WSU showing the rest of the gutless power 5 ADs how to handle out of control players.

2,059 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 96AgGrad
Buck Turgidson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NSIAP

Kick the mouthy punks out. It's as easy as that as long as your university doesn't place football wins as their #1 priority.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/02/washington-state-football-releasing-players-support-pac-12-movement/
brazagg
AG
Good for them!!
Panama Red
AG
May want to check the date on that. Update to story:

Quote:

"Without knowing the concerns of the group, I regret that my words cautioning Kassidy have become construed as opposition. I'm proud of our players and all the Pac-12 student-athletes for using their platform, especially for matters they are passionate about. WSU football student-athletes who have expressed support for the #WeAreUnited group will continue to be welcome to all team-related activities, unless they choose to opt out for health and safety reasons."

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/08/03/sports/sports-breaking/ex-hawaii-coach-rolovich-breaks-silence-over-washington-state-player-incident/
AnScAggie
AG
Thank goodness someone has a backbone.
Panama Red
AG
AnScAggie said:

Thank goodness someone has a backbone.
Finn
AG
Cassius
White man kneeleth
UTExan
WSU subsidizes its athletic program greatly. Athletes don't know what they are asking for here.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
IamGroot
AG
It's almost as if Mike Leach was still there! The Pirate`s legacy lives on!
Russ Dalrymple
AG
JaxDad
AG
Sounds like the woke mob got to the coach. I'm borderline on college sports right now but if this crap pushes through then I am done with all of it.
Tanya 93
Big brass balls

Never mind

damnit
Buck Turgidson
Well that's depressing. I guess somebody higher up decided to make him conform, much like coach Gundy.

Universities would probably be better off in the long run by getting rid of scholarship athletes.
ChiefKiefton
Why does everyone bow down to this ***** Especially when you have most likely made millions of dollars already during your career as a coach. I would quit in a heartbeat after telling them all to eat sand. Take my millions and live the good life in Wyoming or rural Texas.
Ag4coal
ChiefKiefton said:

Why does everyone bow down to this ***** Especially when you have most likely made millions of dollars already during your career as a coach. I would quit in a heartbeat after telling them all to eat sand. Take my millions and live the good life in Wyoming or rural Texas.
Yep. Especially since a firing would still end in a buyout.
BusterAg
AG
I think his position is reasonable.

If you want to speak your mind, OK.

If you are going on strike, or even threaten to go on strike, clean out your locker immediately.

Teams need players committed to winning, or else they lose.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
96AgGrad
AG
A good coach will always get picked up somewhere. I wouldn't want to coach kids trying to hold my program hostage anyway.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.