Can the government please force everyone to wear masks

17,247 Views | 182 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by waitwhat?
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zobel
AG
Yes it will. Has happened before, and survived challenges before.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
nai06
AG
nortex97 said:

Someone please do share a link to a mask that is in stock on amazon right now. Not some perverted looking crap, just a plain mask.

amazon isn't going to have much. However, lots of retailers are retooling to make masks

Etsy has them
Project Pat
Rails Clothing
Inspire Masks
Sanctuary Clothing
Katie May Bridal Masks
Salvage Maria has adult and kid masks
Makwa Studio
Inked Gaming
Meta Gaming Threads
Los Angeles Apparel
Hard Edge Design
Avocado Mattress
Ball and Buck (camo)
Alabama Chanin (made from Texas Cotton)
American Blanket Company

Norwex is supposed to start selling masks to the public

These are sold out but might be restocking
The Reformation
[url=https://citizensofhumanity.com/products/cotton-mask-5-pack][/url]Citizens of Humanity
Monogram
Spoiled Dog Designs
This is Your Brain on Plants
Frogmouth Clothing
Naomi Naomi
Buck Mason
Tippit

If you get some from Etsy some might have a pocket for filter inserts. Filters are impossible to find but you can make your own from HVAC filters. Any filtrete 1500 or above will offer some level of virus filtration. HEPA filter vacuum bags can also work. You can even use ZEP brand shop towels. Apparently at a two fold thickness they offer a lot of filtration.
https://www.businessinsider.com/homemade-mask-using-hydro-knit-shop-towel-filters-better-2020-4

You cold also buy a neck gaiter and triple it up or even a balaclava. I've been using a Buff brand one for the last week and inserted a homemade in the folds while I wait for my reusable ones to come in.

Then there are numerous tutorials about how to make them from two hair ties and a bandanna. You could really use any fabric or material and elastic or cloth ties. Hell I bet you could use an old shirt and some 550 cord. Literally just about anything. If you are going the homemade route the more layers the better (especially when using plain cotton).

Look not all of these are going to be the style you might want. Some are wild, expensive, take a while to ship, or might make you feel silly. But masks are out there if you really want them.
MaroonGoons2020
AG
Thank you Harris county. Better late than never. I applaud you for making a sensible decision that I pushed for 3 weeks ago. More counties will follow suit.
mazag08
AG
jjay91 said:

Thank you Harris county. Better late than never. I applaud you for making a sensible decision that I pushed for 3 weeks ago. More counties will follow suit.
You can now safely leave your home. You are not in danger anymore.
BigRobSA
jjay91 said:

Idiotic move with no teeth or significance
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
1872walker
jjay91 said:

More government, please.
coconutED
AG

Raiderjay
Quote:

MaroonStain
AG
jjay91 said:

WTF difference does it make? You are not leaving the hermitage, komrade!
Ol_Ag_02
AG
jjay91 said:

I really hope you were born in 91 and that's not your graduation year. I'd hate to think a 50 year old could still be such a sniveling, scared, little child.
CDUB98
AG
jjay91 said:

You're already behind the news, champ.
Urban Ag
AG
I live in Williamson Co. We have 600,000 residents. We have about 45 confirmed cases. Out of 600,000. I have three in my zip code. Three. We are over represented in terms of healthcare providers because of the huge retired/replant crowd who go to the doctor all the time. If people were showing symptoms they'd be going to the doctor. They're not. I'm not wearing a mask.
MaroonGoons2020
AG
It is what it is. Listen to the experts. They are experts for a reason. Govt can force citizens to wear a mask even if it's their local leaders. I asked that in my op. It's happening because it saves lives despite what the non experts want you to believe. Embrace it because it's not going away. Otherwise deal with with the consequences.
96ags
AG
Don't forget the refrigerated trucks that our county judge has contracted for that are sitting waiting for all the dead bodies.
MaroonGoons2020
AG
CDUB98 said:

jjay91 said:

You're already behind the news, champ.
Some more than others
MaroonGoons2020
AG
mazag08 said:

jjay91 said:

Continue to practice guidelines set forth by your local leaders
1872walker
jjay91 said:

It is what it is. Listen to the experts. They are experts for a reason. Govt can force citizens to wear a mask even if it's their local leaders. I asked that in my op. It's happening because it saves lives despite what the non experts want you to believe. Embrace it because it's not going away. Otherwise deal with with the consequences.

You mean the experts that say that homemade masks, scarves, bandanas and handkerchiefs are completely useless? These are all things which Harris County are saying are sufficient for the order.
mazag08
AG
jjay91 said:

mazag08 said:

jjay91 said:

No thanks.

But I will continue to ignore anything that you think is "for the common good"
MaroonGoons2020
AG
BigRobSA said:

jjay91 said:

Care to explain with factual information rather than opinion.
Jbob04
AG
We are from the government, we are here to help
BigRobSA
jjay91 said:

mazag08 said:

jjay91 said:

Said nobody, ever, that had brains and balls.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Maroon Dawn
AG
There is ZERO fact based evidence that a civilian cloth mask does anything to stop the spread of COVID19

this is pure fearmongering by liberal cities to try and keep their police state in tact
MaroonGoons2020
AG
coconutED said:

Easy way out. Why don't you explain why it is not a smart move.
MaroonGoons2020
AG
MaroonStain said:

jjay91 said:

Masks are to be worn when out in public where they can make a difference. Show me factual info that shows that they don't.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
The police state of SF started today...my ex college roommate and his wife, currently under "house arrest" hate the idea but have no choice but to obey...drones with speakers likely the next step.

Maybe they can set up a snitch line like NYC did
BigRobSA
jjay91 said:

BigRobSA said:

jjay91 said:

Care to explain with factual information rather than opinion.

Fact1: This is dumb and people pushing for it are doing it for show and not efficacy.

Fact2: No cop is going to write a ticket for this. I've been to HEBs, convenience stores and other places sans face-chain and have yet to meet a single bit of resistance.
Nitro Power
AG
Drones can be shot down...at least in Texas
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
Bassmaster
AG
jjay91 said:

BigRobSA said:

jjay91 said:

Care to explain with factual information rather than opinion
HPD will not enforce nor will the HCSO. Is Hidalgo going to arrest people herself?
Ellis Wyatt
jjay91 said:

MaroonStain said:

jjay91 said:

Masks are to be worn when out in public where they can make a difference. Show me factual info that shows that they don't.
Mind your own business, Gladys Kravitz.

DeWrecking Crew
jjay91 said:

mazag08 said:

jjay91 said:

If your local government came out with only one way to wipe your butt, would you adhere to that too? Perhaps you would be better off in China where governement controls every aspect of your life. I think you'll find it much more accomodating there.
Maroon Dawn
AG
JJay

You like facts so much?

Show me one evidence based study that says a civilian cloth mask can stop aerosolized COVID particles

You won't because they don't exist
txjg
jjay91 said:

I don't care if it is a freaking thong over your face. It is better than nothing. Look at Hong Kong which resembles New York. They all do and their infected numbers are considerably lower. I read an article about someone in China having coronavirus on a bus and everyone got infected except for the 13 or so wearing masks. I'm too tired to post links but if you want to verify the advantages of wearing them, just google it!!!

I get there is not enough so save the surgical and n95 masks for the medical fields.

Mandate that all clothing companies start making the best masks they can for everyone else. This is an untapped market and probably where we are headed anyways. They can make masks of all kinds appealing to the masses, ATM masks, Metallica masks, Justin Beaver masks etc...I don't care what they look like. Just freaking make them. Please, pretty please.
I'm disappointment with my fellow Aggies on here.

Seems a good 80% listen to every word their government says and is willing to line up for the mark of the beast and experimental RNA vaccines not even tested on animals. Have fun with the side effects 5-7 years from now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.