Texas Shutdown Tomorrow [Thread started 7/5/20]

31,873 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by riverrataggie
SociallyConditionedAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone else heard the rumor that Texas will announce a thirty day shutdown tomorrow? Lone Star Park shut down due to COVID after one race today and apparently Hobby Lobby has told their employees to expect an announcement for a thirty day shutdown tomorrow. Abbott is trying to kill us.
Captain Pablo
AG
I have heard this rumor

No idea if it's true
redass89
Abbott will get a giant middle finger
gougler08
AG
Jade Helm will be next week too right?
FDT 1999
AG
Do I get a free pass if I'm protesting?
Love Gun
redass89 said:

Abbott has already got the giant middle finger. I think the people of Texas will evict him from the people's house
AGHouston11
AG
Is there a scheduled press conference?
atmtws
AG
If they do, we march. This is getting f*ucking absurd. Definitely since Texas Med Center came out and said the hysteria created by the media over the last few weeks was based on misunderstanding data and hospital operations.
Rapier108
ATMTWS said:

If they do, we march. This is getting f*ucking absurd. Def. Is that Texas Med Center came out and said the hysteria created by the media over the last few weeks was based on misunderstanding data and hospital operations.
The media and Coronabros have moved on from Houston to San Antonio and the RGV.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
atmtws
AG
Love Gun said:

redass89 said:

Abbott has already got the giant middle finger. I think the people of Texas will evict him from the people's house

Can the governor in Texas be recalled? I've searched online and couldn't find anything specific to Texas.
JR Ewingford
I hope everyone will not comply.
Rapier108
Quote:

Can the governor in Texas be recalled?
No
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
i is smart
AG
I would normally dismiss this type of rumor as a hoax, but nothing is out of the realm of possibility these days.
Shanked Punt
It is not going to happen. Closing the bars and the mask mandate fixed all of this of course.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
What would shock you at this point?
Gap
AG
No way.

We have a 7 day moving average of daily deaths of 35. New York was close to 1,000.

And we have 50% more people than New York.
Rapier108
AGHouston11 said:

Not that I can find.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Shanked Punt said:

It is not going to happen. Closing the bars and the mask mandate fixed all of this of course.

Another Shunked Pant
Dad
AG
I won't be shutting down crap no matter what the idiot says.
BigRobSA
Gap said:

No way.

We have a 7 day moving average of daily deaths of 35. New York was close to 1,000.

LOL

Since when has Abbott's ruhtarded ass applied logic during any of this stupid, weakass "pandemic"?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
rgag12
AG
I don't think it's true. Hospitals and deaths are not out of control.

In fact, shutting down in the first place is why we are seeing a spike in cases. If you shut down again you are kicking the can down the road, AGAIN
Prosperdick
AG
Cassius
redass89 said:

No he won't.
Cassius
Gap said:

No way.

Abbott is a moron. He could very well do it.
Rapier108
rgag12 said:

I don't think it's true. Hospitals and deaths are not out of control.

In fact, shutting down in the first place is why we are seeing a spike in cases. If you shut down again you are kicking the can down the road, AGAIN
All of the big counties are demanding the governor give them the power to shut down/lock down again. They say if they don't, the hospitals will be overwhelmed and we'll become Italy or worse.
Shanked Punt
AGHouston11 said:

Abbott seems to be ducking press conferences when "bad" news gets released as of late. I don't recall one for shutting bars down again or the mask mandate.
aginlakeway
AG
SociallyConditionedAg said:

Has anyone else heard the rumor that Texas will announce a thirty day shutdown tomorrow? Lone Star Park shut down due to COVID after one race today and apparently Hobby Lobby has told their employees to expect an announcement for a thirty day shutdown tomorrow. Abbott is trying to kill us.

I thought Hobby Lobby was closed on Sundays.
fullback44
AG
If this happens whose organizing the rally .. I haven't been to Austin in a while .. I'll bring as many people That I can fit Into the F350!
wbt5845
AG
aginlakeway said:

haha - i was gonna ask if chik-fil-a employees were told the same thing today.
aginlakeway
AG

Why would the whole state shut down? This makes no sense. The big counties or the entire state?
BigRobSA
aginlakeway said:

They are.

What does that have to do with the quoted text?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Cassius
aginlakeway said:

Why would the whole state shut down? This makes no sense. The big counties or the entire state?

Mandating state wide masks and closings made no sense either.
aginlakeway
AG
Cassius said:

aginlakeway said:

Mandating state wide masks and closings made no sense either.

I thought the mask mandate had exceptions for counties with less cases. Maybe I read that wrong.

So I don't think it was a statewide mask mandate.
BackPocket
Quote:

Hospitals and deaths are not out of control.

Tell me more, doctor.
30wedge
Abbott is a liberal sip and a dumbass so it would not surprise me that he could do something this stupid.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.