***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

963,930 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll pass. I now have 3 bets. I like my chances with all of them. Thanks anyway!

I made 1200 on election night 2016. Good times!!
aginlakeway
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

So you think more than 50 senators will vote to impeach Trump?

If there are witnesses yes. I'm up for an even odds bet on that.

Deal. $100?

I'll do $100 on honor. No timeframe, just the final vote. 50 votes is a push, 51+ I win. We might have to define what counts as a "witness".

I'll let you do that. 100. Done.
FriscoKid
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

FriscoKid said:

I'm starting to worry that the 4 RINOs are going to make this another one sided trial like it was in the House. Dems get their witnesses and the president doesn't get his. That can not happen.

The president should be allowed to call as many relevant witnesses as he wants. I suggest his closest hand picked aids that are undoubtedly loyal to him.

You are parroting Schiff with that garbage. He should be allowed to call persons That he wants and will help his defense. The prosecutor doesn't get to tell the defense who is helpful or not. Talking points are out though. This can not happen.
aggieforester05
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

FriscoKid said:

Quote:

After Republican Utah Sen. Mitt Romney reiterated his desire to hear testimony from former National Security Adviser John Bolton on Monday morning, his office would not say whether Romney also supports calls to bring in Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, Adam Schiff, or the so-called whistleblower to testify before the Senate.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/27/after-urging-bolton-testimony-romney-refuses-to-say-if-he-supports-calling-biden-schiff-whistleblower-as-witnesses/

Shocked I tell you.
Republican In Name Only
How does wanting the truth make you a RINO? We don't know what Bolton's viewpoint is, we don't even have a leaked manuscript. We just have a report from the NYT that could be lies. Bolton could testify that Trump acted appropriately for all we know. But why is wanting the answers to those questions considered anti-Republican?
If he wanted the truth then he'd want to hear from all the witnesses the Democrats don't want to testify. If he wants to hear Bolton testify, so be it as long as he hasn't been bought by the corrupt and vile Democrats. What I have a problem with is anyone that wants to hear Bolton testify but not Hunter Biden, Schiff, and the Whistle blower. Do you feel the same about the Democrats that do not want those three to testify? Why don't they want to hear the truth? The Democrats heading up this witch hunt are as corrupt and sleazy as any politician this country has ever seen and you know it.
John Maplethorpe
AG
Live witness in the Senate chamber. Even if it's just one.
Post removed:
by user
RGLAG85
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

Live witness in the Senate chamber. Even if it's just one.
Come one come all. Anything less is just a continuation of this sham. I know you don't mind that and that's what's so disgusting.
John Maplethorpe
AG
FriscoKid said:

John Maplethorpe said:

FriscoKid said:

I'm starting to worry that the 4 RINOs are going to make this another one sided trial like it was in the House. Dems get their witnesses and the president doesn't get his. That can not happen.

The president should be allowed to call as many relevant witnesses as he wants. I suggest his closest hand picked aids that are undoubtedly loyal to him.

You are parroting Schiff with that garbage. He should be allowed to call persons That he wants and will help his defense. The prosecutor doesn't get to tell the defense who is helpful or not. Talking points are out though. This can not happen.

Should be able to call any relevant witness related to the charge. The dems should not be allowed to call Stormy Daniels, Paul Manafort, Ivanka, or undocumented maids from Mar e Lago.
Jimmy Valentine
aggieforester05 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

FriscoKid said:

Quote:

After Republican Utah Sen. Mitt Romney reiterated his desire to hear testimony from former National Security Adviser John Bolton on Monday morning, his office would not say whether Romney also supports calls to bring in Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, Adam Schiff, or the so-called whistleblower to testify before the Senate.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/27/after-urging-bolton-testimony-romney-refuses-to-say-if-he-supports-calling-biden-schiff-whistleblower-as-witnesses/

Shocked I tell you.
Republican In Name Only
How does wanting the truth make you a RINO? We don't know what Bolton's viewpoint is, we don't even have a leaked manuscript. We just have a report from the NYT that could be lies. Bolton could testify that Trump acted appropriately for all we know. But why is wanting the answers to those questions considered anti-Republican?
If he wanted the truth then he'd want to hear from all the witnesses the Democrats don't want to testify. If he wants to hear Bolton testify, so be it as long as he hasn't been bought by the corrupt and vile Democrats. What I have a problem with is anyone that wants to hear Bolton testify but not Hunter Biden, Schiff, and the Whistle blower. Do you feel the same about the Democrats that do not want those three to testify? Why don't they want to hear the truth? The Democrats heading up this witch hunt are as corrupt and sleazy as any politician this country has ever seen and you know it.
I'm fine with Republicans calling whoever they want, including Biden, Schiff and WB. I'm not as concerned about Hunter because impeachment isn't the only avenue for him to receive justice. If he did something wrong, I'm sure the Trump DOJ is handling it. This is the only avenue available for the President to face justice, so I think it's important that the allegations are 100% proven untrue. It's the only way for us to move forward.
Jimmy Valentine
John Maplethorpe said:

FriscoKid said:

John Maplethorpe said:

FriscoKid said:

Should be able to call any relevant witness related to the charge. The dems should not be allowed to call Stormy Daniels, Paul Manafort, Ivanka, or undocumented maids from Mar e Lago.
In their defense, now that the White House lawyers have accused Hunter Biden of something during the impeachment trial, having him testify would technically be relevant.

However, if Hunter did something illegal, I don't really know what they expect him to say at the trial other than, "I plead the fifth". Using our traditional justice system would be a lot better to go after him.
VegasAg86
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

I'm fine with Republicans calling whoever they want, including Biden, Schiff and WB. I'm not as concerned about Hunter because impeachment isn't the only avenue for him to receive justice. If he did something wrong, I'm sure the Trump DOJ is handling it. This is the only avenue available for the President to face justice, so I think it's important that the allegations are 100% proven untrue. It's the only way for us to move forward.
You think it is important that the impossible happens.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

In their defense, now that the White House lawyers have accused Hunter Biden of something during the impeachment trial, having him testify would technically be relevant.

However, if Hunter did something illegal, I don't really know what they expect him to say at the trial other than, "I plead the fifth". Using our traditional justice system would be a lot better to go after him.
White House lawyers didn't bring Hunter up. House Managers did. It is the Dems who put him front and center.

Called "opening the door" in legal proceedings. Look it up since I know you don't trust my word.

That having been said, had the House Managers never said a word about Hunter outside of reading the transcript of the call, that might not have been enough as Sekulow was floating "affirmative defense" out there and real corruption involving Bidens and Burisma was already out there but in the effort to rebut an as then not presented defense, the Dems screwed Hunter if witnesses are called.
Prosperdick
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

FriscoKid said:

Quote:

Shocked I tell you.
Republican In Name Only
Our founding fathers would be so proud...guilty until 100% innocent. You're such a clown.
Rockdoc
AG
Yep. Typical liberal.
aggieforester05
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

FriscoKid said:

Quote:

Shocked I tell you.
Republican In Name Only
Waiting on the DOJ to likely **** the bed as usual instead of bringing it up during the impeachment trial would be mostly useless at this point. The Democrats entire argument is that they are assuming Trump wanting the blatant Ukrainian corruption to be investigated was only intended to influence the 2020 election. Furthermore they are assuming that taking Biden out would politically benefit Trump, which is a big assumption because Biden is an incredibly weak candidate. It's extremely arrogant of them and shows a complete lack of moral character that they assume the only outcome of exposing the corruption of one of their own is political benefit for the other party. They've made it clear they don't care about corruption or the well being of the country. The Trump defense team can and should make that abundantly clear to the electorate and frankly Trump deserves the benefit of such a display after all the Degenecrats have put him through.

Biden should be prosecuted if he's corrupt either way, but the Democrats have now turned him into a political tool that will likely get Trump acquitted while bringing Democrat corruption to the forefront headed into the 2020 election.

The Democrats asked for this **** show and if Biden testifies they're going to reep what they've sewn whether he pleads the 5th or not. Pleading the 5th might help you in a court of law, but not in the court of public opinion.
Eagle2020
AG
This trial makes it easy to see and evaluate a person's character and integrity. The differences between Republicans and Democrats are vast. I don't think it would occur to Republicans impeach a President for what the Democrats are saying Trump did. Republicans have the integrity and character to think about the long term ramifications of this trial. Democrats just yell "Impeach the mother ****er." Disgusting human beings.
aggieforester05
AG
GreyhoundDad said:

This trial makes it easy to see and evaluate a person's character and integrity. The differences between Republicans and Democrats are vast. I don't think it would occur to Republicans impeach a President for what the Democrats are saying Trump did. Republicans have the integrity and character to think about the long term ramifications of this trial. Democrats just yell "Impeach the mother ****er." Disgusting human beings.
Well said and agree 1000%!
Jimmy Valentine
VegasAg86 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

You think it is important that the impossible happens.
Not impossible.
Jimmy Valentine
Prosperdick said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

FriscoKid said:

Quote:

Shocked I tell you.
Republican In Name Only
Our founding fathers would be so proud...guilty until 100% innocent. You're such a clown.
You are welcome to your opinion, but there is no reason to be rude.
Jimmy Valentine
aggieforester05 said:

GreyhoundDad said:

Lol, like impeaching someone for lying about a BJ?
aggieforester05
AG
The idea is that it's literally impossible to prove a negative. There's a reason our justice system has been set up so that you are presumed innocent until a jury of your peers has found you to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The burden of proof is rightly placed on the accusers and not the accused. The Democrats have offered up no evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump's actions were designed to influence the election instead of benefiting the country by rooting out corruption at the highest levels. That may be an impossible burden to prove, but if so, so be it. That's the price of having a justice system that is just. A Democrat should be afforded the same rights if they were in the same position.
aggieforester05
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

GreyhoundDad said:

You mean committing an actual crime unlike in this instance. Also where did I say Clinton should have been impeached? While his impeachment was constitutional due to the fact it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he perjured himself, I do not believe his actions were egregious enough to warrant impeachment, much less removal. The damage done was not worth it. Too bad the Democrats learned nothing from that experience.

Also too bad that moronic liberals keep electing terrible people to office with detrimental policy positions. Clinton impeachment should have never been on the table because he never should have been elected.
titan
S
aggieforester05 said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

GreyhoundDad said:

You mean committing an actual crime unlike in this instance. Also where did I say Clinton should have been impeached? While his impeachment was constitutional due to the fact it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he perjured himself, I do not believe his actions were egregious enough to warrant impeachment, much less removal. The damage done was not worth it. Too bad the Democrats learned nothing from that experience.
BINGO.

The Democrat's revenge was the 8 years of demonizing President Bush - a temporizing minded guy -- and especially the 8 years of the POTLEFT administration of Obama and the abomination of trampling of rights called Obamacare/ACA. They are not "due" again -- the right was, and it has been denied for 3 years, and is possibly to be denied this year. A price needs to be exacted for that.
Eagle2020
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

GreyhoundDad said:

You mean lying under oath. Yes that is a crime. I don't know if he should have been impeached but Clinton definitely committed a crime.
justcallmeharry
S

Slick one, yes?
Jimmy Valentine
GreyhoundDad said:

Seems like most of you are saying Clinton should not have been impeached. So does that mean they did or didn't have "the integrity and character to think about the long term ramifications of this trial?"
titan
S
Jimmy Valentine said:

GreyhoundDad said:

Seems like most of you are saying Clinton should not have been impeached. So does that mean they did or didn't have "the integrity and character to think about the long term ramifications of this trial?"

If familiar with it you only have to remember Dr.McCoy in the Trek episode asked if he would certify the commander pulling rank trying to get the Enterprise destroyed was unfit? "I Will Certify That Right Now!"

Of course the position is not new. Have detested that circus since it took place.
backintexas2013
AG
At least with Clinton there was a real crime. I didn't think he should have been impeached but he did commit a crime.
aggieforester05
AG
backintexas2013 said:

At least with Clinton there was a real crime. I didn't think he should have been impeached but he did commit a crime.

Not only that but he was committing adultery with a subordinate in the Oval Office. They can't even prove Trump did anything morally or ethically wrong on the other hand. Yeah, the exact same thing, liberals have high ethical/moral standards, not. Obama/Clinton would have been impeached many times over if the Republicans and media held them to the same standards that Democrats and the media hold Trump to.
4stringAg
AG
Hannity reporting that Schumer has invited Lev Parnas to the impeachment hearing tomorrow.
Rapier108
4stringAg said:

Hannity reporting that Schumer has invited Lev Parnas to the impeachment hearing tomorrow.
He can sit in the gallery all he wants.

Schumer doesn't get to decide anything on his own beyond that.

And I'm convinced that Parnas is a plant. By whom is the only question. Might be Russia, might be Ukraine, or might be the same hacks in the government who perpetrated the Russia hoax.
titan
S
4stringAg said:

So like the whistleblower was a Brennan/Jarrett creature as Schiff's disposal, this is so for this one with Schumer. Pattern developing here.
hbtheduce
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

John Maplethorpe said:

FriscoKid said:

John Maplethorpe said:

FriscoKid said:

Hunter Biden can be innocent and Trump was till acting in the interest of the United States. Pleading the fifth would add credibility to Trumps suspicions and completely destroy the prosecutions case.
hbtheduce
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

GreyhoundDad said:

It's obvious the house failed in their examination of the constitution. Any impeachment sent by the house that fails was obviously flawed in its arguments.

House republicans would have been better off showing restraint, use the Starr report as political ammo, but hold off on impeachment. That's a high ground maneuver.
Zemira
AG
And when is the last time a Democrat took the high ground?

Probably never in my lifetime.
First Page Last Page
Page 248 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.