***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

963,822 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
will25u said:

This is telling. If she is even mentioning this...

This kerfuffle is getting crazy.
seriously - without reading a word of her Twitter feed, I know where this woman stands...

John Maplethorpe
AG
VegasAg86 said:

rwpag71 said:

Within the next 24 hours I anticipate a major media poll showing overwhelming support to make Bolton a witness and no mention of anyone else

The questions (which they won't show) will be:

Should critical witness John Bolton be allowed to testify?

And:

Should the Bidens be forced to testify even though they have no relevance to the impeachment?

Quote:

January 28, 2020 - 75% Of Voters Say Allow Witnesses In Senate Impeachment Trial

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3654
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
That and the Feinsteins of the senate may be wanting to send a message to Pelosi about who's in charge of the democrats and to know her place.
aginlakeway
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

VegasAg86 said:

rwpag71 said:

Within the next 24 hours I anticipate a major media poll showing overwhelming support to make Bolton a witness and no mention of anyone else

And:

Should the Bidens be forced to testify even though they have no relevance to the impeachment?

Quote:

January 28, 2020 - 75% Of Voters Say Allow Witnesses In Senate Impeachment Trial

Still think Trump won't be POTUS in 3 weeks?

You seemed so certain ... (yet again)
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
ANSC Ag
AG
Do you believe that same 75% of people understand the role of the House and Senate in impeachment?
Joe Exotic
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

VegasAg86 said:

rwpag71 said:

And:

Quote:

Are you going to take my bet for 51 senate votes for conviction or not?
aginlakeway
AG
I offered him 50:1 odds on his statement that Trump would not be POTUS in 3 weeks. I even offered to let an attorney escrow the money.

Crickets ...
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
YouBet
AG
SIAP but McConnell doesn't have votes to acquit. Good lord.
will25u
hbtheduce
AG
YouBet said:

Not worried at all. This is a show (and another trap).
Jimmy Valentine
aggieforester05 said:

FriscoKid said:

Quote:

After Republican Utah Sen. Mitt Romney reiterated his desire to hear testimony from former National Security Adviser John Bolton on Monday morning, his office would not say whether Romney also supports calls to bring in Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, Adam Schiff, or the so-called whistleblower to testify before the Senate.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/27/after-urging-bolton-testimony-romney-refuses-to-say-if-he-supports-calling-biden-schiff-whistleblower-as-witnesses/

Shocked I tell you.
Republican In Name Only
How does wanting the truth make you a RINO? We don't know what Bolton's viewpoint is, we don't even have a leaked manuscript. We just have a report from the NYT that could be lies. Bolton could testify that Trump acted appropriately for all we know. But why is wanting the answers to those questions considered anti-Republican?
4stringAg
AG
YouBet said:

Small clarification. He doesn't have the votes to block witnesses. He'd have the votes to acquit if it were time to vote.
Joe Exotic
AG
YouBet said:

You mean witness. He's more than enough for acquittal.
FriscoKid
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

FriscoKid said:

Quote:

After Republican Utah Sen. Mitt Romney reiterated his desire to hear testimony from former National Security Adviser John Bolton on Monday morning, his office would not say whether Romney also supports calls to bring in Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, Adam Schiff, or the so-called whistleblower to testify before the Senate.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/27/after-urging-bolton-testimony-romney-refuses-to-say-if-he-supports-calling-biden-schiff-whistleblower-as-witnesses/

Shocked I tell you.
Republican In Name Only
How does wanting the truth make you a RINO? We don't know what Bolton's viewpoint is, we don't even have a leaked manuscript. We just have a report from the NYT that could be lies. Bolton could testify that Trump acted appropriately for all we know. But why is wanting the answers to those questions considered anti-Republican?

Schumer should go read it then. He said, no thanks.
Jimmy Valentine
aginlakeway said:

I offered him 50:1 odds on his statement that Trump would not be POTUS in 3 weeks. I even offered to let an attorney escrow the money.

Crickets ...
Would you consider allowing for a pause in the 3 Week timeline if the White House challenges any witnesses in court?
aginlakeway
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aginlakeway said:

Crickets ...
Would you consider allowing for a pause in the 3 Week timeline if the White House challenges any witnesses in court?

He said Trump would be gone in 3 weeks. His words.
End Of Message
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aggieforester05 said:

FriscoKid said:

Quote:

Shocked I tell you.
Republican In Name Only
WGAS what Bolton's viewpoint on the subject may be. It is quite literally irrelevant to the assertion of executive privilege.

Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
John Maplethorpe
AG
aginlakeway said:

I offered him 50:1 odds on his statement that Trump *might not* be POTUS in 3 weeks. I even offered to let an attorney escrow the money.

Crickets ...

*FIFY

I'm here. What if the trial goes on 3.5 weeks, 5 weeks?

I never boldly predicted removal but I'm confident there will be more than 50 votes if there are witnesses. More stuff could come out, I'd say the odds went from 0% to 6%.
aginlakeway
AG
So you think more than 50 senators will vote to impeach Trump?

I'll take that bet. How much?
John Maplethorpe
AG
aginlakeway said:

If there are witnesses yes. I'm up for an even odds bet on that.
Jimmy Valentine
aginlakeway said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aginlakeway said:

Crickets ...

He said Trump would be gone in 3 weeks. His words.
Yeah, but I'm asking you. I like the 50:1 odds, but I don't want to be screwed over if Trump tries to challenge Bolton's testimony, and that challenge drags on for months.
houag80
AG
Nice deflection.
Jimmy Valentine
houag80 said:

Nice deflection.
Not deflecting anything. Just trying to negotiate a bet.
End Of Message
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

houag80 said:

Nice deflection.
That is not how a bet works.
aginlakeway
AG
John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

Deal. $100?
Jimmy Valentine
Pinche Abogado said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

houag80 said:

Nice deflection.
I'm not making a bet with you.
End Of Message
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

houag80 said:

Nice deflection.
Good. You wouldnt pay anyway.
wbt5845
AG
Jimmy Valentine
Pinche Abogado said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

houag80 said:

Nice deflection.
Good. You wouldnt pay anyway.
Please explain how you know that I would or would not pay on a bet?
Jimmy Valentine
aginlakeway said:

John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

Deal. $100?
I'll do $20 at 50:1 odds that Trump will be removed from office if Bolton testifies. Risk $20 to win $1,000. Why not?
aginlakeway
AG
Jimmy Valentine said:

aginlakeway said:

John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

Deal. $100?
I'll do $20 at 50:1 odds that Trump will be removed from office if Bolton testifies. Risk $20 to win $1,000. Why not?

That wasn't the bet. The poster said Trump would be out in 3 weeks. I offered 50:1 odds.
Jimmy Valentine
aginlakeway said:

Jimmy Valentine said:

aginlakeway said:

John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

Deal. $100?

That wasn't the bet. The poster said Trump would be out in 3 weeks. I offered 50:1 odds.
Yeah, I know what you offered him. I'm offering you now, bud.
FriscoKid
AG
I'm starting to worry that the 4 RINOs are going to make this another one sided trial like it was in the House. Dems get their witnesses and the president doesn't get his. That can not happen.
John Maplethorpe
AG
aginlakeway said:

John Maplethorpe said:

aginlakeway said:

Deal. $100?

I'll do $100 on honor. No timeframe, just the final vote. 50 votes is a push, 51+ I win. We might have to define what counts as a "witness".
John Maplethorpe
AG
FriscoKid said:

I'm starting to worry that the 4 RINOs are going to make this another one sided trial like it was in the House. Dems get their witnesses and the president doesn't get his. That can not happen.

The president should be allowed to call as many relevant witnesses as he wants. I suggest his closest hand picked aids that are undoubtedly loyal to him.
First Page Last Page
Page 247 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.