Rocky the Dog update

9,998 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Burrus86
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Be strong and get better Rocky. We're all pulling for you!
UTExan
God is still there for you, Rocky.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
rocky the dog
AG
A thousand blue stars to all of you!

Thank you for your prayers, support, and kind words. I am leaving for the ER in about an hour. Yesterday, a nurse in the neurology clinic told me the seizure was partly caused by my lack of sleep. I was driving home with my dogs when I lost feeling in my right hand. The right arm went numb like when your arm falls asleep. My right hand curled into a stiff claw, and the right side of my tongue grew numb as well. When I got home, I called my younger sister and as we talked my speech started to slur. I thought I was having a mild stroke, but it was diagnosed otherwise.

I'm afraid I got a little too confident in myself as the recovery seemed to be progressing smoothly. I violated some of the guidelines, including mowing my lawn. I thought nothing of it, but I was dead wrong. Did I just say dead? I have full confidence in the doctors at University Hospital that they will do the right thing for me, and the care from the nursing staff will get me back to where I need to be. My doggies are being taken care of by a great neighbor but if I have another stay in the hospital, I will miss them and they will wonder where I went and didn't come back. And I will miss being on Forum 16 with you, my Aggie family.

Thanks to Prog for "bullying" me into allowing him to inform you of my condition. If I get to go home today, I will eagerly post the Sunday Funnies tomorrow morning. Annie, your gifs lifted my spirit last evening. Zemira, cute meme. There are too many to acknowledge because my head hurts, but I want you to know how much I appreciate all of you and I will be back, sooner or later. God bless you all.

My doctor...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Praying for you buddy. Don't do too much, allow your body to recover. Hang in there!

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
AggieRain
Cant Think of a Name
CyclingAg82
AG
Team Cycling (mostly golfing now) is praying for your complete and quick recovery.

snowdog90
You are the best, Rocky. Hang in there, get well soon.
Tailgate88
AG
Great news Rocky! Now take care of yourself!
YouBet
AG
Get well soon!
redcrayon
AG
Less lawn mowing, more F16!

Get well, rocky!
aggiehawg
AG

Mornin', rocky!
littlebigman
The Operator said:

Hey Rocky Man,
I am more of a "lurker" type but I started recognizing your name because whatever post was made, you had a ridiculously funny GIF related to the topic. It really made me laugh many times when you had some hysterical gif that went along with each post made. Genius, man.. Pure genius. I hope I see you again soon.
Rocky, you are the reason I check in on this site often. Take care and I too, hope to see you again soon.
Tanya 93

Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Take care!!!
Old_Ag_91
AG
Much love and prayers brother.

Brutal Puffin
AG
Dog, we don't converse but you've earned more blue stars from me than any poster and it ain't close. They're piling up with your reduced activity, so get back soon.

We'll continue the prayers until you get the all clear.

richardag
Get well soon, a lot of people are rooting for you.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
BlueMiles
AG
Prayers that you recover quickly, Rocky.
BenFiasco14
AG
We're all pulling for you Rocky
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Tabasco
AG
Praying for a speedy recovery Rocky.

If not a mini-stroke, what did they say caused it (I know you said lack of sleep, but i mean medical diagnosis... Obviously don't respond if you don't disclose). Had to be scary AF.
titan
S
Rocky, praying for you.

Will re-iterate what said on the first thread--- dial-down the enthusiasm to return to posting. Listen to your doctors (not slavishly of course) and just keep it baby steps for a time. It will suffice if you post now and then just a line or two to let us know doing okay, as silence is very scary when it is known the last words was something dire going on.

FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
BenFiasco14
AG
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
aggiehawg
AG
rocky, still here and pulling for you.

Bunk Moreland
Take care of yourself Rocky! We want and need you around for many years.
dreyOO
Thank goodness you're alright. Listen to those docs!
fasthorse05
Quote:

Listen to those docs
Especially any of the young, female brunette docs. They're especially bright.
titan
S
BenFiasco14 said:

Now that is the proverbial spoiled brat dog incarnate.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
CanyonAg77
AG
Pulling for your continued recovery, friend.
RGLAG85
AG
Get well my friend! We need your levity around here.
Thomas Jefferson: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
TexasRebel
AG
Late to the thread, but glad to see goodish news before I posted.

Take care, Rocky!
BigRobSA
Kick names and take ass, my friend!
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
mjfrog
AG

Get back here! I mean get well soon.
mjfrog
AG

pretty please...
Zemira
AG
Get well soon Rocky!

Take the doctors advice and take it easy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.