BLM Releases List of Demands

11,847 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cuz-i-can
fixer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Redistribute the wealth"

Finally some intellectual honesty.

This is pure, distilled, 101 proof, Marxism.

ProgN
Tegridy said:

1. Reparations- How do we know who is descended from a slave and who isn't? What about mixed race ppl- do they pay themselves? Why should whites that never owned slaves have to pay anything? Of note: blacks receive more than $320 billion a year in welfare already...

2. No Bail- um what? So you want to commit a crime and then get out right away for free?

3. Release all prostitutes- I can get behind this. (No pun intended)

4. No death penalty- don't agree but it's not entirely unreasonable and has a historical precedent.

5. Free education- I assume they mean college. Probably want to do away with standardized testing and fully implement college admissions based entirely on race. Shoot I bet grades are racist too.

6. Free health care- see #1. Blacks already receive $320 billion a year in welfare handouts. Obama didn't go far enough for their liking- only whites should pay for healthcare!

7. Defund the police- why is this #7? I thought this was their top demand? So they want no cops, no bail and no death penalty. Call me crazy but it sounds an awful lot like they want free reign to commit crimes without any repercussions.

8. Cut the military budget- softening us up for the Chinese invasion?

9. Redistribute the wealth- I guess reparations weren't enough, now they're flat out asking for white people to give up their assets and fork them over to blacks.

10. Publicly-financed campaigns- straight out of the Marxist playbook...

I want them to force dems to support these demands. Indy's will run to Trump.
MouthBQ98
AG
rfvgy12 said:

3) Release the Prostitutes

I thought Mond and the rest of the football team were free to leave? BLM been pimping.

The proper term is STD distribution engineer.
30wedge
Too many always have both hands out wanting someone to fill them, too many always want something for nothing. Need to go to work, stop committing crime, focus on a strong family, and emphasize education. It isn't difficult. But it takes more effort than handouts.
YouBet
AG
aggiez03 said:

Is this for real? And they want people to take them seriously?

Hate to break it to you but at least half the country would vote for most of these tomorrow. In some cases a decent majority would. The only one that might get low support is defunding the police.
bonfarr
AG
Tegridy said:

1. Reparations- How do we know who is descended from a slave and who isn't? What about mixed race ppl- do they pay themselves? Why should whites that never owned slaves have to pay anything? Of note: blacks receive more than $320 billion a year in welfare already...

2. No Bail- um what? So you want to commit a crime and then get out right away for free?

4. No death penalty- don't agree but it's not entirely unreasonable and has a historical precedent.

5. Free education- I assume they mean college. Probably want to do away with standardized testing and fully implement college admissions based entirely on race. Shoot I bet grades are racist too.

6. Free health care- see #1. Blacks already receive $320 billion a year in welfare handouts. Obama didn't go far enough for their liking- only whites should pay for healthcare!

7. Defund the police- why is this #7? I thought this was their top demand? So they want no cops, no bail and no death penalty. Call me crazy but it sounds an awful lot like they want free reign to commit crimes without any repercussions.

9. Redistribute the wealth- I guess reparations weren't enough, now they're flat out asking for white people to give up their assets and fork them over to blacks.

Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
TxTarpon

Quote:

1. Reparations- How do we know who is descended from a slave and who isn't?
If you put black on your ID, then you are black.
Once 51% of checks are cashed then they have been made whole.
Quotas, HUBs, disparage impact cases etc all cease to be.
Quote:

2. No Bail
Not going to happen. Next....

Quote:

3. Release all prostitutes
I thought we did during COVID?

Quote:

4. No death penalty

Already happening in many jurisdictions.

Quote:

5. Free education

Already happening in some jurisdictions.

Quote:

6. Free health care

Just about happens at 66 now.
Unsure how this is racial.

Quote:

7. Defund the police

Not going to happen, next...

Quote:

8. Cut the military budget

Good luck with that. Reducing that growth is considered a "cut" and results in "gutting the military" rhetoric.

Quote:

9. Redistribute the wealth
Oprah, Ellen, etc. bring back the 1950s tax rates.

Quote:

10. Publicly-financed campaigns

Dark Money says no.
Dark money is not racist.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
SLAM
Tegridy said:

Free Education?

Pretty sure most of these people never made it out of high school, much less college.
DrZ
AG
I don't think that list is real. Their website makes no mention of it.
This article is from the BBC and has a different list

The plans calls for:
  • Ending "broken windows" policing, which aggressively polices minor crimes in an attempt to stop larger ones
  • using community oversight for misconduct rather than having police decide what consequences officers face
  • making standards for reporting police use of deadly force
  • independently investigating and prosecuting police misconduct
  • having the racial makeup of police departments reflect the communities they serve
  • requiring officers to wear body cameras
  • providing more training for police officers
  • ending for-profit policing practices
  • ending the police use of military equipment
  • implementing police union contracts that hold officers accountable for misconduct
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34023751
TxTarpon
Sooooo.no....

Confederate statue removal?

Confederate flag removal?
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
deddog
AG
unmade bed said:

So basically they want to go back to slavery, but with the government as the master now?
That's already the case
Cromagnum
AG

X10
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
What about all the wealthy athletes, actors/actresses, politicians? Do they get even more wealth? Seems unnecessary
BigRobSA
Sanction us with your army, BLM.

OH! You don't have an army?! Well, sounds like you need to shut the **** up!

SHUT.
THE.
UP!

"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Cromagnum
AG
Tegridy said:

So to get this straight...

If we refuse, they are going to burn the system down (series of crimes).

If we accept, they want free bail because they plan to commit crimes anyways.

Lol. Get effed.
Pinche Guero
AG
They want reparations and then redistribution of wealth, seems dumb even for Marxist
wbt5845
AG
If I were to suggest BLM wanted #3, I would be painted as the biggest racist ever. Yet there it is.
MouthBQ98
AG
That looks more like a police reform package. Some of it seems very reasonable.

I disagree with using quotas for officers based on community. Officer candidates self select and you want the most qualified and competent ones to advance, and not be using racism to select officers. Most officers are a reflection of the community they serve, regardless of something as superficial as skin color.
In regards to military equipment, departments need a SWAT team for special situations, but I do want officers sufficiently equipped to handle their jobs safely. In today's world that might mean access to Some military grade equipment, as criminals also may have that. Maybe the patrol officers don't need to look like they're about to assault an enemy stronghold by fire and maneuver, but they should have adequate protection and firepower for dealing with armed threats.
MaxPower
I find this list bizarre but some I'm fine with and there likely are some workable options here.

1) They'd need to be more specific. As noted, wellfare programs already disproportionately benefit AA's. I use the term benefit loosely.

2) Some bail requirements are astronomical and therefore are unfair for the poor vs rich. I don't agree with getting rid of it but that might be feasible for certain crimes while lowering for others. The 8th Amendment already protects from "excessive" bail so we should examine periodically what is and is not excessive.

3) I tend to agree as a Libertarian. It's the pimps and human trafficking we need to be going after.

4) Agreed. So much money is spent in appeal that this penalty isn't worth it even if you are ok with the moral implications.

5) Not to side bar too much, but I think a big cause of the rioting is the cost of college. It's gotten so astronomical that a lot of pissed off 18-25 year olds have a lot of animosity towards the system. We need to do something to lower costs. It's going to be necessary long term if these institutions want to compete with online options anyway.

6) Too much of a political quagmire but if Dems get Congress and WH I could see this happen.

7) The only one I completely disagree with. You can't accomplish everything else that's wanted in these disenfranchised urban communities without proper policing.

8) Agree with this one more than any other. Too much spend here by about any metric and a lot still seems to be on 20th century warfare that may not serve the type of conflicts likely to occur.

9) There are a few means of doing this within the current system. One is a higher tax rate on high income earners (maybe 50% over $1M). Another is getting rid of capital gains tax and the last is increased death taxes. I expect all 3 to be explored if Dems take over DC. Short term it will likely result in increased equality but long term likely disastrous with CEOs moving to foreign countries, etc.

10) Disagree with public funding but maybe a cap and no funding by businesses. This one is a bit odd because the Dems are actually the ones collecting more this cycle.
Cromagnum
AG
Or maybe "no bail" means they are detained in jail until their trials. I could support that.
Pumpkinhead
AG
DrZ said:

I don't think that list is real. Their website makes no mention of it.
This article is from the BBC and has a different list

The plans calls for:
  • Ending "broken windows" policing, which aggressively polices minor crimes in an attempt to stop larger ones
  • using community oversight for misconduct rather than having police decide what consequences officers face
  • making standards for reporting police use of deadly force
  • independently investigating and prosecuting police misconduct
  • having the racial makeup of police departments reflect the communities they serve
  • requiring officers to wear body cameras
  • providing more training for police officers
  • ending for-profit policing practices
  • ending the police use of military equipment
  • implementing police union contracts that hold officers accountable for misconduct
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34023751
Presumably most posters here realize that isn't some actual official list. It is a 'Top-10' list put together by staff at Fox News, 10 concisely worded bullet points that can fit on a single Power Point slide and thus TV screen.
titan
S
fixer said:

Demand, in Return for What? Abolition of the Democratic Party? What's the trade?
Cromagnum
AG
The actual M4BL list.

Demands
End the war on black people - seeks to resolve:

"the criminalization and dehumanization of Black youth across all areas of society";
capital punishment;
money bail and court surcharges in court proceedings;
"use of past criminal history to determine eligibility for housing, education, licenses, voting, loans, employment, and other services";
"the war on Black immigrants including the repeal of the 1996 crime and immigration bills";
"the war on Black trans, queer and gender nonconforming people";
"the mass surveillance of Black communities";
"the militarization of law enforcement";
"the privatization of police, prisons, jails, probation, parole, food, phone and all other criminal justice related services"; and
"public jails, detention centers, youth facilities and prisons" in their present conditions.[13]

Reparations for the:

"systemic denial of access to high quality educational opportunities in the form of full and free access for all Black people";
"continued divestment from, discrimination toward and exploitation of our communities in the form of a guaranteed minimum livable income for all Black people";
"wealth extracted from" the black communities "through environmental racism, slavery, food apartheid, housing discrimination and racialized capitalism in the form of corporate and government reparations";
"cultural and educational exploitation, erasure, and extraction" in the form of, among other things, "public school curriculums that critically examine the political, economic, and social impacts of colonialism and slavery"; and
the demand the state and federal levels require "the United States to acknowledge the lasting impacts of slavery, establish and execute a plan to address those impacts".[14]

Invest-Divest:

Reallocation of federal, state, and local government funds from "policing and incarceration to long-term strategies for education, restorative justice services, and employment programs."
The decriminalization, immediate release, record expungement, and reparations for the disparaging effects of both the "war on drugs" and "the criminalization of prostitution" on black communities.
"Real, meaningful, and equitable universal healthcare"
A constitutionally protected right to a "fully-funded education"
Divestment from the "use of fossil fuels and investment in community-based sustainable energy solutions."
Cuts to military expenditures and a reallocation of those funds to "infrastructure and community well-being"[15]

Economic Justice:

Redistribution of wealth through a "progressive restructuring of tax codes at the local, state, and federal levels."
Employment programs that specifically target the "most marginalized Black people" in order to promote economic equality.
"A right to restored land, clean air, clean water and housing and an end to the exploitative privatization of natural resources."
Right for workers to organize in both the public and private sector.
Restoration of the Glass-Steagall Act.
"An end to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and a renegotiation of all trade agreements" with an increased focus on the interests of workers and communities.
Increased support for "the development of cooperative or social economy networks."
"Financial support of Black alternative institutions."
Increased protection for workers in poorly regulated industries.[16]

Community Control:

Implementation of "democratic community control of local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies."
"End to the privatization of education."
Communal participation in "budgeting at the local state and federal level."[17]

Political Power:

"End to the criminalization of Black political activity."
Termination of super PACs and the implementation of "public financing of elections."
Establishment of "full-access guarantees, and protections of the right to vote for all people."
"Full-access to technology" through the implementation of "net-neutrality and universal access to internet."
"Protection and increased funding for Black institutions
wbt5845
AG
Cromagnum said:

The actual M4BL list.

Demands
End the war on black people - seeks to resolve:

"the criminalization and dehumanization of Black youth across all areas of society";
capital punishment;
money bail and court surcharges in court proceedings;
"use of past criminal history to determine eligibility for housing, education, licenses, voting, loans, employment, and other services";
"the war on Black immigrants including the repeal of the 1996 crime and immigration bills";
"the war on Black trans, queer and gender nonconforming people";
"the mass surveillance of Black communities";
"the militarization of law enforcement";
"the privatization of police, prisons, jails, probation, parole, food, phone and all other criminal justice related services"; and
"public jails, detention centers, youth facilities and prisons" in their present conditions.[13]

Reparations for the:

"systemic denial of access to high quality educational opportunities in the form of full and free access for all Black people";
"continued divestment from, discrimination toward and exploitation of our communities in the form of a guaranteed minimum livable income for all Black people";
"wealth extracted from" the black communities "through environmental racism, slavery, food apartheid, housing discrimination and racialized capitalism in the form of corporate and government reparations";
"cultural and educational exploitation, erasure, and extraction" in the form of, among other things, "public school curriculums that critically examine the political, economic, and social impacts of colonialism and slavery"; and
the demand the state and federal levels require "the United States to acknowledge the lasting impacts of slavery, establish and execute a plan to address those impacts".[14]

Invest-Divest:

Reallocation of federal, state, and local government funds from "policing and incarceration to long-term strategies for education, restorative justice services, and employment programs."
The decriminalization, immediate release, record expungement, and reparations for the disparaging effects of both the "war on drugs" and "the criminalization of prostitution" on black communities.
"Real, meaningful, and equitable universal healthcare"
A constitutionally protected right to a "fully-funded education"
Divestment from the "use of fossil fuels and investment in community-based sustainable energy solutions."
Cuts to military expenditures and a reallocation of those funds to "infrastructure and community well-being"[15]

Economic Justice:

Redistribution of wealth through a "progressive restructuring of tax codes at the local, state, and federal levels."
Employment programs that specifically target the "most marginalized Black people" in order to promote economic equality.
"A right to restored land, clean air, clean water and housing and an end to the exploitative privatization of natural resources."
Right for workers to organize in both the public and private sector.
Restoration of the Glass-Steagall Act.
"An end to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and a renegotiation of all trade agreements" with an increased focus on the interests of workers and communities.
Increased support for "the development of cooperative or social economy networks."
"Financial support of Black alternative institutions."
Increased protection for workers in poorly regulated industries.[16]

Community Control:

Implementation of "democratic community control of local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies."
"End to the privatization of education."
Communal participation in "budgeting at the local state and federal level."[17]

Political Power:

"End to the criminalization of Black political activity."
Termination of super PACs and the implementation of "public financing of elections."
Establishment of "full-access guarantees, and protections of the right to vote for all people."
"Full-access to technology" through the implementation of "net-neutrality and universal access to internet."
"Protection and increased funding for Black institutions
There are parts of this I agree with. I think the militarization of law enforcement is ridiculous. I think private prisons are the devil - the corps have financial interest in reincarnation.

I believe a big reason crime is more rampant in minority communities is because f financial reasons. You turn to crime when it's the best option.

But too much of this is Socialism 101.
Pinche Guero
AG
These demands are outlandish and broad because they dont want to reach any kind of agreement. An agreement would be unity and they are all about division.
Cromagnum
AG
I could also see where one could paraphrase most of what was in that to what was posted in the OP
JR Ewing
AG

If we are not allowed to post videos, then please pull down. I was shocked at this one...every bit of this is pre-planned and coordinated by people who want our country to fail and fall into anarchy.
richardag
Pumpkinhead said:

That screenshot list is from Fox News, and it very difficult to take much on CNN or Fox News at face value at this point.
If you go to their website you can find all of those demands and more.

Just a quick note, some of these organizations are not for the benefit of the organizers. I am not saying this is the case here.

But I t would be enlightening if they published their final and how the money is spent. The have stated,"The Movement for Black Lives is a fiscally sponsored 501c3 at the Alliance for Global Justice."
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, the public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
titan
S

15:00 minute mark for about four minutes after shows the direct involvement of Democratic Party.
Muy
AG
My list of demands to BLM:

- Stop being such racist POSs
- Stop making babies out of wedlock
- If you do make a baby, raise it instead of going elsewhere and making more babies
- Try and get all the hate out of your heart over something that never happened to you, doesn't happen today, and none of us ever participated in
- Get off of drugs
- Stop listening to music that encourages breaking the law, doing drugs and treating women like pieces of meat
- GFY
richardag
JR Ewing said:

If we are not allowed to post videos, then please pull down. I was shocked at this one...every bit of this is pre-planned and coordinated by people who want our country to fail and fall into anarchy.
The use of children is absolutely abhorrent, this is reminiscent of the same tactics Hitler used with the Hitler youth. I was not aware of the Sunrise movement, these people need to be in jail.

edit: replaced another with not in last sentence.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, the public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
titan
S

They play some role in the attack on your statue apparently going by advance threads before the demonstration.

But still haven't heard what is the "return" for these demands? What get in return?

If it is the complete abolition of the Democratic Party and pensioning of all currently there, that's a tricky offer.
Muy
AG
They could just GTFO of America if it's so bad here.
fixer
titan said:

fixer said:

Demand, in Return for What? Abolition of the Democratic Party? What's the trade?
Equality.

Equality of outcome.

That is the trade. It has been since before Marx ever grasped a quill.
halfastros81
AG
The NYC BLM leader said recently in an interview that he wants a black sovereign nation at any cost. Seems like there are a lot of different ideas out there within BLM. I feel like they really don't have organizational leadership that paints a clear picture of what the goals are and I think it's by design. .

I think a good portion of the BLM activists are interested in what they perceive as unfair treatment of poc in the USA . Agree with other posters that BLM leadership is more about stirring up chaos for the ultimate goal of transitioning the US into a socialist/Marxist style Political system.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.