NSAIP - BLOC of Texas A&M (black leaders on campus) has given their demands

15,812 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Muy
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBRex said:

I'm am curious how they plan to get 50% of former students to be black or POC.
They just didn't include the "kill whitey" in print, it's too soon.
Artorias
AG
I have 2 words for these demands...

**** you

agsalaska
AG
Tell them to **** off
cazadore
Demands? On what basis? Attending a University and expanding one's formal education is a privilege, not a right. TAMU has been in existence for a lot longer than these people have been alive. They should respect the institution. But that's just it, this generation does not realize that respect is earned and not given.
cityagboy
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

cityagboy said:

Tanya 93 said:

cityagboy said:

jefe95 said:

Demands are not discussion points
So if you are applying for a job would you list your salary as a starting point or more of a demand?

Everything is a discussion....
Well, they actually say demands

I would never call what I would want in a salary a demand, nor things like vacation
Stand up for yourself and make some demands otherwise your employer will look at you as a pushover and take advantage of you!
I've hired people in the past. I am currently looking for my next position. I'll just say that if any candidate had made a demand (for a specific salary) comparable with the demands of these BLOC commies, I'd have ended the interview. With the shoe on the other foot, I will tell them a range of what I'm looking for but that I am negotiable. Everything is negotiable with a potential employer unless they have stated up-front that their salary amount is firm and not open to discussion, take-it-or-leave-it kind of number. If the number if fair, it is not being a push-over if you accept.
Everything is negotiable. That is my point. Demands from clients, distributors, etc. Even if it starts as a demand it's negotiable....
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
To an extent, I agree.

While interviewing for the last position I had, I was told what the salary was up-front. I threw out that I thought I might be worth a bit more, to which they responded, essentially, take-it-or-leave-it. That's not much of a negotiation, honestly. I took the position, although now I regret that considering how my boss there was a lying dog-faced pony-soldier who did not bother to actually do his job effectively with regard to my role there.
BigRobSA
cityagboy said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

cityagboy said:

Tanya 93 said:

cityagboy said:

jefe95 said:

Demands are not discussion points
So if you are applying for a job would you list your salary as a starting point or more of a demand?

Everything is a discussion....
Well, they actually say demands

I would never call what I would want in a salary a demand, nor things like vacation
Stand up for yourself and make some demands otherwise your employer will look at you as a pushover and take advantage of you!
I've hired people in the past. I am currently looking for my next position. I'll just say that if any candidate had made a demand (for a specific salary) comparable with the demands of these BLOC commies, I'd have ended the interview. With the shoe on the other foot, I will tell them a range of what I'm looking for but that I am negotiable. Everything is negotiable with a potential employer unless they have stated up-front that their salary amount is firm and not open to discussion, take-it-or-leave-it kind of number. If the number if fair, it is not being a push-over if you accept.
Everything is negotiable. That is my point. Demands from clients, distributors, etc. Even if it starts as a demand it's negotiable....
As a regional manager that hires, yeah. No.

I get "demands" regularly. Exactly zero of those people making said demands are current, or former, employees.

Words mean things.

A negotiation, I'll respond to. A "demand"? Go **** yourself.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Bucketrunner
What that says is that they feel they cannot compete on a level playing field like they have now. How pathetic.
Old_Ag_91
AG
Their "requests" won't end at this. It will just get more and more outrageous. Texas A&M can either bend the knee to the marxist movement or they can hold to what is right. If they go marxist, they better be prepared to lose a lot of alumni and funding support.
Ethelmae
All this is are a handful of racist black idiots(that probably got accepted into A&M with the lower standards or scholarships that are ONLY offered to blacks) that have zero influence on anything that matters. Take it with a grain of salt.
Tarponfly
AG
$%&* off.
MostlyHarmless
AG
Squadron7 said:

Anyone seeing the good perfesser Alvard resigning in order to open up a slot for a POC?

Yeah, me neither.

Well, he just needs to check his white privilege and do the right thing.
AzAg80
AG
Black students at A&M can do much better than these so-called "leaders" who cannot see past a person's skin color. Meanwhile people in Hell are demanding ice water but it doesn't mean they'll get it.
Good Poster
AG
That tweet is legitimately one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
DTP02
AG
Is there some reason the OP brought up a tweet from June 22?

I guess if you wanted to give their demands more publicity, then good job. I spend too much time on TexAgs and had never seen those before.
KDubAg
AG
Nm
TarponChaser
cityagboy said:

Why are so many non-Aggies here discussing Aggie issues. I fully respect and appreciate non-Aggie fans but stay in athletic discussions or political discussions that don't involve campus issues.
There are a whole bunch of us here who lost Ag tags thanks to bannings and so forth.

As for these demands...

vmiaptetr
AG
I really need a burner account for these types of threads.
APHIS AG
And Young is going to give into each demand.
ProgN
APHIS AG said:

Young is packing his boxes, he's otw out.
South Platte
Heaven help us.
Aggieland Proud
AG
Prognightmare said:

APHIS AG said:

I can only hope that is true about Young being on his way out. I'll believe it when I see it. I'd love to help him pack his boxes though.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
How is this any different than any of the other groups that have popped up over the last few months?
chase128
AG
They want to hire more black faculty? How is that even legal when it's illegal to hire based on race?
aggiehawg
AG
Prognightmare said:

APHIS AG said:

When? Can't happen soon enough.
aggiehawg
AG
chase128 said:

They want to hire more black faculty? How is that even legal when it's illegal to hire based on race?
Yes, it's illegal.
The TC Jester
These black separatist groups do way more harm to race relations and progress than they could ever imagine. It's sad.
DallasAg 94
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
The TC Jester said:

These black separatist groups do way more harm to race relations and progress than they could ever imagine. It's sad.

your mistake is thinking they care about race relations or progress.
Dad
AG
As a person of color I do not think the university should cave to any of these demands. Making everything about race only divides us and black supremacy is every bit as evil as white supremacy.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Hahaha holy **** I just realized this tweet is 2 months old and literally no one noticed.

No reason to care about this.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
aggiehawg said:

chase128 said:

Yes, it's illegal.
But their intention is so pure and wonderful, the law should not apply
ProgN
Dad said:

As a person of color I do not think the university should cave to any of these demands. Making everything about race only divides us and black supremacy is every bit as evil as white supremacy.
Should be POTD
ProgN
Patience, it's happening.
T Durden
AG
Dad said:

Put this former student on whatever committee gets formed and let's watch heads explode!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.