NSAIP - BLOC of Texas A&M (black leaders on campus) has given their demands

15,828 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Muy
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can you really get 50% of the campus minority, not counting Asian I guess, if they don't apply?
Glenlivet
AG
I think they should eff off
jefe95
AG
Demands are not discussion points
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Why anyone ever listens to the pouting child and the bratty malcontents is quite flustering. These idiots should be told in no uncertain terms, Highway 6 runs both ways.

But of course, they won't be. They'll be coddled and everyone who does not fit into their little group of Marxists will be told to adjust to their whims. F that noise.
SLAM
Fishin Texas Aggie 05 said:

Apparently they are on Twitter, I'm not.

Here is their demands

There are many things I want to say in response to this but all of them will get me immediately banned.

I don't want any of these people here and want them all gone. I don't care if this is racist, these people are a ****ing cancer.
cityagboy
AG
jefe95 said:

So if you are applying for a job would you list your salary as a starting point or more of a demand?

Everything is a discussion....
JDL 96
Disappointed with myself I clicked on this thread. Didn't read the "demands" or whatever. Not interested.
Cyprian
AG
Yea, so much for not judging by race rather than merit. That is blatantly hypocritical.

Also, good luck to them with the demands. So, I wonder what happens next? More "strongly worded" tweets when they realize they can't get their way? How many tweets will this take until they win?
Tanya 93
cityagboy said:

jefe95 said:

So if you are applying for a job would you list your salary as a starting point or more of a demand?

Well, they actually say demands

I would never call what I would want in a salary a demand, nor things like vacation
japantiger
S
texagbeliever said:

Create their own rules, with their own punishments, led by their own judges. Something about this seems wrong but i can't quite put a finger on it...

We have to have unequal protection under the law to achieve equal protection....we, uh, the thing....
TChaney
I know at least three people that signed this are deeply racist.

Is it safe to assume the rest of them are as well?
DG-Ag
AG
Cassius said:

We long for the day when people are not judged by the content of their character, but by the color of their skin.

/MLK
I'm afraid MLK isn't "black" enough for this current crop of malcontents.
rlb28
AG
On the ACCOUNTABILITY demand... one of their leaders faked a racist note on a car. Has there been any accountability shown yet?
I Am A Critic
So they want to turn the flagship into PVAMU. Hwy 290 runs both ways.
Username checks out.
The Fife

Twitter garbage from OP
They can go and **** themselves, along with anyone in the administration who goes along with even a small piece of it.
dBoy99
AG
MaxPower said:

Most I'm fine with. It may be difficult to double black representation in faculty. Many schools are trying to do similar things and there are only so many qualified black professors on the planet.

I see a similar problem in my industry (public accounting). Every major accounting firm would hire as many qualified black candidates as they can. The problem is you need to have an accounting degree and, realistically, a grad degree to become a CPA. There are just only so many black candidates that meet that criteria. It isn't about intelligence. It's simply that, for whatever reason, black people are less likely to choose to be an accountant. I'm not going to pretend to understand the sociological and political reasons that result in that outcome, but it is what it is.

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...
cityagboy
AG
Tanya 93 said:

cityagboy said:

jefe95 said:

I would never call what I would want in a salary a demand, nor things like vacation
Stand up for yourself and make some demands otherwise your employer will look at you as a pushover and take advantage of you!
Squadron7
AG
Owlagdad
I Am A Critic said:

So they want to turn the flagship into PVAMU. Hwy 290 runs both ways.

Lol, had many black marginal athletes to turn down scholies to PV to either go juco or just be regular students. The one who did go , was home in a semester shaking his head.

On other notes how many merchants will go the way of Abuelos and Veritas? I was always good for 2-3 trips to CS a year, why would I want to go where folks might care for me because I am white? I could go to 5th ward for that.
ABATTBQ11
AG
**** these people
J. Walter Weatherman
...or else what? What's their plan if the university says no to everything?
Squadron7
AG
Anyone seeing the good perfesser Alvard resigning in order to open up a slot for a POC?

Yeah, me neither.
Signel
AG
Basically solidifying my resolve to not send my kids despite having all the funding saved up. I continue to see the university go in a direction where I am not welcome anymore.

I tossed my ring in the drawer a few months ago, and haven't put it back on. I might as well dump my ag tag too. I really only come here to keep up with what is going on in the world lately because I no longer watch news networks.
Biz Ag
AG
Quote:

Create a trained oversight board consisting of diverse students, faculty, and staff of color to review Stop Hate Report cases related to race & discrimination to ensure follow-through & action
You mean to investigate threatening hoax messages left under windshield wipers and such?
Jack Squat 83
AG
"The cries of the Black Aggie community will no longer be silenced.

It must have been one HELL of a conspiracy to keep all of the cries quiet over all of these years. Thousands of people must have been involved to keep anyone from hearing about the horrible treatment our Aggie POC must have routinely endured.

I myself or zero % of the hundreds(thousands?) of friends/classmates/Aggies that I was ever around on campus OR in everyday life(with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 a-holes who aren't close) have appeared to have an ounce of racism in their body. I and those around me have always judged people by who they are and not what color their skin is. I have always cared for and respected those who do the same to me and consider many of my minority friends as some of the finest people I know.

Victim-hood or preferential treatment will never provide a pathway to success - but hard work, an education and taking advantage of opportunites will.
oldarmyjess66
AG
The Demands for Commission on Historical Representation items appear to eliminate much of the history of this nation.
Loons going to try to run the asylum.
ProgN

Here is their demands

LoudestWHOOP!
AG

Here is their demands

Isn't there a traditional black college out there somewhere that needs more rioters Antifa activists students ?
mjschiller
AG
BLOC is a racist organization patterned after the Mao/Marxist Communist BLM. Check out who is funding BLOC. You will find George Soros, Open Society, and BLM Inc. and Kellogg Foundation.

Search how many A&M professors support BLOC.
Marvin J. Schiller
B-1 83
AG
As a former student, here's my answer". "F$#@ you!"

We now continue with our regularly scheduled program.
agAngeldad
JP_Losman
AG
is this a parody???
30wedge
Tanya 93 said:

cityagboy said:

jefe95 said:

Me either. I would guess if an applicant or someone being interviewed used the word "demand" with regard to salary, vacation, etc., their odds of getting the job would be pretty low.
BBRex
AG
I'm am curious how they plan to get 50% of former students to be black or POC.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
cityagboy said:

Tanya 93 said:

cityagboy said:

jefe95 said:

Stand up for yourself and make some demands otherwise your employer will look at you as a pushover and take advantage of you!
I've hired people in the past. I am currently looking for my next position. I'll just say that if any candidate had made a demand (for a specific salary) comparable with the demands of these BLOC commies, I'd have ended the interview. With the shoe on the other foot, I will tell them a range of what I'm looking for but that I am negotiable. Everything is negotiable with a potential employer unless they have stated up-front that their salary amount is firm and not open to discussion, take-it-or-leave-it kind of number. If the number if fair, it is not being a push-over if you accept.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.