***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

964,782 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
rwpag71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just to establish a base line that can be referred to at the end of the Senate process:
The RCP average to remove Trump from office is now 47.3%. At 538 that number stands at 46.9%.
captkirk
AG
titan
S
rwpag71 said:

Just to establish a base line that can be referred to at the end of the Senate process:
The RCP average to remove Trump from office is now 47.3%. At 538 that number stands at 46.9%.
What does that refer to? Actually there could be general public agreement, and the Senate can still acquit. Its really up to the Senate. Nothing binds their actions per-se.

Chris Matthews take there is interesting, and he is making sense. It definitely is a nonsense thing to Main Street if there is no crime. And his angle that Starr actually reminds of another politicized impeachment rather than damaging Trump, has a ring to it.
rwpag71
AG
titan said:

rwpag71 said:

What does that refer to? Actually there could be general public agreement, and the Senate can still acquit. Its really up to the Senate. Nothing binds their actions per-se.
Just two compilations of polls reflecting public opinion at start of trial. Let's see if there is any movement as a result of the trial.
Rapier108
rwpag71 said:

Considering how many polls are polling 50% or higher Democrat, I would not put much faith in anything RCP is doing given the garbage polls out there.
titan
S
Rapier108 said:

rwpag71 said:

Considering how many polls are polling 50% or higher Democrat, I would not put much faith in anything RCP is doing given the garbage polls out there.
Think of the Virginia demonstrations yesterday.

I don't think polls come close to capturing the anti-Left current that exists now that their agenda is fully known. Polls on details here and there are not going to indicate much.
Chance Chase McMasters
FriscoKid said:

How are those receipts coming? You I put a lot of hoped the story would go away.
Lev's receipts were just shown as evidence in the impeachment trial of Donald J Trump. He's being tried in the United States Senate for corruption, high crimes, and misdemeanors.
Chance Chase McMasters
hbtheduce said:

titan said:

Oh, think see the distinction you are trying to make. For something to be unconstitutional doesn't require that it also be a crime.

It just is ruled unconstitutional ---not necessarily unlawful. This in the sense it is not about law but limits. Is that it?

It's even more fundamental than that. "A Law" has a definition. By definition, the constitution is not a law. Its two
different systems run and put into place by two different branches of government, voted on by two different groups, and governs two different groups.

Which is why chance is in a rhetorical pickle. Violating a law is a crime, by definition.
Violating the constitution is unconstitutional, by definition.

The other pickle he is in: Trump "violated" the constitution according to him. Fine but so has every president, and every congress, and every state since the founding. Which makes the grounds for removal look ****ing pathetic, which is why many constitutional scholars think there should be actual violations of laws and statutes. Even then it should be "high crimes" at the level of bribery or treason.

Giving away a state to another country probably would reach the level of treason, but is closer to sedition. But it's an extreme case he had to jump to, because the "violation of trust" amounts to not giving millions of dollars to a Historically corrupt country. WGAS. Obama droned American citizens fighting for ISIS. Who cares about a rounding error for Ukraine.

Sorry for bleeding all over this thread. But it's simple stuff.
You don't sound like a constitutional lawyer. Here's the opinion of 500.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeltnietzel/2019/12/09/more-than-five-hundred-law-professors-write-a-letter-favoring-impeachment-what-effects-will-it-have/#4bd334cd37d9

Can you find one that says a statutory federal law must be violated in order for an impeachable offense to have been committed?
EKUAg
AG
Blah, blah, blah....

Isn't Lev charged with lying?

Chance Chase McMasters
Seized digital images of encrypted messages don't lie.
EKUAg
AG
Chance Chase McMasters said:

Yeah, they do. You can create them. I know of people convicted of theft for creating fake receipts to back claims.
e=mc2
AG

But you do. Every damn time you post.
EKUAg
AG
So Chase, how much you being paid to troll a politics board of a school, as far as I can tell, you didn't attend? Or did your AG Tag profile get permabanned?
Rockdoc
AG
e=mc2 said:

That's why he left the other thread. He got run out for lying.
hbtheduce
AG

hbtheduce said:

titan said:

Oh, think see the distinction you are trying to make. For something to be unconstitutional doesn't require that it also be a crime.

It just is ruled unconstitutional ---not necessarily unlawful. This in the sense it is not about law but limits. Is that it?

It's even more fundamental than that. "A Law" has a definition. By definition, the constitution is not a law. Its two
different systems run and put into place by two different branches of government, voted on by two different groups, and governs two different groups.

Which is why chance is in a rhetorical pickle. Violating a law is a crime, by definition.
Violating the constitution is unconstitutional, by definition.

The other pickle he is in: Trump "violated" the constitution according to him. Fine but so has every president, and every congress, and every state since the founding. Which makes the grounds for removal look ****ing pathetic, which is why many constitutional scholars think there should be actual violations of laws and statutes. Even then it should be "high crimes" at the level of bribery or treason.

Giving away a state to another country probably would reach the level of treason, but is closer to sedition. But it's an extreme case he had to jump to, because the "violation of trust" amounts to not giving millions of dollars to a Historically corrupt country. WGAS. Obama droned American citizens fighting for ISIS. Who cares about a rounding error for Ukraine.

Sorry for bleeding all over this thread. But it's simple stuff.
You don't sound like a constitutional lawyer. Here's the opinion of 500.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeltnietzel/2019/12/09/more-than-five-hundred-law-professors-write-a-letter-favoring-impeachment-what-effects-will-it-have/#4bd334cd37d9

Can you find one that says a statutory federal law must be violated in order for an impeachable offense to have been committed?

You are still avoiding the issues. Impeach the president for whatever you can dream up. But don't call the crimes, don't falsely equate the constitution with the law, and don't expect half the country to agree with the partisan interpretation of the constitution provided by Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff.

rwpag71
AG
OK, I have finally figured out when Schiff is lying. His eyes bug out.
Chance Chase McMasters
The Constitution is law. The supreme law of the land.
Article VI Clause II
Quote:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land

e=mc2
AG
Rockdoc said:

e=mc2 said:

Yep. And he won't stop because he's morally bankrupt.
Chance Chase McMasters
Rockdoc said:

e=mc2 said:

Citation needed.
Rockdoc
AG
Go read it
Chance Chase McMasters
Quote:

won't stop because he's morally bankrupt.

Citation needed from you too.

And.....
Chance Chase McMasters
Rockdoc said:

Go read it

Can't provide citation. Like I thought.

I'm not going to go hunting and guess what you found interesting. There's 250+ pages.
e=mc2
AG

Quote:

won't stop because he's morally bankrupt.

Citation needed from you too.

And.....

You lie on every post so there's really no need. All anyone needs to do is click your profile and read the lies. It must be awesome to be known for being dishonest!
Rockdoc
AG
Not 250 pages
Chance Chase McMasters
Quote:

You lie on every post

Citation needed.

Aren't you a Trump supporter? Does lying bother you? It bothers me.
Rockdoc
AG

Quote:

You lie on every post

Citation needed.

Hearing lies or telling lies?
Chance Chase McMasters
Post a link or a quote if you even know how. This thread and the other ones are 250+ pages. I don't even know what "other" thread you're talking about.

I don't know what uncomfortable fact you don't like, therefore call It a lie.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Just a few more days and Gary Chance disappears forever

Still going to bump every stupid thing you've said for 200 pages
Chance Chase McMasters
You guys can't even find one "lie". Rockdoc might be an actual rock. It can't post quotes or links.
Rockdoc
AG
Haha. May be a rock, but not a sock. Poor dude.
will25u
Hmmm.

BuddysBud
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Just a few more days and Gary Chance disappears forever

Still going to bump every stupid thing you've said for 200 pages

He'll be back, just under a different name.
Just wait until the next BS accusation from the Dems.
aggieforester05
AG

Quote:

You lie on every post

Citation needed.

Yet you support the lying Democrats in this endeavor? Hypocrite!
Chance Chase McMasters
I support Justin Amash and other liberty minded conservatives. I also support him in this endeavor. Getting a corrupt lying charlatan out of the WH.
Wildcat
AG
Misread
First Page Last Page
Page 240 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.