Kamala Harris is not "African-American"-She's Ethnically Indian And Jamaican

5,610 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by doubledog
Houston Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

Kamala Harris Isn't African-American. She's Ethnically Indian And Jamaican. That's Not The Same Thing.

-AUGUST 11, 2020 - RAHEEM KASSAM

Quote:

Joe Biden recently implied blacks in America are a monolith. Now, by calling his Vice Presidential pick Kamala Harris "African-American," the media is endorsing his racist position that all blacks are the same.

While the media will continue to portray Harris as African-American, it's important to note her mother was from India, and her father from Jamaica. That's not typically what people think of when they say "African-American". I'm Indian, for example, and I don't go around pretending to be black. Political activist Ali Alexander of half African extraction himself noted the matter over a year ago, tweeting: "Kamala Harris is *not* an American Black. She is half Indian and half Jamaican. I'm so sick of people robbing American Blacks (like myself) of our history. It's disgusting." He was met with derision from white liberal reporters in the establishment media, who demanded there was no difference. The fact the Democrats would select an Indian-Jamaican candidate and bill them as African-American in year marred by Black Lives Matter riots would usually be unthinkable.

Then you remember they continuously call men who identify as women, "women," and allow them to compete in women's sports. Of course this short post is going to send the media into a tailspin as they attempt to defend Harris and steer Biden toward the White House. They'll call this important distinction a "racial attack," on Harris, as they have on the past. Even though the writer of this article shares an ethnic background with Harris: Indian. But don't take my word for it. Kamala Harris's own father has lashed out about her race-grifting, telling a Canadian magazine in 2019: My dear departed grandmothers, as well as my deceased parents, must be turning in their grave right now to see their family's name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics. Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty.

And I suspect there will be a large number of African-Americans across the United States who aren't happy with their ethnicity or race being co-opted to suit a political candidate who shares little with them. The same for the Native Americans who weren't so hot on Elizabeth Warren prancing around pretending to be one of them, in order to further her career. The truth many are learning, and that many already knew, is that the left does in fact class all immigrants as one group, and they ruthlessly attack ethnic minorities who deviate from the liberal plantation. I should know, I've been one of them. Early on in my career I was told by a left-wing activist in the United Kingdom that I couldn't be a conservative because I was brown. "You're one of us," he said. Or words to that effect. He later apologized, but the cat was out of the bag. Kamala Harris needs to clarify, or go down as a race-grifter. She can't run as an "African-American." And the Trump campaign should not let the Democrats get away with co-opting race in this shameful way.

https://thenationalpulse.com/editor/kamala-harris-isnt-african-american/
ChrisTAMU
AG
I love when the left eats itself.
Gigem314
AG
Jamaican them crazy?

Red Stripe Hooray Beer!
Slicer97
AG
If you're voting for someone based on their race/skin color rather than their policy, you are the problem.
B-1 83
AG
Slicer97 said:

If you're voting for someone based on their race/skin color rather than their policy, you are the problem.
But.......but.......but.......it relieves so much guilt!
nu awlins ag
AG
Last night on Tucker, not just myself and Tucker, but the WHOLE world was told how to pronounce here name by that twit Richard. The dude wouldn't or couldn't even answer his questions. He kept reverting back to Trump and the "grabbing" thing. This is going to be a fun 4 months.
Houston Lee
AG
SLAM
Tariq Nasheed can't stand her for this reason. He says everything about her is fake.
Prosperdick
AG
Slicer97 said:

When you're a party devoid of reason and logic it makes sense they would embrace identity politics...it's science!!!
HollywoodBQ
AG
Uncle Hotep did a pretty good video explaining it.
You don't have to be Black to go to Howard
Also, I guess she has some slave owners in her Jamaican heritage.
It'll be fun to watch this all unfold over the next 90 days.

Clob94
Gigem314 said:

Jamaican them crazy?

Red Stripe Hooray Beer!
Every-ting gon be I-ree.
justcallmeharry
S
Romello
Jamaicans are decendents of African slaves brought there by the Spanish in the 15 century.
milner79
nu awlins ag said:

Last night on Tucker, not just myself and Tucker, but the WHOLE world was told how to pronounce here name by that twit Richard. The dude wouldn't or couldn't even answer his questions. He kept reverting back to Trump and the "grabbing" thing. This is going to be a fun 4 months.
"It is like the punctuation," he kept saying. And Carlson, after that, never tried to get it right.

You say Comma-la. I say Ka-MAL-ah.
You say DOOR-sit. I say Dor-SET.
Let's call the whole thing off ...
aggie appraiser
TurkeyBaconLeg said:

Quote:

And I suspect there will be a large number of African-Americans across the United States who aren't happy with their ethnicity or race being co-opted to suit a political candidate who shares little with them. The same for the Native Americans who weren't so hot on Elizabeth Warren prancing around pretending to be one of them, in order to further her career. The truth many are learning, and that many already knew, is that the left does in fact class all immigrants as one group, and they ruthlessly attack ethnic minorities who deviate from the liberal plantation. I should know, I've been one of them. Early on in my career I was told by a left-wing activist in the United Kingdom that I couldn't be a conservative because I was brown. "You're one of us," he said. Or words to that effect. He later apologized, but the cat was out of the bag. Kamala Harris needs to clarify, or go down as a race-grifter. She can't run as an "African-American." And the Trump campaign should not let the Democrats get away with co-opting race in this shameful way.

https://thenationalpulse.com/editor/kamala-harris-isnt-african-american/

It didn't seem to bother many people when Obama did it.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Quote:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but not by the content of their character.
Staff - take out the trash.
TexAgs91
AG
Jamaicans... Africans... they're all the same right Joe?
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
CanyonAg77
AG
So....back in the bad old days, white Democrats were obsessed about race. "Even one drop" of black blood would make you black. If you were 1/4 black, you were a quadroon. One eighth made you an octaroon. These were very important, legal definitions, that defined your life.

Flash forward 150 to 200 years....

Democrats haven't changed at all.
Houstonag
AG
I always wonder why the hyphenated names that are associated with politicians. I thought we were Americans and some cases we are fortunate to be called Texans and Texas Aggies. WHOOP!

My mother was basically Italian with significant DNA from Persia and the Iberian peninsula. My father was Irish with a fair percentage from Scandinavia and Denmark. Well I am American and so happy for it.

If my grandparents had immigrated to Mexico or South America I would be called Hispanic or Latin not American.

Post removed:
by user
Ciboag96
So liberals accuse conservatives of race profiling.

Yet, they race profile for the 2nd highest position in the country.

notex
AG
I'd think the biggest issue for the leftists would be not that her family is partially from Jamaica, but that they were in fact slave dealers/traders/owners as well. Should she in fact be paying reparations to American descendents of slaves?

Quote:

What do Stokely Carmichael, Harry Belafonte, Colin Powell, Sidney Poitier and Busta Rhymes have in common? And how are Beyonc, Ava DuVernay, Barack Obama and Kamala Harris alike?

None of the first set is descended from American slaves. All of the second are descended from slave-owners. Much of the media and the political establishment is pushing the idea of reparations for black Americans. But, as these lists show, it isn't obvious who should get paid and who should pay.

Consider the case of Kamala Harris. Should her Indian mother pay reparations to her Jamaican father for his partial ancestry from slaves? Should she foot half the bill? Or should her father, whose ancestors also owned slaves, be taxed based on his degree of descent from slave-owners? Or should he, born a Jamaican, pay reparations to Native Americans, or take his reparations suit to the Spanish and British governments, as Jamaica was never American territory?
Glenlivet
AG
nu awlins ag said:

I'm surprised he didn't tell Tucker to "say her name"
redass89
All those Jamaicans look alike, right Joe?
Cromagnum
AG
Slicer97 said:

The Dems are counting on the general population being dumb enough to fall for it too.
milner79
TexAgs91 said:

Jamaicans... Africans... they're all the same right Joe?
"C'mon, man! If you're saying she ain't black ... then you ain't black!"
notex
AG
Did she ever correct this publication to say she is actually black?

Quote:

"Most eligible Indian American bachelorette marries fellow lawyer" is how one Indian American media outlet reported the story.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Romello said:

Jamaicans are decendents of African slaves brought there by the Spanish in the 15 century.
So... how much does the USA owe them in reparations?

Or, should we pay them out and then file a reimbursement claim with Spain?
PacoPicoPiedra
AG
I guess they forgot about Frederick Douglas being VP pick for Victoria Woodhull (first female presidential candidate) in 1872. Sometimes, history matters.
TequilaMockingbird
HollywoodBQ said:

Romello said:

So... how much does the USA owe them in reparations?

Or, should we pay them out and then file a reimbursement claim with Spain?
Better question- how much does Kamala Harris owe them in reparations?
Sid Farkas
AG
NYT headline within 5 days from today...

"Kamala Harris Successfully Confronts Critics on Claims She's Not Truly African-American"

...then nary another mention ever again. Nothing to see here...move along

Same **** they did for Barry's relationships with Rev Wright and Bill Ayers

The opposition doesnt have enough entertainment/news horsepower to hound her into submission they way the left tries to do to Trump on a daily basis.
waitwhat?
There's plenty to go after Kamala on than something as silly as this. Jamaica is in the Americas and Jamaicans are from Africa. It's silly to suggest she can't call herself African-American.

They should be targeting the fact that she switches what she identifies as based on what's most politically prudent at the time.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
titan
S

Well it is the party of the `white hispanic' term and man as a woman, and vice versa.
milner79
waitwhat? said:

she switches what she identifies as based on what's most politically prudent at the time.
What a novel idea ...

BigRobSA
Same was said of Obama as Senator/Candidate Obama. A woman wrote a book or something about it and was even on The Colbert Report back in the day. She ended the interview with "He's black enough!"....to applause and Colbert feigning indignance.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.