I've ever heard of

In fact if you look at the prosecutor's complaint you could argue that it is the prosecutor making clear that the shooting victims were the aggressors.
ProgN
But it wasn't an evil black assault rifle skateboard.
HTownAg98
will25u said:

Kenosha gunman Kyle Rittenhouse's lawyer plans to sue Twitter and threatens to take CEO Jack Dorsey's 'a** down' after his account was blocked for 'glorying violence'

He's a ****ing idiot if he actually files a lawsuit.
aggielostinETX
AG
HTownAg98 said:

will25u said:

Lin Wood, the guy who kicked CNNs ass, is an idiot?
HTownAg98
Deats said:

HTownAg98 said:

will25u said:

1. You're going to need proof that he kicked CNN's ass.
2. Yes, just like Devin Nunes, Laura Loomer, Prager University, and every other crack pot that has tried to sue Twitter and lost claiming censorship.
Cassius
Deats said:

HTownAg98 said:

will25u said:

The fact that htown is against it pretty much tells you that it is the right thing to do.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
"during a protest" is such bull****

Who brings weapons to burn and destroy if you're engaging in a protest...
HTownAg98
Cassius said:

Deats said:

HTownAg98 said:

will25u said:

The fact that htown is against it pretty much tells you that it is the right thing to do.

If you can come up with a legal theory that would win, I'm all ears. Otherwise, it's just a hollow legal threat meant to rile up the base.
End Of Message
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Cassius said:

Deats said:

HTownAg98 said:

will25u said:

If you can come up with a legal theory that would win, I'm all ears. Otherwise, it's just a hollow legal threat meant to rile up the base.
Nick settled, you loon. He is worth more as a teenager than you will be your entire life.
HTownAg98
Pinche Abogado said:

HTownAg98 said:

Cassius said:

Deats said:

HTownAg98 said:

will25u said:

Nick settled, you loon. He is worth more as a teenager than you will be your entire life.

You have zero proof what he settled for. None.
End Of Message
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

HTownAg98 said:

Cassius said:

Deats said:

HTownAg98 said:

will25u said:

You have zero proof what he settled for. None.
I know that he settled.
End Of Message
AG
Sorry your network lost.
HTownAg98
Pinche Abogado said:

Sorry your network lost.

I don't give a flying **** about CNN. But this idea that he settled for millions of dollars with zero evidence to prove it up is just nonsense. For all you know, they settled for $50K to go away.
End Of Message
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Sorry your network lost.

I don't give a flying **** about CNN. But this idea that he settled for millions of dollars with zero evidence to prove it up is just nonsense. For all you know, they settled for $50K to go away.
nah...he got paid....
HTownAg98
Pinche Abogado said:

HTownAg98 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Sorry your network lost.

nah...he got paid....

Again, some proof would be nice.
End Of Message
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

HTownAg98 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Sorry your network lost.

nah...he got paid....

I know this....as an actual lawyer (unlike you)...I have settled cases....all cases will include a mutual release...do you know how many include confidentiality agreements? Only the ones that have high dollars amounts attached to them...not 50k.

Now, go away.
HTownAg98
Pinche Abogado said:

HTownAg98 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

HTownAg98 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Sorry your network lost.

nah...he got paid....

I know this....as an actual lawyer (unlike you)...I have settled cases....all cases will include a mutual release...do you know how many include confidentiality agreements? Only the ones that have high dollars amounts attached to them...not 50k.

Now, go away.

I get settlement offers all the time that I'm asked to comment on; some for tens of thousands, some for millions. They're all marked confidential, and none of those are made public.

I also know that when some reporters (some from CNN, some not) that were speculating that the settlement amount was a nuisance settlement, Lin lost his ever-loving mind and threatened to sue anyone and everyone that was guessing about it. As the saying goes, "a hit dog will holler."

There's every reason to keep the settlement amount quiet no matter the amount when you have other similar cases pending.
End Of Message
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

HTownAg98 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

HTownAg98 said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Sorry your network lost.

nah...he got paid....

Now, go away.

I get settlement offers all the time that I'm asked to comment on; some for tens of thousands, some for millions. They're all marked confidential, and none of those are made public.

I also know that when some reporters (some from CNN, some not) that were speculating that the settlement amount was a nuisance settlement, Lin lost his ever-loving mind and threatened to sue anyone and everyone that was guessing about it. As the saying goes, "a hit dog will holler."

There's every reason to keep the settlement amount quiet no matter the amount when you have other similar cases pending.
nah he got paid
HTownAg98
An attorney that makes a claim with no evidence to back it up.
End Of Message
AG
Its almost as if Lin is working for free given your stance.

Nah, he got paid.
HTownAg98
Never said he was working for free. That seems like a dumb idea unless you've made millions and want to do a bunch of pro bono work. Or you take a high-profile case with little or no fee for the notoriety.

If Lin, Nick, or anyone else tries to sue Twitter over censorship, they'll get to take their place next to Larry Klayman and Steven Biss as people who file stupid lawsuits.
ValleyRatAg
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Never said he was working for free. That seems like a dumb idea unless you've made millions and want to do a bunch of pro bono work. Or you take a high-profile case with little or no fee for the notoriety.

If Lin, Nick, or anyone else tries to sue Twitter over censorship, they'll get to take their place next to Larry Klayman and Steven Biss as people who file stupid lawsuits.
So now he has taken on the Rittenhouse case pro bono for notoriety/principle. Guessing he made his millions now. I wonder what from?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

But Zuckerberg said that, regardless, the Kenosha Guard page and event violated Facebook's new policy against militia organizations that was launched several weeks ago. He said Facebook is now working to remove all content praising Tuesday's shooting or shooter, and has designated the shooting as a "mass murder." He also said the social media company had suspended the shooter's Facebook and Instagram accounts.
LINK

Innocent until proven guilty, but Rittenhouse has been declared a "mass murderer." I think Zuckerberg is going to regret this.
HTownAg98
ValleyRatAg said:

HTownAg98 said:

So now he has taken on the Rittenhouse case pro bono for notoriety/principle. Guessing he made his millions now. I wonder what from?

He made his millions well before he took on the Sandman cases. Of course, I'm sure he lost some too for filing a stupid defamation suit against Elon Musk and losing.
aggielostinETX
AG
And the Dumbasses blocked his other lawyer too...

Declaring Kyle a mass murderer, not mass homicide, will get their ass kicked in court.
BadMoonRisin
AG
HTownAg98 said:

ValleyRatAg said:

HTownAg98 said:

He made his millions well before he took on the Sandman cases. Of course, I'm sure he lost some too for filing a stupid defamation suit against Elon Musk and losing.
He defended Richard Jewell...
It's not the severity of the punishment that deters crime; it's the certainty of it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.