Thoughts on a woman president

8,220 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mort Rainey
Guy on a Buffalo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Jo Jorgensen thread made me think of this. While I believe that there are effective female business leaders and elected officials that have been good in their respective roles, I don't like the idea of our nation being lead by a woman as the executive. I believe that a wife should be submissive to her husband and in a role as commander in chief she would have a conflict in that regard. Are we electing her, or her husband? Not to mention, how would other nations (Middle Eastern and Russia/China to name a few) receive her in a potential negotiation?

I'm not trolling and feel free to flame away, but I don't think we should ever have a female president even if I agree with her politics and business acumen. Too many uncomfortable and unstable scenarios.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
Humorous Username
AG
Don't care. Is she going to open up the economy and eliminate government waste, all while striking down idiotic lib laws and proposals? Good with me.
Post removed:
by user
tjack16
AG
Your sexism is showing.
Secolobo
AG
Already had one, obama.
Can I go to sleep Looch?
88planoAg
AG
How did you feel about Margaret Thatcher?
Betoisafurry
Yeah! they should be seen and not heard amiright?!?
Dan Scott
AG
When Biden dies in office we'll find out
Pelayo
AG
There's plenty of female PM's they seem to do ok. Besides if Biden wins you'll get a female exec soon enough.

Quote:

Jorgensen supports individual liberties and considers shrinking the government a major priority. She favors non-interventionism, free and open trade with other nations and promoting nuclear power through deregulation in order to reduce CO2 emissions. In terms of healthcare, she supports a free-market healthcare system over the current system or single-payer.
https://joj2020.com/issues-jo-jorgensen/

Perfect.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
As with infantry and firemen, there are fully capable women who can do the job, and if they can meet standards I fully support them.

You must not be around a lot of type-A women if this is your stance. I think there are women out there who I could / would definitely support for President. Ladies like Kayleigh McEnany or Ivanka
Post removed:
by user
TyHolden
AG
Tanya 93
Dude, worst trolling job ever
aTm2004
AG
I don't care if the president is a male or female, white, brown, or green, or chooses to dress in spandex and high heels in the Lincoln Bedroom as long as their policies reflect conservative values. It's true Trump isn't "presidential," and has done some shady chit in his day, but his policies (for the most part) have been great and he's done his best to deliver on the promises made during his campaign.
LOYAL AG
AG
raging_agaholic said:

The Jo Jorgensen thread made me think of this. While I believe that there are effective female business leaders and elected officials that have been good in their respective roles, I don't like the idea of our nation being lead by a woman as the executive. I believe that a wife should be submissive to her husband and in a role as commander in chief she would have a conflict in that regard. Are we electing her, or her husband? Not to mention, how would other nations (Middle Eastern and Russia/China to name a few) receive her in a potential negotiation?

I'm not trolling and feel free to flame away, but I don't think we should ever have a female president even if I agree with her politics and business acumen. Too many uncomfortable and unstable scenarios.
The bolded is illogical. Just because you believe a woman should be submissive doesn't mean she would have a conflict. You're applying your believe system to another person which works fine in your home but has no use outside of it. Your belief system is as important to her ability to do the job as mine which is to say not at all.

I do think there would be some real issues with nations that see women as second class citizens which includes all Muslim nations along with Russia at a minimum. I'm not as clear on how the Chinese actually view women aside from the fact that all humans are second class except for the party elite. It would certainly present an interesting international dynamic.
Kozmozag
We have had women like presidents, Obama was one. Carter, it would take a special women to get my support.
kellyb94
AG
In the words of Robin Williams,

"There wouldn't be any wars, just some very intense negotiations every 28 days"
Eric Forman
AG
Men and women do have differences, but the intellectual capacity to lead isn't one of them. I couldn't give less of a **** what gender our leader is... have good principles and lead smartly and you'll get my vote.
Verne Lundquist
AG
I'm not 100% sure Lara Trump believes POTUS' platform but she is good.

If she were to run on stopping illegal immigration and capitalism I would vote for her.

She is the best spokesperson for POTUS
Fizban
raging_agaholic said:

Lots of things are mislabeled as sexism in these hyper PC times, but the above is actual sexism.

Nobody cares what your personal preferences are for female behavior.

You want them to be submissive? Why would you expect your personal preferences to matter to them more than something they stepped in walking down the street?

I am happy to vote for any qualified person, man or woman, if I think they would do the best job.

Eliminatus
AG
raging_agaholic said:

Hot damn is this cringe worthy. You need to get out and meet more women and not view every one in the biblical sense. It will do you good. And in the age of overused terms as attacks.....this is actual classic sexism. Actually kinda nice to see a good example of it tbh.

This thread will probably die by the way. I wouldn't spend to much time on a back and forth here.
zephyr88
AG
I have no problem with a woman president.

I can get behind a woman president, once one is presented as a solid choice.

However, JoJerg is not even remotely qualified to be the President of the United States.

She's probably a nice person and a good psychology professor, but that's it.

hunter2012
AG
I've said before that I would vote for a Muslim/lesbian/atheist if they ran on platform for small government and free enterprise. If something is factually correct(like free market principles being the best solution to bring the most people out of poverty and into prosperity), then regardless of race/culture/background/creed they should be able to reason their political thinking to the same conclusion as well as any rational individual.

That being said JoJo seems to have a very solid platform and I look forward to voting for her.
Claverack

Like her....hell yes!

nortex97
AG
While I won't ever vote for a muslim (their whole political/theological belief system disqualifies them from office in my opinion, as racist, evil, misogynist, antisemitic, and generally dishonest), the genitals a candidate has really plays about as much significance in my mind as their melatonin.

I never did think I'd support/vote for a red-head for POTUS, but here we are.

Gigem314
AG
Secolobo said:

Already had one, obama.
Urban Ag
AG
Having a submissive wife sounds boring as hell to me. I dated a few submissive chicks back in the day. Confirmed, they were boring as hell.
DifferenceMaker Ag
As long as she can still bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never never never lets you forget that you are a man, I'm fine with it.
Old Army Metal
AG
The **** kind of incel neckbeard is this? What sort of conservative wet dream Chick tracts have you been reading?
Old Army Metal
AG
nortex97 said:

their whole political/theological belief system disqualifies them from office in my opinion, as racist, evil, misogynist, antisemitic, and generally dishonest

Have you read the bible?
TyHolden
AG
Women can't do math! You can't run an economy without knowing math!
Pelayo
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

How many cats do she have?

You know she has them
Good question.

That is always the first thing I think of when deciding a candidates fitness for office.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
e=mc2
AG
While I may disagree with the OP, I do wonder how many out there are like him. I'm a Baptist so the OP's thoughts are not rare from men or women. For instance, I'm doubtful we will ever see a Mormon woman run.

I do think a women could be an effective president. Just not a liberal one.
Urban Ag
AG
Pelayo said:

Aggiebrewer said:

How many cats do she have?

You know she has them
Good question.

That is always the first thing I think of when deciding a candidates fitness for office.
well it should be

nortex97
AG
Old Army Metal said:

nortex97 said:

their whole political/theological belief system disqualifies them from office in my opinion, as racist, evil, misogynist, antisemitic, and generally dishonest

Have you read the bible?
Umm, yes. I've also studied it a lot with exegetical texts, and have appreciated a lot of folks' input into how to understand the various parts. I also would never worship a pedophile, or respect those who do.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.