Apparently Biden gave a "homerun" speech last night...

4,645 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Artimus Gordon
Post removed:
by user
Clown_World
How long do you want to ignore this user?
According to the media, anything where Biden didn't drool would be considered a homerun.
CNN is the enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
titan
S

From what seeing it was pretty lame and contained no admissions of what they want to do. Either that, or the market DOES know what they want to do!
aTm2004
AG
If he hit a homerun last night with his speech, that means he's able to debate, right?
YouBet
AG
Of course he did. He was always going to. Guy could fall face first into his pudding and it would be a homerun speech.

Meanwhile, my left wing buddy who slobbers over everything the Democrats do said it sucked. That's telling for me.
Post removed:
by user
FbgTxAg
AG
I'll recap it for you.

Pathos
Trump bad
Pathos
Trump bad
Obama and Me
Trump bad
Pathos
Trump bad
Pathos
Pathos
Pathos
aginlakeway
AG
titan said:

From what seeing it was pretty lame and contained no admissions of what they want to do. Either that, or the market DOES know what they want to do!

Correct. Nothing on policy.
japantiger
S

DId they really have Jr introduce him? When I first saw the tweets on this I thought it was Babylon Bee...

Get Off My Lawn
Was it live, pre-recorded, or unknown?
1997Aggie
AG
Only took 1500 takes in pre-taping the speech to get it just right.
milner79
Rendered Fat said:

Perino, Wallace and all of the usual suspects on Fox are also drooling all over it too.
Please tell me Donna Brazile found it comforting and enlightening.
Ag87H2O
AG
I forced myself to watch about 3-4 minutes of it and during the short time I listened he honestly came off to me as someone who was trying to act outraged and angry but it just didn't work. It seemed like feaux anger and fake. He was obviously reading prepared remarks and then trying to make his emotion match the words. It came off kind of wierd and contrived. I'm sure he hit all the talking points but I wouldn't call it a great speech by any stretch.
titan
S
Rendered Fat said:

Perino, Wallace and all of the usual suspects on Fox are also drooling all over it too.
MSM's ers have more in common than they do not. Apart from a few outliers that genuinely take on the way things are like Tucker. Few of them are impacted by national upheaval any more than party members.
SW AG80
AG
CoachO_08 said:

According to the media, anything where Biden didn't drool would be considered a homerun.
That made me laugh out loud, a lot.
Rapier108
The media, including Fox News, always declares the Democrat speech to be the greatest speech in history.

They then call the Republican speech horrible, divisive, angry, hostile, negative, dividing, dark, etc. etc. etc.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TRADUCTOR
Well they where short a few moments of achieving 'total' prep of Biden. Totally lost and confused at end of speech till Jill came out and told him come with me and you will get some applesauce.
DG-Ag
AG
Maybe an inside the park HR where the right fielder took a bad angle and then the ball got stuck under the fence?? And the second baseman slipped as he was trying to make a relay throw?
aginlakeway
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

Was it live, pre-recorded, or unknown?

Unknown.

It could have been taped.

Trump has said "much" of the GOP will be live.
Post removed:
by user
TAMU1990
AG
Ag87H2O said:

I forced myself to watch about 3-4 minutes of it and during the short time I listened he honestly came off to me as someone who was trying to act outraged and angry but it just didn't work. It seemed like feaux anger and fake. He was obviously reading prepared remarks and then trying to make his emotion match the words. It came off kind of wierd and contrived. I'm sure he hit all the talking points but I wouldn't call it a great speech by any stretch.
Same thoughts. It was robotic.
agdad4x
homerun ?- maybe in a peewee league park
4stringAg
AG
Rendered Fat said:

"Homerun" was Dana Perino's exact quote.
Homerun because he was well rehearsed and didn't trip over his tongue. That's the bar that's been set. Also, it was red meat for his base which is probably what is typical at these but it contained nothing of substance.

And Rapier is right. Trump could give a talk at the RNC about the positives from his administration and a positive outlook post Covid and the media would call it divisive and dark. Meanwhile Biden, Obama, and most of the Dems that spoke spewed nothing but venom and hatred all while claiming they would "unite America"

The media including the news guys like Wallace on Fox are little more than Dem shills.
agz win
AG
It started slow but then he drew his base in with a strong middle and ending. One of the best I have seen him do and he stepped up to the big time pressure to deliver. The moderates voting block could still be in play.

Gonna be fun to see what the GOP and Trump comes up with next week.
titan
S
agdad4x said:

homerun ?- maybe in a peewee league park
This is the same media that ducks under a table when they hear an air raid siren. That crop is not the top tier of national fortitude. The bar for them is relatively low.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm Ron Bergundy?
YouBet
AG
4stringAg said:

Rendered Fat said:

"Homerun" was Dana Perino's exact quote.
Homerun because he was well rehearsed and didn't trip over his tongue. That's the bar that's been set. Also, it was red meat for his base which is probably what is typical at these but it contained nothing of substance.

And Rapier is right. Trump could give a talk at the RNC about the positives from his administration and a positive outlook post Covid and the media would call it divisive and dark. Meanwhile Biden, Obama, and most of the Dems that spoke spewed nothing but venom and hatred all while claiming they would "unite America"

The media including the news guys like Wallace on Fox are little more than Dem shills.
I think this is the reality. The Democrats and the media were 100% in angst before this wondering if he would simply be able to coherently speak and not forget where he was mid-sentence.

Anything above and beyond that was a huge success for them.
JW
AG
Is it a home run if nobody saw it
Martin Cash
AG
Rendered Fat said:

And stocks slide this morning. Was the speech that damnn good?
Huh? Market opened up and has been up all morning.
aggie appraiser
Nobody's chirping about it on Facebook. Not one pro-Biden comment.
lead
CoachO_08 said:

. It's the hyper-political right that set that standard.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
Home run?

Yeah, just like this guy:

rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
rwpag71
AG
Rendered Fat said:

Since Biden gave this "enormously effective" speech, you would think Wallace would be calling Joe out daily for a live interview. Of course he won't. Neither of them want that.
3 Toed Pete
AG
Rapier108 said:

The media, including Fox News, always declares the Democrat speech to be the greatest speech in history.

They then call the Republican speech horrible, divisive, angry, hostile, negative, dividing, dark, etc. etc. etc.
All true, but I'll point out that "dark" and "divisive" will be the 2 of those words most commonly used to describe Trump's speech since they all get their talking points from the same source.

I'd throw in "chilling" but that is so 2016
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.