Black Professors Demand Abolition Of 'White Mainstream English' For 'Black Linguistic

8,206 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GeorgiAg
AnScAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hate what hippies in the 60's started that ruined our country. This **** is not just stupid, it's actually unbelievable.
MouthBQ98
AG
If we cannot standardize on a language then we cannot communicate effectively.

They want to do this intentionally to cause conflict which they hope to exploit.

If we cannot agree on a general set of linguistic rules to operate under so we can understand the convention and define the terms in which we operate, nothing amongst us is certain and we cannot trust eachother.
AGHouston11
AG
This has to be an effort to help translate what SJL is saying!!
AlexNguyen
TexAgs91 said:

Quote:

Aug. 23 ,2010, 2010 -- The U.S. Department of Justice is looking for fluent Ebonics speakers to fill nine drug enforcement jobs, giving merit to a dialect that experts say is often mimicked and little understood.

The federal Drug Enforcment Administration translators would work out of the Atlanta field office according to a Justice Department request, posted online today by The Smoking Gun.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wanted-ebonics-translator-federal-dea-job/story?id=11462206

This may make sense in the context of law enforcement. It however does not make sense to legitimize and make de factor a second official language along wiith the accompanying economic inefficiencies. Image having to maintain forms in another language aside from English and perhaps Spanish, etc. Or needing to hire school aides fluent in this "language" to help kids navigate within the standard curriculum.

There are lots of stupid progressive ideas. However, I find this one particularly pernicious and it will destroy the community it purports to help instead of gving them voice and stature.
TexAgs91
AG
AlexNguyen said:

This may make sense in the context of law enforcement. It however does not make sense to legitimize and make de factor a second official language along wiith the accompanying economic inefficiencies.
Agreed
"Freedom is never more than one election away from extinction"
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Mac94
AG
Soooo ... we've had it stated that our history is racist, science is white supremacy, math is a function of white supremacy, and now english.

Pretty much takes out the core of U.S. education, lol.
Tex100
AG
Signing up for pig latin 101
MouthBQ98
AG
They are trying to treat a dialect as a unique defined language but also not hold that "language" to defined standards so that proficiency and expertise can be evaluated or its content cannot be precisely and legally defined to have a specific meaning.
Gigem314
AG
You done messed up...A-aron
FrioAg 00
AG
I always thought it was racist to suggest that anyone unhappy in America was welcomed to re-immigrate to their African origination.

However, if you knit all the recent demands together you basically have the core or what life in Africa already is. Move away from nuclear families and go back to a tribalism family model, abandon the core curriculum of compulsory education, disarm common citizens and instead move to "community" enforcement...

It does appear that these people think Liberia or Nigeria or even Somolia are the pentacles of civilization. So why NOT just move there rather than remake them here in America?
CanyonAg77
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Quote:

Aug. 23 ,2010, 2010 -- The U.S. Department of Justice is looking for fluent Ebonics speakers to fill nine drug enforcement jobs, giving merit to a dialect that experts say is often mimicked and little understood.

The federal Drug Enforcment Administration translators would work out of the Atlanta field office according to a Justice Department request, posted online today by The Smoking Gun.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wanted-ebonics-translator-federal-dea-job/story?id=11462206

Can speak Ebonics and pass an extensive background check?

CanyonAg77
AG
HtownAg92
AG
Quote:

We demand teachers and researchers acknowledge that socially constructed terms such as academic language and standard English are false and entrenched in notions of white supremacy and whiteness that contribute to anti-Black linguistic racism. teachers STOP telling Black students that they have to "learn standard English to be successful because that's just the way it is in the real world." No, that's not just the way it is; that's anti-Black linguistic racism. researchers, educators, influencers, and public scholars reject notions of a single nonmainstream language category that erases the linguistic, cultural, and political specificity of Black Language and Life struggles.
Of all people who know what it takes to be successful in the real world, researchers, educators, influencers and public scholars are at the top of the list.
Teslag
AG
Ebonics is cultural appropriation of the English people.
Cholula Verde
AG
Thank you Canyon!
TxTarpon
Do Spanish speakers have this level of koo koo?

Do Chinese speakers have this level of koo koo?
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
wyoag93
AG
What it is, big mama? My mama didn't raise no dummies. Shhhiiiit
Maroon Dawn
AG
Desperate attempt to keep blacks on the Dem voting plantation

Keep them segregated and unable to communicate effectively
Ag87H2O
AG
White English? Anyone who thinks a language can be a color is ignorant.
Gradaggie05
AG
I get what you're saying and i chuckled.

But I wouldn't compare a language group that's been around for probably tens of thousands of years (Khoisan) to this lazy *******izations of English. Axe, dindu, Ikahafdat? Etc. While this "language" originally sprang from lack of education ie ignorance, it has now been embraced as a symbol of manufactured unity.

Unlike those click clicks, this "language" adds no context or value. It does not advance or disseminate ideas efficiently. It has evolved to be useful to the lowest common denominator and thus has little to know value for higher cognitive ability.

Ironically the folks still clicking away on the plains of Africa would probably look at these "black linguistic speakers" as gibbering idiots. And they'd be right.

Spotted Ag said:

What language are we supposed to speak? Good grief

Clickety click click tick tock doop click click click click clicky doop
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Biggest prophets of this age?

Orwell and Judge
CanyonAg77
AG
Cholula Verde said:

Thank you Canyon!
Let's be serious. A lot of black slang started with southern slang. Heck, growing up in the country, I have a lot of country slang that makes me look less than brilliant. But I learned how to speak better, anyone can.
JaxDad
AG
No. Way. Beyond stupid. I saw an article about a black nba player calling another player A white boy and his tweet was a bunch of nonsensical street talk
Pops81
AG
Science Denier said:

Ebonics??
Pops81
Spinnerag
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Wow, they really want to keep black people down. You want to become a doctor, lawyer, engineer, any professional career? You need to first learn how to speak intelligently, not learn the "black language."

This inherently means that the "black language" is/ sounds less intelligent....racist! Delete post ban user and all who blue starred him
CanyonAg77
AG
Spinnerag said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Wow, they really want to keep black people down. You want to become a doctor, lawyer, engineer, any professional career? You need to first learn how to speak intelligently, not learn the "black language."

This inherently means that the "black language" is/ sounds less intelligent....racist! Delete post ban user and all who blue starred him
Hey! Poor people are just as smart as white people!
One Louder
AG
Mac94 said:

Soooo ... we've had it stated that our history is racist, science is white supremacy, math is a function of white supremacy, and now english.

Pretty much takes out the core of U.S. education, lol.

Something tells me that blond hair will continue to be appropriated by black women.
The Fife
Madman said:

The BBC already has news in Pidgin.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin

They even have clickbait in Pidgin

I read that in Miss Cleo voice.
The Shank Ag
For shizzle
Tanya 93
Being able to speak two or more languages, and know when it is appropriate to use each one, is an actual advantage.

Speak the AAV at home and use standard American dialect in school and learn which one is acceptable in your career.

I, however, have no problems correcting my son or my siblings or their kids when it comes to grammar.
Madman
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Being able to speak two or more languages, and know when it is appropriate to use each one, is an actual advantage.

Speak the AAV at home and use standard American dialect in school and learn which one is acceptable in your career.

I, however, have no problems correcting my son or my siblings or their kids when it comes to grammar.

AAV?

Which one is it?

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/AAV

Australian Alpaca Veterinarians?
mazag08
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Are they demanding or just axing?
Ags4DaWin
sorry. i will not participate in cultural appropriation.

no matter which SJW ******bag tells me i should
annie88
AG
This **** must stop.
LOYAL AG
AG
This reminds me, Idiocracy is currently available on HBO.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.