Black Professors Demand Abolition Of 'White Mainstream English' For 'Black Linguistic

8,221 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GeorgiAg
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

sorry. i will not participate in cultural appropriation.

no matter which SJW ******bag tells me i should
There is no such thing as cultural appropriation.
BigRobSA
Spotted Ag said:

What language are we supposed to speak? Good grief

Clickety click click tick tock doop click click click click clicky doop
There are children present, Mister Falcon!
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Tanya 93
Madman said:

Tanya 93 said:

Being able to speak two or more languages, and know when it is appropriate to use each one, is an actual advantage.

Speak the AAV at home and use standard American dialect in school and learn which one is acceptable in your career.

I, however, have no problems correcting my son or my siblings or their kids when it comes to grammar.

AAV?

Which one is it?

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/AAV

Australian Alpaca Veterinarians?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_Vernacular_English

Amazing Moves
Go away! Batin'.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
We DEMAND...

We DEMAND...

We DEMAND.........

Your answer, no. Next.
NormanAg
AG
Quote:

There are lots of stupid progressive ideas. However, I find this one particularly pernicious and it will destroy the community it purports to help . . .
Exactly! Libs/progressives do it all the time, but not being rational and logical human beings, they never, ever realize it. But it makes THEM feel good, so what's the problem here?
APHIS AG
4stringAg said:

This is what you'd get:

And she is going to go far in this world.
Ags4DaWin
annie88 said:

Ags4DaWin said:

i was illustrating the logical hypocrisy of these jokers.

if you can't own a taco stand if ur not from latin america cause cultural appropriation.

if you can't rap if ur white or be a reputable jazz artists- cultural appropriation

making a certain tea is stealing black culture

using rhe N-word is okay if ur black, but not for anyone else...and u can use it to reference black people, or white people or brown people..it doesn't matter as long as it is coming out of black lips.

then white people talking ebonics is appropriation too, but WAIT! This appropriation is okay because we're forcing everyone to do it and black people have rubber stamped it as okay.
TChaney
I went down the BBC Pidgin (rabbit) hole.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-53509788

I only understand about half of what is being said, but it still made me smile.
Art96
AG
We could try speaking in binary but at some point ones and zeros will become racist. It's only a matter of time.
titan
S
annie88 said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Bingo.

In fact, will not participate in the concept of cultural appropriation -- all of humankinds legacy and history is there to claim and learn from or simply marvel at or to reflect upon or enjoy. Both sides in each war, the achievements of woman or man, every nation, every culture. The whole bit.

Got a better idea on the languages: Declare a Leftese lingo for all those that want to be Left, English for all that want to be American and segregate along those lines.
Stumpknocker
BTM - black tantrums matter!
titan
S

This isn't `blacks' this is LEFT blacks.
Bucketrunner
So, are they saying that Gullah is allowed? Gonna be fun grading those papers, lol.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Tanya 93
APHIS AG said:

4stringAg said:

This is what you'd get:

Well

She had a beauty line do really well in sales and has had two "songs" make the charts

Nuts
cbr
AG
i love it when groups of americans deliberately distance themselves from successful habits such as decent grammar, literacy, grooming, hygiene, etc., and also deliberately make up 'different' slang, and dress in different 'code clothes' (i.e. pants on the ground, dewrags (sp?), hoodies, whatever), as a uniform representing their refusal to be like mainstream middle class america, and then get mad when other groups treat them as their code uniform suggests they should.

'code clothes' are universal. for instance, in high school - goths all had to wear black everything and anti establishment slogans and take the same drugs and listen to the same music and hang out in the same places. Their uniform reflected how they were treated by other goths - no uni- no hanging out with the goths! And same with the preppies. and the FFA crowd. and the ....whatever.

As grown ups, it is still the same. Clean up and wear a nice suit, speak decently, and you will be treated one way in the general public. Generally with respect, no matter who you are.

Put a comb in your hair, wear ragged jeans with your ass hanging out, a dirty wife beater, gangsta rap hoodie, and air jordans untied, with a rag - well, you won't be treated the same, no matter who you are or what color you are.

Then they act surprised and shocked when people from other groups also tend to treat them like members of the group whose code uniform they are wearing.

the New Amerika is even more amazing, now they get to demand that everyone has to wear their 'code clothes' and speak their 'deliberately different' slang!

Except when they dont like it, then its 'cultural appropriation'

what a time to be alive.

*disclaimer - i went to an almost all black elementary and all my friends at one point were black... then i went to SA... then i went to recently desegregated texas middle school.... then A&M, and then i went to kansas city - home of 'liberal' scumbags with 'obama' yard signs all over their completely and totally segregated white neighborhoods, that would never, ever, ever, speak to their few black neighbors on the end of the street, ever, period -- and were pissed that we made friends of them.

UTExan
How about they start their own country and make Ebonics the accepted language? I be sure dat gon be gooooood fo' evahbody!
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
rsemingson
The called "ebonics" in Oakland in the 80's. Never caught on.
ShaggySLC
Tanya 93 said:

APHIS AG said:

4stringAg said:

This is what you'd get:

Well

She had a beauty line do really well in sales and has had two "songs" make the charts

Nuts
Heard about the beauty line making here a lot, didn't realize she was still singing. Entered rehab in June according to google.
doubledog
The black academics should teach black students Yoruba. Leave us the Queen's English.
geoag58
AG
No Longer Subsribed
cypress-ag
AG
GeorgiAg said:

GeorgiaAg,

My mother and father grew up speaking only Czech as children but continued to speak it as adults at home and with the older folks of their home communites. Later in life they traveled to the Czech Republic and the people were amazed that they spoke Czech. They too compared it to the Czech that their grandparents spoke. One lady was so certain that my mother was from the community that she grew up in and couldn't believe she never lived in the Czech Republic.

That video you provided was awesome. Love spending time in Fredericksburg and hearing the folks speak German. Thanks so much..
CanyonAg77
AG
Wiki says "cash me ouside" girl is a rapper with $10,000,000 at age 17.

No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American people.
Ole Army 72
AG
These profs are probably the same ones who years ago demanded that "Toys R Us" stores in black communities be renamed "We B Toys." Actually, that was a joke going around in the 80's.
ProgN
Viper16
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Are they demanding or just axing?
They may be "trynna" do boff.
Stumpknocker
World B Free was ahead of his time by about 20 years!

He B mah boyee!
Stupid@17
AG
Im a bit late to party, but damn it sounds like people are pushing that failed ebonics as a language again.
japantiger
S
Yo! Dese professors should turn dahs from parody ah-nta real-ah-tay ....

monarch
S
Here's my thoughts: F***'em.
Peace for Ukraine!
GeorgiAg
AG
cypress-ag said:

GeorgiAg said:

GeorgiaAg,

My mother and father grew up speaking only Czech as children but continued to speak it as adults at home and with the older folks of their home communites. Later in life they traveled to the Czech Republic and the people were amazed that they spoke Czech. They too compared it to the Czech that their grandparents spoke. One lady was so certain that my mother was from the community that she grew up in and couldn't believe she never lived in the Czech Republic.

That video you provided was awesome. Love spending time in Fredericksburg and hearing the folks speak German. Thanks so much..
I was trying to make a joke but when I watched the video, it was cool. I knew there were a lot of Germans in Tx. There is also a community of them in far west GA, but I've never heard anyone speaking English.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.