Thoughts on a woman president

8,175 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mort Rainey
jellycheese
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When do we get to see OP's wife's cans?
30wedge
Wouldn't bother me provided we did a much better job of choosing which woman than our presidents have done in choosing the three women sitting on the Supreme Court.

And it goes without saying she has to be pretty damn hot.
Old Army Metal
AG
30wedge said:

And it goes without saying she has to be pretty damn hot.
F16 is always disappointing, but never surprising.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Guys, apologize for inadvertently stirring up Mazag08 with the word 'white' in my first post.

Look, when I read the OP by a 'raging alcoholic' opining about submissive wives being the natural order of things, an image of this guy immediately popped into my head: Al Bundy from that show with Married With Children. And I immediately posted my reply to the OP without reading anything else in the thread. That's about the story behind the intentions of my first post. No more, no less.

[url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F31173422408248486%2F&psig=AOvVaw043anmJhbY-hr-uQBxxnm_&ust=1590767563562000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCJDcgY_11ukCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAY][/url]
LEJ
JoJo's not attractive enough. I wouldn't vote for a woman for POTUS anyway.

I want my POTUS to have natural hairy man balls. I don't wanna see them. I just wanna know they exist
BluHorseShu
AG
PaulSimonsGhost said:

mazag08 said:

Old Army Metal said:

The Debt said:

Why do you assume he is white?
Because it's F16, odds are pretty dang good.
This is the kind of crap that doesn't need to be on this board.

But he's not wrong.

I am SOOOOOOOO white.
I'm more ecru....But I don't discriminate on color....just height.
the last of the bohemians
Yes OP, there will be a woman president if Biden wins.
That's pretty much his main platform for winning the swing states, for those paying attention.
TexAgs91
AG
Old Army Metal said:

TexAgs91 said:

The problem with any minority leading the country is that they would tend to make it all about the issues of whatever minority they are. Often at the expense of the rest of the country. Obviously they don't have to do this. There's plenty of great minority leaders. But the urge and pressure to do so as president would be too great.

Use the pyramid model. At the base you have your highest priorities. The Constitution. National defense. Law enforcement. Protection of basic rights. Mid-pyramid you have economy, etc. At the top you have the lower priority niceties. Going to the moon. Entitlements. Making sure every minority is happy. Etc.

Right now our Constitution and basic rights are under attack. So no. Not at this time.
You assume that everyone has the same pyramid structure. I imagine that for minorities, racial issues are a lot farther up on the pyramid than they are on yours.
Of course. But this isn't the early 1900s. Dems have finally learned that running around wearing white hoods and lynching people is bad. So while there are still racial issues, it has certainly improved.
CanyonAg77
AG
To be clear, we're talking about the first elected woman President. I'd say that Elanor Roosevelt and Nancy Reagan had immense influence on their husband. And after Monica, Hillary had Bill's gonads in a box on her desk.

And, of course, Edith Wilson was the first acting woman President.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
The Kraken
AG
Quote:

I believe that a wife should be submissive to her husband and in a role as commander in chief she would have a conflict in that regard. Are we electing her, or her husband?
Okay, so you're only concerned about a religiously conservative married female president where the husband is the puppet master? How about a single woman? An atheist? How about a single atheist lesbian? Would those be okay?
LEJ
What kinda can quality we talmbout?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Lots of things are mislabeled as sexism in these hyper PC times, but the above is actual sexism.
If you take the statement in the Biblical context, then it is not sexism or any form of -ism.
Old Army Metal
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

Lots of things are mislabeled as sexism in these hyper PC times, but the above is actual sexism.
If you take the statement in the Biblical context, then it is not sexism or any form of -ism.
There is a lot of really horrible stuff that's just fine if you take it in a "biblical context."
Eric Forman
AG
One of the many reasons I gave up religion. Lots of religious texts are rife with isms.
Nitro Power
AG
Nikki Haley please
Ag87H2O
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Dude, worst trolling job ever
You posted too soon. I think the OP got exactly what they were trolling for.
Boo Weekley
Female president honestly scares me. If we go down this path, I really hope they undergo a thorough psych eval/screening. I've been around enough hyper-driven-wannabe-alpha-females in corporate upper management to know better.
Old Army Metal
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Female president honestly scares me. If we go down this path, I really hope they undergo a thorough psych eval/screening.
Why?
Boo Weekley
Old Army Metal said:

Boo Weekley said:

Female president honestly scares me. If we go down this path, I really hope they undergo a thorough psych eval/screening.
Why?
Meh, I'll just stop. Don't feel like catching another ban. I take it back. Women are every bit as sane, emotionally tempered and rational/logical as men. Sorry.
LEJ
Women measure higher for neurosis, on average, than men. Just like climate change, the science is settled
Muy
AG
Awful idea to have a woman President.
Old Army Metal
AG
Muy said:

Awful idea to have a woman President.
Why?
powerbelly
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Old Army Metal said:

Boo Weekley said:

Why?
Meh, I'll just stop. Don't feel like catching another ban. I take it back. Women are every bit as sane, emotionally tempered and rational/logical as men. Sorry.
There are women who are much more logical and rational than some of the men we have had as president.
SeMgCo87
AG
We need a woman who understands Power, and its uses...

Er...wait...

That might be a bit too much...
Bryanisbest
AG
Can we get a another Margaret Thatcher or a Niki Haley? I'm good with it then.
geoag58
AG
If we have to worry about this any time before 2024 believe me we have much, much bigger problems!
geoag58
AG
SeMgCo87 said:

Er...wait...

Whenever I see her smiling I think that is a mask and there is a lizard creature behind the mask.
Boo Weekley
powerbelly said:

Boo Weekley said:

Old Army Metal said:

Boo Weekley said:

Why?
There are women who are much more logical and rational than some of the men we have had as president.
No doubt, there are always exceptions. We have some women on here who are more logical and rational then most male posters on Texags.
Urban Ag
AG
Just think of a man and take away reason and accountability

SeMgCo87
AG
geoag58 said:

SeMgCo87 said:

Er...wait...

Whenever I see her smiling I think that is a mask and there is a lizard creature behind the mask.
You and me both...she looks a lot like Jane Badwell (she who played the queen lizard in "V").

Just waiting for her to be scratched...
TheRealest
Countries that rank the highest in "Quality Of Life" have female leaders. So yea if we want to continue living in a **** whole dangerous country we should only let men be presidents.

Only men who are threatened by the fact the women can do everything a man can plus some believe women should by subservient...
Your insecurities are showing.
SLAM
I won't vote for a female president, ever.
TheRealest
Statistics show men are more selfish and violent then women. Science says a lot of things
Hullabaloonatic
raging_agaholic said:

The Jo Jorgensen thread made me think of this. While I believe that there are effective female business leaders and elected officials that have been good in their respective roles, I don't like the idea of our nation being lead by a woman as the executive. I believe that a wife should be submissive to her husband and in a role as commander in chief she would have a conflict in that regard. Are we electing her, or her husband? Not to mention, how would other nations (Middle Eastern and Russia/China to name a few) receive her in a potential negotiation?

I'm not trolling and feel free to flame away, but I don't think we should ever have a female president even if I agree with her politics and business acumen. Too many uncomfortable and unstable scenarios.
....wtf are you serious?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.