***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

963,936 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
Anti-taxxer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nadler already announced this morning
will25u
chipotle
Waste of time/money shoomy. No...thank you
ChemEAg08
AG
Trump with a new first, first president to be impeached twice (both on hilariously terrible accounts).
ProgN
mbrooking
AG
Spotted Ag said:

It's 3:33 PM on February 5, 2020 and Donald J. Trump is STILL your POTUS AFTER BEING ACQUITTED BY THE UNITED STATES SENATE!!

SUCK IT DEMOCRATS!
I regret that I have just one star to give...
Gigem314
AG
#AnyDayNow turned into...

#NotHappening
aggiehawg
AG
smango05 said:

Nadler already announced this morning
And reportedly with Pelosi's blessing. That is proof she has lost her mind to try that crap again without a proper House Resolution to authorize it.

And don't forget, every member of the House has an election and campaign to wage, now that we are in primary season. A second vote for an impeachment inquiry will not sit well with her members in Trump districts.
will25u
We are going to need another thread for the Bidens now that this one is winding down.

backintexas2013
AG
Winding down? Gary and his socks aren't done by a long shot.
will25u
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Prognightmare said:

I chuckled, blue parachute distributed.
ProgN
will25u
John Maplethorpe
AG
Quote:

In Private, Republicans Admit They Acquitted Trump Out of Fear
By Sherrod Brown

In private, many of my colleagues agree that the president is reckless and unfit. They admit his lies. And they acknowledge what he did was wrong. They know this president has done things Richard Nixon never did. And they know that more damning evidence is likely to come out.

They are afraid that Mr. Trump might give them a nickname like "Low Energy Jeb" and "Lyin' Ted," or that he might tweet about their disloyalty. Or worst of all that he might come to their state to campaign against them in the Republican primary.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/opinion/trump-senate-acquittal-impeachment.amp.html
FriscoKid
AG
NYT OPINION piece. Seems legit.
nu awlins ag
AG
DOA
JDUB08AG
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Quote:

By Sherrod Brown

In private, many of my colleagues agree that the president is reckless and unfit. They admit his lies. And they acknowledge what he did was wrong. They know this president has done things Richard Nixon never did. And they know that more damning evidence is likely to come out.

They are afraid that Mr. Trump might give them a nickname like "Low Energy Jeb" and "Lyin' Ted," or that he might tweet about their disloyalty. Or worst of all that he might come to their state to campaign against them in the Republican primary.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/opinion/trump-senate-acquittal-impeachment.amp.html
OMG! Trump might give us a nickname! The horror!
EKUAg
AG
FriscoKid said:

From a Dem Senator.
aginlakeway
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Quote:

By Sherrod Brown

That is a opinion piece from a Democratic senator. Unsure if you realized that ...
TexasAggie_02
AG
aginlakeway said:

John Maplethorpe said:

Quote:

By Sherrod Brown

That is a opinion piece from a Democratic senator. Unsure if you realized that ...
oh noes! trump might give me a nickname

meanwhile, dems have to fear arkancide
aginlakeway
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Quote:

By Sherrod Brown

Sidenote ...

EVERY prediction you made about the impeachment and Trump leaving office was wrong. EVERY one.

You said he would be out of office in a few weeks. And that more than 50 senators would vote for removal. The list of your failed predictions is long.

So why do you think that is? Why are all of your predictions wrong?

Any ideas?
txaggie_08
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Quote:

By Sherrod Brown

Omg a nickname?!? The horror!! Give me a break. You need to point the finger at your own party for bringing such a flimsy case to the Senate.

But ultimately the Dems got what they wanted. They'll continue to call him an impeached president.
hbtheduce
AG
Alternatively, Trumps policy choices are a huge it with Rs and there would be massive political blowback for caving to the pathetic case the dems presented.
Ag87H2O
AG
FriscoKid said:

"... Mr. Schiff told the Senate: "CBS News reported last night that a Trump confidant said that Republican senators were warned, 'Vote against the president and your head will be on a pike.'" The response from Republicans was immediate and furious. Several groaned and protested and muttered, "Not true." But pike or no pike, Mr. Schiff had clearly struck a nerve."

Sounds like more Schiff lies to me, and that his penchant for parody is spreading to other Democrat officials in Washington.

I'll give them credit. They do know how to spin a yarn.
Agvet12
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Quote:

By Sherrod Brown

My opinion is that you're an idiot consumes with TDS and too many socks. 5 long years is gonna do you in faster than Hillary on Epstein. That too should published in the NYT, as "credible journalism" these days.

Look forward to your next sock account to pop up

houag80
AG
I am assuming that you did not receive your wager winnings from the welcher?
aginlakeway
AG
houag80 said:

I am assuming that you did not receive your wager winnings from the welcher?
Technically he did not lose the bet. It was made under the assumption that there would be witnesses. We wagered as to final vote total if there were witnesses.

Regardless, doesn't change the fact that he, she or it has been wrong EVERY time. Maybe he, she or it should take a break and try to figure out why he, she or it is always wrong.
will25u
Oh look. Impeachment has done nothing to Trump's approval. Rasmussen back up to 50%
policywonk98
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Quote:

By Sherrod Brown

Quote:

as if every president will try to sell our national security to the highest bidder.

You really take a Senator from Ohio seriously when he can write something like this about Trump after our 40 year sellout policy with China. Both Democrat and Republican?

It really is unbelievable how many useful idiots exist inside the government and on this board.

Trump isn't good. But Brown and everyone like him is much much worse.

A Republic in Decline.
John Maplethorpe
AG
I don't agree that trade liberalization is "selling out".

But you might want to check out Brown's history. He's voted against every trade deal for 30 years including PNTR, he's union protectionism personified.
policywonk98
AG
He wrote the words.

I'm not talking about his voting record.

I'm not against trade liberalization either.

But to make a statement like this about Trump, a first time politician, is asinine. Politicians have sold out our national security for decades in a thousand different ways. Labeling Trump in this way and in this context is a statement that shows that this man cant be taken seriously. Nor can his vote for impeachment.

I will be sure to go back to the 90s and see how critical Brown was about all of the illegal Chinese money that flowed into the Clinton campaign coffers.
will25u
Zemira
AG
If Stewade had helped with that we would have some awesome graphics.
houag80
AG
I for one am truly thankful for the contributions you bring to this board.....truly on point and measured.
I only wish that I had your patience in dealing with the nonsense and those who espouse it in this forum.
You are a blessing.
First Page Last Page
Page 259 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.